Poll
Question: Now 'The Adver understands' these are the three, who would be your choice.
Di Canio - 21 (15.1%)
Hamann - 100 (71.9%)
Burley - 18 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your choice.  (Read 19776 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:19:27 »

Di Canio for me.

Would be happy with Hamann but don't want Burley.

agreed
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:22:14 »

Same here
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 17:46:49 »

Fed up with misleading internet gossip, I thought I'd head for where it's at - the East Midlands - for some genuine investigative work.  Would it shed any light?

Leicester Mercury today quoted their Chief Exec as saying he knew nothing about the Hamann speculation other than what he'd read in the papers. Mmmm.

I also had a drive around the city but there were no signs of impending hysteria:  I saw precisely no "Don't go Didi" messages scrawled on scabby bedsheets hung out of first floor windows.

Possible breakthrough - there were some traffic jams, within just a few miles of the Walkers stadium, so maybe the good folk were off to hold an impromptu farewell do for their favourite German.  It was raining though and there was a big Tesco Extra thing nearby, they could just have been going to do the weekly shop.

Tomorrow, Italy or the pub, depending....

Smiley I could have saved you the bother, though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:06:06 »

Hamann is my first choice by some distance. I'm getting more put off of Di Canio every day. Burley would OK but i'd still prefer Hamann.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:13:57 »

Hamman for me. Wouldn't be happy with Di Canio. I think he would fuck off after 5 minutes. He's a nut job.

But as always, I would be more than happy if he proved me wrong.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:18:05 »

It's Hamann for me. Di Canio would need a good number 2, a bit like Poyet with Wise.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:23:36 »

Hamann is my first choice by some distance. I'm getting more put off of Di Canio every day. Burley would OK but i'd still prefer Hamann.
Yep, my views too. We need an element of stability after last season's debacle. If we did appoint Di Canio and West Ham have a crap start to the season we could be hearing speculation about him joining them for months and months when we really need to focus on ourselves and getting back up.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:24:26 »

For every Rogers there is a John Barnes, for every Poyet there is a Gianfranco Zola and for every Martinez there is a Leroy Rosenior.

Swings and roundabouts on how successful a newly retired footballer becoming a good manager.

I would also not totally agree with Dickov being a success in all honesty.
Absolutely.

Not overly concerned regarding experience/inexperience but how a players career could potentially shape their managerial career - Hamann is preferable to Di Canio for the exact reasons DV detailed at length.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:31:30 »

didi fo me
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:32:22 »

I'm in the majority, Hamann. I don't share Di Canio's political idealogy but what concerns me the most is how just how long can we keep hold of this guy? My gut feeling is not very long.

Is a couple of months of 'bragging' that we've got Paolo Di Canio as manager worth it? I don't think so. I'm realistic, I know any 'big' name is a gamble but I don't want to "keep crossing that bridge" every time we appoint a manager.

Cue the appointment of George Burley.
DMR

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:39:01 »

If Buckle's poachable and Rovers get him I'll be fucked off, would rate him streets ahead of this shortlist.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 18:48:15 »

So if the Adver is to believed its a choice between an alcoholic old school manager who shags his players wives - allegedly, a drink driving gamblaholic or a fascist nutjob.
I have no inside and its just a gut feeling ( and its a big gut ) but I still wouldn't be surprised if The Fridge came back.
Lumps

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:05:42 »

Why is everyone so hot and stiff for DH all of a sudden? An OK player with a bit of coaching experience at a massively underachieving championship club. How long is the list of really good coaches that made shit managers now? Anyone want Brian Kidd as manager? What about John Gorman? Or Ray Wilkins? No? But that bloke that helped get Leicester nearly to the play-offs? Fuck yes the jobs yours.

This being blinded by the glamour of a name when someone with the managerial record of Burley is up for the job leaves me really staggered.
flammableBen

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:08:31 »

Why is everyone so hot and stiff for DH all of a sudden?

He's not Di Canio.
Wiggler

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, May 18, 2011, 19:09:35 »

Why is everyone so hot and stiff for DH all of a sudden? An OK player with a bit of coaching experience at a massively underachieving championship club. How long is the list of really good coaches that made shit managers now? Anyone want Brian Kidd as manager? What about John Gorman? Or Ray Wilkins? No? But that bloke that helped get Leicester nearly to the play-offs? Fuck yes the jobs yours.

This being blinded by the glamour of a name when someone with the managerial record of Burley is up for the job leaves me really staggered.

Lumps old boy, it's time to face up to it and accept the truth...

...Germaine Greer is not going to be our next manager, I'm sorry.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: