Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Notts County Matchday Thread  (Read 23410 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:03:11 »

Having watched last two games on IFollow, what a gulf between 1st and 2nd at the top of Div 2.  A good result but reminded me of Sunday League games I used to play in on the CG extension.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #76 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:03:50 »

We never really looked like conceding playing with 3 at the back, Robertson had a good game, as did both Preston and Lancashire.

We need a left back, Iandolo is not a left back but when going forward and dead balls he looks handy.

We need a centre forward who can pass, hold the ball, win headers and shoot, Norris is not that.

We need an attacking midfielder, Anderson runs around a lot but is not good enough.

We need a tough tackling and not petulant defensive midfielder, Dunne is a liability and cannot pass or tackle without conceding possion or a foul.

Woolery looks good when we play to his strengths, as we did a lot more today.

County are no more than an average side, they offered no threat until the last 5 mins, and when they did we were equal to it.

Good win, obviously buys Flitcroft time.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:04:49 »

Thanks for the updates PV. Much appreciated.
You are always very welcome, its hard to get a view of how the game is going unless you can actually see it happening.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:35:40 »

Good win that although County sounded average at best. Hopefully something to build on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:43:23 »

County were crap, but we've lost to plenty of crap teams at home this season. Credit to Flitcroft, been worried that he seemed inflexible and incapable of changing things, well he certainly changed things around today and it worked, impressed with that. It doesn't mean we're wonderful all of a sudden but the team dug deep today and that is a big 3 points, if only to show the team and the fans they can win at home. Clearly we need to follow that up by beating Forest Green in a couple of weeks though, then maybe we can start to turn things round. Impressed with Woolery, Iandolo, Charles-Cooke and mainly Flitcroft today

County's No 10 was an annoying dirty git, their no 2 and no 7 looked like they'd had an argument with the kit man who'd issued them bollock-wreckingly tight shorts in revenge and no 7 in pink boots and a kit that looked a couple of sizes too small looked like the fat gay hairdresser off Benidorm.
woolster

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:47:06 »

looked like the fat gay hairdresser off Benidorm.
[/quote]

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:56:16 »

Enjoyed that.

It's All Good..............
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 18:00:12 »

Left at half time so can't comment on second half.

Woolery was the difference between the sides in the first half.  Pace, strength and work-rate are a potent combination in Div 4.

Great result. Pleased for the players and even more so for the home support.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 18:09:14 »

Great result. Pleased for the players and even more so for the home support.

Always good to win, but it is that bit sweeter given the context. Unfortunately not long to bask in the afterglow, as a difficult fixture on Monday.  We know this season that we struggle to back up a Saturday in the mid week, Flitters made a bit of use of squad today, but will now need to decide whether to stick with 3 at the back, or revert to the so far successful away shape.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 18:37:51 »

Always good to win, but it is that bit sweeter given the context. Unfortunately not long to bask in the afterglow, as a difficult fixture on Monday.  We know this season that we struggle to back up a Saturday in the mid week, Flitters made a bit of use of squad today, but will now need to decide whether to stick with 3 at the back, or revert to the so far successful away shape.

Sorry to disappoint you but, granted, if we do go on a 22 game losing run from here, we could be in grave danger of relegation. So keep your chin up.

Anyone would have thought that a solid, professional 1-0 home win was just what the doctor ordered. But never mind.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 18:50:15 »

Sorry to disappoint you but, granted, if we do go on a 22 game losing run from here, we could be in grave danger of relegation. So keep your chin up.

Anyone would have thought that a solid, professional 1-0 home win was just what the doctor ordered. But never mind.
To be fair, I don't think there was anything negative about Reg's post and he didn't even mention the 'r' word...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 19:35:12 »

A decent day. We win, scum and traders lose. Decent performance today. Felt we comfortably won although a bit tense in the last 10. A really good save at the end. County were crap but so were Colchester and newport. I don't think there was any stand out player. It was a good team effort. Woolley is like a learner driver in a Ferrari. If he could get some control he'd be a good player. Happy tonight though. Now, do I go to Barnet? 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 20:08:12 »

Well after waking up his morning and thinking the game was at Meadow Lane, I got ready for the match. Ready to leave my humble Derbyshire home at 1pm thought I'd check the other fixtures. It was then I saw Town were at home. Call me a conspiracy theorist but this was the first time this season I had worn my Town shirt, and we won. AT HOME! Hmmm, should I now try and wake up every saturday that Town are at home, think they are away and then subsequently put on my town shirt?

Any way, a home win. Is a home win and long may it continue. Although Flitcroft is on borrowed time, I think he is only a L2 Manager. Even if we somehow gain promotion Power should have the nous to get rid end of season and look for a L1/Promotion chasing/Upcoming manager to stabilise ourselves in L1. Then in his words, "go all in" again, to try and achieve a Championship place and put things in place to sustain that. You may think i'm getting ahead of myself but we really need to manifest these kinds of visions and I certainly hope Lee Power has at least this kind of minimum stability. Our position affects his position and subsequently how much money he can make out of us, as a business. Come on Power, give us your 3/4/5 year vision for the club and how you look to achieve this.

I'm off for a beer but I hope DF has the lads in tomorrow morning and ready for new years day. Will be interesting to see how the Barnet result goes, if it's favourable then despite the break afterwards we should go on to beat FVR (yes, even at home). It would make the Luton result look like an untenable nightmare at the office and would set us up for the remainder of January.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 20:10:16 »

fantastic win. the thought of Iandolo as left back had me face palming, but should have realised he would have been wing back with Robertson in the team.

Did Preston get knocked out, or was that an over exaggeration?

anyway wasn't there, hope it's some sort of turn around and not a flash in the pan.  But very well done indeed Town.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 20:20:14 »

Luton battered 4-0 by Port Vale.

What a fucked up league this is.

Aka when DV bets on Notts County and Luton.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: