Pages: 1 ... 2484 2485 2486 [2487] 2488 2489 2490 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5196209 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37290 on: Thursday, November 3, 2022, 13:29:10 »

The Wrexham love in.  Puke
adje

Ignore
« Reply #37291 on: Thursday, November 3, 2022, 20:40:11 »

The Wrexham love in.  Puke
Yeah. Fuck 'em. As much a "fairytale" as bloody Salford

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37292 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 08:34:43 »

"We have to get inflation down the experts say" now on a top of rising energy, fuel, food & consumable prices etc it's now predicted Jeremy Hunt is eyeing up Council Tax plans with prices expected to soar next year.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37293 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 09:02:45 »

council tax is already eye watering for what most people get : bins emptied every 2 weeks, the communal grass cut and the odd botched pothole repair

there isn't much more left to squeeze
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37294 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 09:11:01 »

council tax is already eye watering for what most people get : bins emptied every 2 weeks, the communal grass cut and the odd botched pothole repair

there isn't much more left to squeeze

That's before the energy bills & mortgage increases have kicked in. We're be close to breaking point soon.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37295 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 09:20:14 »

"We have to get inflation down the experts say" now on a top of rising energy, fuel, food & consumable prices etc it's now predicted Jeremy Hunt is eyeing up Council Tax plans with prices expected to soar next year.
One of the usual fixes for high inflation was to let unemployment rise. Not so easy now seeing as there is already a jobs surfeit with employers having to pay more to attract staff.

When is someone going to realise the ‘tried and tested’ economic model just doesn’t work. It’s always boom and bust. Any government’s primary responsibility should be looking after its people.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37296 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 09:22:48 »

One of the usual fixes for high inflation was to let unemployment rise. Not so easy now seeing as there is already a jobs surfeit with employers having to pay more to attract staff.

When is someone going to realise the ‘tried and tested’ economic model just doesn’t work. It’s always boom and bust. Any government’s primary responsibility should be looking after its people.

Well said Aud the people should come first.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #37297 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 10:15:26 »

Power to the peeeeople!!!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37298 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 21:16:03 »

The farce that was the fireworks at Lydiard park. If I had to guess, was at least three times over sold.

Hour and a half to get in, over an hour to get out (only one entrance in use, for some reason). Overwhelmed scout volunteers trying and failing to manage the mayhem.

Things get better but they never get good
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #37299 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 21:30:21 »

The farce that was the fireworks at Lydiard park. If I had to guess, was at least three times over sold.

Hour and a half to get in, over an hour to get out (only one entrance in use, for some reason). Overwhelmed scout volunteers trying and failing to manage the mayhem.

If Karen and her pussy stopped making a fuss we could all enjoy rattling the neighbours windows with home displays without feeling guilty for selfish individuals trying to impose their will on yours.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #37300 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 21:57:40 »

If Karen and her pussy stopped making a fuss we could all enjoy rattling the neighbours windows with home displays without feeling guilty for selfish individuals trying to impose their will on yours.

Serious post? Hmmm
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37301 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 22:04:06 »

I’m not entirely sure what that point is. There’s nothing stopping you from having your own displays at home (apart from maybe some consideration for neighbours, but even that is navigatable with communication)

Almost all home displays are shit, though. I’d rather spend the same And watch a professional display. The fireworks display itself was fine tonight, it was the organisation of everything else that was the problem

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37302 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 22:05:11 »

Bit of a queue to get in, but getting out was OK. Only 15mins in and 10 out for us. Felt like a 15k crowd.
We walked though, I guess you drove?
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 22:07:23 by 4D » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37303 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 22:09:39 »

Yeah, drove in. Got caught in standstill traffic in west Swindon prior (reading a lot of people didn’t make it) but luckily decided to ditch that in the end and go via basset which was moving more freely

Took me ages to find the car afterwards!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37304 on: Saturday, November 5, 2022, 22:52:48 »

Wife was coming home from her mother’s in Grange Park.
Took her an hour to get from there to Badbury park.

Oh course she didn’t want to leave when she did…but…you know, we are parents, our 4 year old makes the decisions  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 2484 2485 2486 [2487] 2488 2489 2490 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: