Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Squad evaluation post on thisis  (Read 6931 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 11:52:24 »

I think that was the point!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 11:58:58 »

I'm sure you're fishing but your comment sums up the point of my post in three sentences.
Not fishing and was sober for once. I don't do this fishing mallarkey. Its how I feel.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:19:22 »

The Bovril bothers me.....that oxo is shite!

If you don't sing any Bovril related songs then clearly you deserve what you get for your general apathy. In Fact, I think you should make a mad Bovril chant for the next home game. That'd get the atmosphere going. In fact, I've just thought of a really naff one whilst typing:

We stir to the left
We stir to the right
That drink called Bovril
Makes OXO taste shite
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 12:21:58 »

Not fishing and was sober for once. I don't do this fishing mallarkey. Its how I feel.

If you think our fans have been good this season then I'd like to know how the opticians charged you for tinting your lenses a rose colour.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:41:30 »

If you think our fans have been good this season then I'd like to know how the opticians charged you for tinting your lenses a rose colour.
I didn't say that. What I did say was that I fully understand why our fans have been silent. At times - ie Leicester when the players had a go then the fans woke up. If the players grew a pair then maybe the fans would respond.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:41:55 »

when a new boss comes into a club,i'd expect the players of that club to raise their game and effort.surely the players will be eager to impress?
if that is the case,have our players raised their games and effort levels a notch recently?
 is it that their best isn't good enough?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 19:31:08 »

It was good enough against Orient when the fans were behind them
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 10:20:33 »

I didn't say that. What I did say was that I fully understand why our fans have been silent. At times - ie Leicester when the players had a go then the fans woke up. If the players grew a pair then maybe the fans would respond.

Agree.....we battled against Stockport as well and it lifted the crowd no end!

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 10:36:01 »

And yet we were deadly silent against Tranmere, even though we won. We're quiet right at the start of every home game - I don't think it's reasonable that the team should create a chance within a minute of kicking off and thus lift the crowd. Against Leyton Orient we started so well, but the atmosphere was there right before the game anyway. In fact Orient is a great example of both the players and the fans putting in the effort from the off - why should we wait for the players to do something or vice versa?

I'm not stating the reason for poor performances are the fans, but I don't doubt we've played a part, especially the fans who ripped into Malpas even before we had done anything wrong. I think there is a negative attitude amongst the fans has rubbed off onto the players is all I am saying.

Oh and I agree that poor performnces breed poor atmosphere, but I think we need to get over it and start trying to pull ourselves out of the shit. Players and fans included.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 10:42:52 »

And yet we were deadly silent against Tranmere, even though we won. We're quiet right at the start of every home game - I don't think it's reasonable that the team should create a chance within a minute of kicking off and thus lift the crowd. Against Leyton Orient we started so well, but the atmosphere was there right before the game anyway. In fact Orient is a great example of both the players and the fans putting in the effort from the off - why should we wait for the players to do something or vice versa?

I'm not stating the reason for poor performances are the fans, but I don't doubt we've played a part, especially the fans who ripped into Malpas even before we had done anything wrong. I think there is a negative attitude amongst the fans has rubbed off onto the players is all I am saying.

Oh and I agree that poor performnces breed poor atmosphere, but I think we need to get over it and start trying to pull ourselves out of the shit. Players and fans included.

The atmosphere at away games is usually pretty good anyway.

The main problem at the CG is a lot of the singers in the Townend are now sitting in the Arkells, or Don Rodgers, thus diluting the Townends impact.

Oh, also not forgetting that for most of this season we've been shit at home.......

It's All Good..............
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 10:46:54 »

Well according to Chris at the club, in December, they have plans for the Town End.

Four weeks on and nothing, no attempt has been made to improve the atmosphere at the ground.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 10:51:07 »

Supply everyone in the town end with a megaphone?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 14:45:45 »

Make the away fans sit down!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 14:48:13 »

SIT DOWN!!!!!!!

It's All Good..............
Dozno9

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 17:12:41 »

Townend should be a tenner, and that is that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: