Poll
Question: Now 'The Adver understands' these are the three, who would be your choice.
Di Canio - 21 (15.1%)
Hamann - 100 (71.9%)
Burley - 18 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your choice.  (Read 19783 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:14:34 »

Lumps its all about opinions and personal preference.No one knows how it will turn out but the way you make everyone out to be total twats for not sharing your opinion is a bit off mate.
Spencer_White

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:19:31 »

Initially I was well chuffed that Burley was interested in the job, so I rang my Southampton supporting mate, and he said avoid Burley like the plague. Make of that what you want, but I trust his opinion.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:23:28 »

With the other names in the hat, I'm not convinced Di Canio is the best available option.

But if they do choose him, I think they should be applauded on making a brave decision.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:23:55 »

With the other names in the hat, I'm not convinced Di Canio is the best available option.

But if they do choose him, I think the board should be applauded on making a brave decision.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:25:06 »

Initially I was well chuffed that Burley was interested in the job, so I rang my Southampton supporting mate, and he said avoid Burley like the plague. Make of that what you want, but I trust his opinion.
Funnily enough I spoke to my Saints supporting mate and he said pretty much the complete opposite. Opinions, like arseholes....
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:25:28 »

Burley would be a good solid appointment. So was Sturrock. So was Malpas (ahem). So was Wilson. Where are we? Back in League Two... Let's think outside the box.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:28:01 »

Yeah i've read up on Burley a bit and i'm less keen than I was when it first came to light he was in the running.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:29:14 »

Burley would be a good solid appointment. So was Sturrock. So was Malpas (ahem). So was Wilson. Where are we? Back in League Two... Let's think outside the box.

We were promoted under Sturrock, and nearly promoted under Wilson. A little bit of luck and we could have been just relegated from the championship Smiley

We'll ignore Malpas.

Burley isn't my first choice, but I won't be disappointed by him.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:35:43 »

Neither would I Batch. I think my point is that we've had respected steady managers... Let's get people talking about Swindon Town's ambition.

People want Hamann or Di Canio ahead of Burley, so what!?! It doesn't mean that everyone will say "oh for fuck sake" if Burley was to be appointed.

...Well, Spencer might Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:42:00 by Costanza » Logged
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:42:31 »

Hamann is my choice, but have changed my mind several times as they all have different advantages
Barry Scott

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:52:17 »

Point taken and agreed with but I wouldnt call him a success! Cheesy

No you're right, I suppose he's not. I think Southgate, as mentioned by town23, was a success though, just unfairly treated.

To add another, Hughton was. What about Coleman?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:12:52 »

Any reason why you quoted yourself there? Or did you just do because you could Hmmm
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:28:49 »

^

Quite possibly for the same reason you quoted something from me with no text in it.

Some internet gubbins. I.E. I don't know.
Lumps

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:53:12 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers

Did he say why? On results he looks, Hoddle aside, like he performed better than anyone since 1949. Do you think his opinion could be coloured by the situation they were in (relegated from the prem for the first time under Redknapp and not bouncing back first time like they might have hoped).

Lumps

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 20:56:35 »

All of those did pretty well for us, except Malpas who had no real record as a manager, (one shit season with 'Well aside).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: