Poll
Question: Now 'The Adver understands' these are the three, who would be your choice.
Di Canio - 21 (15.1%)
Hamann - 100 (71.9%)
Burley - 18 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your choice.  (Read 20128 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 15:39:50 »

Was he manager there for the whole season, i wasn't sure?

Anyway, there you go - first season as a rookie and he almost wins the FA cup. I wish people would stop insisting on an experienced gaffer
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 15:42:25 by LucienSanchez » Logged

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 15:41:18 »

He didnt win the FA Cup!

As for experience - just look at the other nights results. Swansea and Reading. Brendan Rogers and Brain McDermott!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 15:45:49 »

He didnt win the FA Cup!

As for experience - just look at the other nights results. Swansea and Reading. Brendan Rogers and Brain McDermott!

good point.both served in the youth systems for years,where it appears bodin who has a similar history was written off by the board and most fans.
Barry Scott

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 15:46:41 »

This is what I'm thinking. It seems younger managers have more in common with the modern day footballer and are able to get more out of them. I think the days of the manager who man-manages his team in a friendly and empathetic manner, and gets respect because he's one of them, are here. Hasbeens are ten a penny, new potential talent isn't.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 15:48:35 »

good point.both served in the youth systems for years,where it appears bodin who has a similar history was written off by the board and most fans.

true.

Rogers was head hunted from Chelsea by Reading. McDermott got lucky in the fact he was put in as caretaker and proved himself very well to get the job.

If Bodin had taken over after Wilson and had 13 games to prove himself rather than 2 pointless-we're-already-down games he might have swayed some opinions.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:02:31 »

What a great situation this is to be in.  Gone are the days of scrabbling round only to appoint the likes of Iffy Onoura or Maurice!!

It's a shame that Iffy got fired out as manager of Ethiopia, cos if di Canio gets the job he could have set up an ace pre season tour of Abyssinia (open goal here for Nev).  Fascist Mussolini fan Italians are always welcome in Addis Ababa.
Swindoner

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:03:17 »

true.

Rogers was head hunted from Chelsea by Reading. McDermott got lucky in the fact he was put in as caretaker and proved himself very well to get the job.

If Bodin had taken over after Wilson and had 13 games to prove himself rather than 2 pointless-we're-already-down games he might have swayed some opinions.

Wrong......Brendan Rodgers was head hunted by Watford and managed them for a while before leaving them to manage Reading.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:10:23 »

point still stands.
Barry Scott

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:20:27 »

It just got me thinking, how many new young managers have failed of late?

Rogers, McDermott, Di Matteo, Martinez, Souza, Robinson, Robins, Dickov, Adkins, Parkinson, Poyet, Bradbury, Clarke are some of the relatively successful ones, are there any failures? Roy Keane perhaps, but he needs at least £50m to have a reasonable stab at it, so perhaps it isn't a fair comparison.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:26:32 »

I was going to say Ince, but he did well to keep Macclesfield up in the very beginning, and won L2 with Franchise... i'd say he hasn't been a roaring success though overall.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:36:49 »

It just got me thinking, how many new young managers have failed of late?

Rogers, McDermott, Di Matteo, Martinez, Souza, Robinson, Robins, Dickov, Adkins, Parkinson, Poyet, Bradbury, Clarke are some of the relatively successful ones, are there any failures? Roy Keane perhaps, but he needs at least £50m to have a reasonable stab at it, so perhaps it isn't a fair comparison.
For every Rogers there is a John Barnes, for every Poyet there is a Gianfranco Zola and for every Martinez there is a Leroy Rosenior.

Swings and roundabouts on how successful a newly retired footballer becoming a good manager.

I would also not totally agree with Dickov being a success in all honesty.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:40:31 »

Southgate and Ian Baraclough are two I can think of as rookie failiures
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:51:43 »

For every Rogers there is a John Barnes, for every Poyet there is a Gianfranco Zola and for every Martinez there is a Leroy Rosenior.

Swings and roundabouts on how successful a newly retired footballer becoming a good manager.

I would also not totally agree with Dickov being a success in all honesty.

oldham were shit.......but better than us!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 16:58:06 »

oldham were shit.......but better than us!

Point taken and agreed with but I wouldnt call him a success! Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nochee

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:14:28 »

Daddy or chips?
Haha brilliant. I even read that in a welsh accent Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: