Poll
Question: Should we sanction airstrikes in syria
Yes - 30 (32.3%)
No - 51 (54.8%)
Dont Know - 12 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 82

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bombing Syria  (Read 20481 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 14:39:38 »

Get the feeling the 'recreational' bombing is just a prelude to ground troops going in.

The Russkies have a big part to play in all this

We'll need a lot then....probably need to reintroduce conscription. During WW 2, men aged 18-41, were reckoned about the right age  Bye
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 14:47:49 »

I am touched you remembered...

What like putting questions to Cameron in writing prior to the debate and then providing a detailed and argued justification to their members for their position via email yesterday, I suppose alternatively they could have just waved their cocks around in parliament yesterday trying to score political points rather than debating the issue (the wasting of huge amounts of time by repeated questions to Cameron to apologise and his rhetoric avoiding thus - Corbyn selectively quoting form the 'Syrian Family' in his constituency to support his point rather than accurately stating what they actually said). I could go on, but sadly the whole issue got lost in party politics.

I (like Tim Farron in fact) admit I am not sure what the answer is but it isn't just an excuse for the usual suspects to score points! I do find it a little rich Labour banging on about evidence after Iraq (hell this looks like a smoking gun compared to Blair's little adventure).

Not having a pop btw. If I had a vote anywhere, it would have gone to the LibDems at the last election. But I thought the case for bombing was as full of holes as an Afghan hospital, and history provides such tediously repetitive lessons about these revenge wars that I thought we could have counted on the LDs to do their duty as a party of opposition and throw out the shabby plan. I was very disappointed to see them wave this dismal government through - they deserve a much harder ride than any party other than the SNP is giving them atm.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Skinny Pete

« Reply #92 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 15:04:13 »

We'll need a lot then....probably need to reintroduce conscription. During WW 2, men aged 18-41, were reckoned about the right age  Bye
Wouldn't just be us, though. It is in every country's  interest to wipe them out
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 15:11:54 »

You have to laugh when you read through this thread. The simple minded posts from the usual suspects betray their stupidity and weakness.

The commons vote yesterday was not a vote to 'bomb Syria', it was vote to extend RAF operations into Syria. The target hasn't changed, just the area of operations.

IS needs to be destroyed which is something I think both those against and in favour of this extension can agree on. Targeting the infrastructure is one perfectly legitimate action, amongst others that is required in order to achieve that.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 15:29:28 »

I thought we could have counted on the LDs to do their duty as a party of opposition and throw out the shabby plan.
They've got 8 MPs, they'd struggle to throw out their own backs with that number.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 16:49:14 »

You have to laugh when you read through this thread. The simple minded posts from the usual suspects betray their stupidity and weakness.

The commons vote yesterday was not a vote to 'bomb Syria', it was vote to extend RAF operations into Syria. The target hasn't changed, just the area of operations.

IS needs to be destroyed which is something I think both those against and in favour of this extension can agree on. Targeting the infrastructure is one perfectly legitimate action, amongst others that is required in order to achieve that.
Spot on and pretty much what I said in an earlier post. About 99% of people voicing an opinion on the vote appear to be oblivious to this. We aren't entering a new conflict, it is essentially just an extension into Syria of Operation Shader by the RAF.  Unfortunately Corbyn has used the whole thing to try and make it all about him and a lot of the facts have got lost as a result.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 16:53:32 »

Spot on and pretty much what I said in an earlier post. About 99% of people voicing an opinion on the vote appear to be oblivious to this. We aren't entering a new conflict, it is essentially just an extension into Syria of Operation Shader by the RAF.  Unfortunately Corbyn has used the whole thing to try and make it all about him and a lot of the facts have got lost as a result.
The 'special ones' on here aren't known for taking facts into consideration.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 17:01:33 »

There's just the small matter that Syria is de facto still a sovereign state. As a result, their head of state has invited in the Russians to provide military support....he's not inviting us in.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 17:12:19 »

There's just the small matter that Syria is de facto still a sovereign state. As a result, their head of state has invited in the Russians to provide military support....he's not inviting us in.
He's not exactly in a position to stop us and the Russians have been around the table and aren't stopping the French or the Amercans though are they?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 17:36:26 »

He's not exactly in a position to stop us and the Russians have been around the table and aren't stopping the French or the Amercans though are they?

The die is cast. You seem to think HMG and their apologists on the Labour benches know what they are doing, I would suggest a majority of the UK population disagree. Let's see...
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 17:42:23 »

The argument that it is just an extension of the attacks on Iraq is, at best, a very simplistic take on a very complex matter.

At the highest level, Iraq invited us, Syria have not. A whole world of difference.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 17:51:35 »

The die is cast. You seem to think HMG and their apologists on the Labour benches know what they are doing, I would suggest a majority of the UK population disagree. Let's see...
I seem to think the apologists on the opposition benches are those who voted against this extension of the RAF remit.

Your party is led by people who only appear to support bombing 'enemies' when they're bombing British.

As much as I hate the smarmy two faced weasel, that cunt Cameron was right.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 19:12:38 »

The argument that it is just an extension of the attacks on Iraq is, at best, a very simplistic take on a very complex matter.

At the highest level, Iraq invited us, Syria have not. A whole world of difference.
Who would invite us in? They are currently embroiled in a civil war and are being invaded by militant extremists, there isn't really a true ruling government in power. In any case a UN resolution is in place for this and it would be pretty poor form if we didn't stand side by side with our allies on this, it's not like we are going alone!
At the end of the day we were a target before this decision and will be a target after this. Strategic bombing of their supply lines and infrastructure will disrupt them and I would imagine this is just the first act of a bigger play.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 19:53:59 »

They've got 8 MPs, they'd struggle to throw out their own backs with that number.

Well that's true, but if this forum's representatives are anything to go by, their lack of spine appears to be losing them a good number of the new members they signed up after the last election.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 19:58:02 »

The 'special ones' on here aren't known for taking facts into consideration.

Don't you think the whole debate on here and in the Chamber yesterday was about which "facts" each side chooses to believe?

This isn't going to fit well with your worldview, but you don't have a monopoly on correctness.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: