Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Merry Christmas Oscar  (Read 3133 times)
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 14:20:27 »

Well, after all the shenanigans in the courtrooms Oscar Pistorius is going to be home for Christmas.
A big smile on his face and bail set at £457 he must think that Santa has come early this year.
South African justice!

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 15:56:25 »

Well, after all the shenanigans in the courtrooms Oscar Pistorius is going to be home for Christmas.
A big smile on his face and bail set at £457 he must think that Santa has come early this year.
South African justice!
Or British justice - an adult female babysitter seduced an 11 year old boy and got a suspended sentence, the sentence was appealed but appears to have been upheld!  Now if an adult man had shagged the 11 year old he was meant to be looking after I guess a long prison sentence could be expected!
Sir red ken

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 16:00:55 »

Or British justice - an adult female babysitter seduced an 11 year old boy and got a suspended sentence, the sentence was appealed but appears to have been upheld!  Now if an adult man had shagged the 11 year old he was meant to be looking after I guess a long prison sentence could be expected!

He might not get prison sentence if he (1) works for the BBC (2) Is a member of parliament (is there a joke in that) (3) Is of an ethnic group for whom is part of their culture.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 16:54:59 »

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 22:12:00 »

I wish people would stop talking about this one case as if it's representative of the entire British justice system.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Talk Talk

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2015, 22:15:05 »

I wish people would stop talking about this one case as if it's representative of the entire British justice system.

The entire British Justice System is based upon 11 years old boys willing to sell their sisters to Arab slave traders to get shagged by any woman, whatever age.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 09:16:29 »

It is though. Women are far less likely than men to be convicted, and then actually far less likely to go to prison for the same crimes. If they do end up in prison, they stay there for less time than a man would.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/women-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 16:59:57 »

It is though. Women are far less likely than men to be convicted, and then actually far less likely to go to prison for the same crimes. If they do end up in prison, they stay there for less time than a man would.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/women-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2013

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/men-women-prison-sentence-length-gender-gap_n_1874742.html

Cheers for that, those are interesting reads.

I will note that the mitigating/aggravating circumstances often differ in cases of female sex offenders, even if the crime is the same, but I don't doubt there's a disparity. This particular case just seems an extreme example, amd it's frustrating to read people say things like "oh, well she's female, she'll get away with it".

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 17:45:11 »

I can think of at least 3 others that have "gotten away with it" in the last year or so too. It happens with depressing regularity.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 11:55:36 »

This thread has just reminded me of Prisoner Cell Block H.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 12:01:54 by 4D » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 12:09:36 »

This thread has just reminded me of Prisoner Cell Block H.

Coincidentally Maggie Kirkpatrick, who played The Freak" in Prisoner was one of the ones who didn't get away with it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 12:28:37 »

Cleared, apparently.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 12:43:00 »

Cleared, apparently.

Really.... oh yes having on Wiki looked she was cleared on appeal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: