Poll
Question: Should we sanction airstrikes in syria
Yes - 30 (32.3%)
No - 51 (54.8%)
Dont Know - 12 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bombing Syria  (Read 20340 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 09:49:39 »

Completely agree Reg. This is what you get when you have evil corrupt lying sociopaths in control. It doesn't matter which party they are, they're all cunts. Hope they all get taken out with a fucking big bomb themselves.

Careful.  Comments like that may come back to haunt you.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 09:50:15 »

So Isis won its vote in the Commons. Not sure Labour can hold together after this betrayal of the British working classes by 60 odd MP's.

Previously, at least there was the excuse of ignorance, now we know exactly what we'll get....more home grown terrorists, more refugees and economic migrants, more slaughter of innocents and British servicemen and women......and all to worsen the situation in the Middle East.

"But it worked on the Nazi's"

That's the best justification I've heard so far. And by best I mean the most retarded.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 09:53:36 »

GET INTO 'EM! FUCK 'EM UP!

Hope you're all well.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 09:55:56 »

Cameron calling people who were against a bombing campaign "terrorist sympathisers" and winning this vote is very worrying indeed. Using a blatant lie to try to convince people. Disgraceful.

This won't be a bombing campaign alone. Our lads will die out there and this won't do anything to eliminate a terrorist threat. 
The potential terrorists are in the UK already.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 09:58:10 »

I wish I was as certain on this one as most of the internet seems to be. It must be nice to have such absolute black and white clarity on everything in life. If you vote for, you're a bomb-loving baby killer, if you vote no, you're a terrorist sympathizer. Heaven forbid there be anyone in between.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 09:59:01 »

Provide a military plan, costings, territorial objectives, timescales and, above all, an exit strategy...and I'd very possibly support military action.  But none of these were on the table yesterday.

It scares me that so many MPs felt able to vote for airstrikes when - quite clearly - none can have really known what they were voting for.  It was a vote to 'do something'.  Anything.

There should now be a massive political effort to coordinate an international opposition to Daesh on the ground in Syria.  Taking speculative pot shots from the sky will achieve nothing.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:00:28 »

Provide a military plan, costings, territorial objectives, timescales and, above all, an exit strategy...and I'd very possibly support military action.  But none of these were on the table yesterday.

It scares me that so many MPs felt able to vote for airstrikes when - quite clearly - none can have really known what they were voting for.  It was a vote to 'do something'.  Anything.

There should now be a massive political effort to coordinate an international opposition to Daesh on the ground in Syria.  Taking speculative pot shots from the sky will achieve nothing.

Couldn't agree more with that. Bombing might be a reasonable step as part of a much wider plan, but nobody seems to be putting that forward. Perhaps because asking where the support and money for Daesh may be coming from might ask a few difficult questions of our 'key allies' in the region?
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:03:51 by Nemo » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:16:41 »

Interesting to see that all the snp votes were against. I wonder if they have voted with the government on anything? 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:27:01 »

Cameron calling people who were against a bombing campaign "terrorist sympathisers" and winning this vote is very worrying indeed. Using a blatant lie to try to convince people. Disgraceful.
even the selling of the Iraq conflict was based on what you could call a false claim of WMD.

definitely not originally to protect oil interests, then  a bit late a hard wired thirst for revenge to sept 11

This won't be a bombing campaign alone. Our lads will die out there and this won't do anything to eliminate a terrorist threat.  
The potential terrorists are in the UK already.
can't see ground troops being deployed, maybe special forces. more likely to train up the most palatable of opposition forces and let them get on with it
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:32:48 »

https://www.facebook.com/xmnewsmedia/videos/1021574914551189/
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:36:33 »

The scariest thing is people trying to act all political and pretend they know what is going on. The irony isn't lost on me that most of the people moaning about the decision probably didn't vote at the election in the first place.

A lot of people are missing the point though, we are already carrying out air strikes in Iraq, this vote was purely to allow them to carry on into Syria rather than stopping at the border. We're not actually entering into a new war or conflict.....
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:41:08 »

The scariest thing is people trying to act all political and pretend they know what is going on.

This.

Plus their ability to see into the future and seemingly know for a fact how this will end up.  I must have missed all the classified intelligence and security briefs that ended up in the public domain
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 10:47:42 »

I wish I was as certain on this one as most of the internet seems to be. It must be nice to have such absolute black and white clarity on everything in life. If you vote for, you're a bomb-loving baby killer, if you vote no, you're a terrorist sympathizer. Heaven forbid there be anyone in between.

I'm happy to be in the fuzzy middle ground.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 11:06:16 »

Provide a military plan, costings, territorial objectives, timescales and, above all, an exit strategy...and I'd very possibly support military action.  But none of these were on the table yesterday.

It scares me that so many MPs felt able to vote for airstrikes when - quite clearly - none can have really known what they were voting for.  It was a vote to 'do something'.  Anything.

There should now be a massive political effort to coordinate an international opposition to Daesh on the ground in Syria.  Taking speculative pot shots from the sky will achieve nothing.
Absolutely. Especially this last bit
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 11:08:39 »

I must have missed all the classified intelligence and security briefs that ended up in the public domain
Well, last time the government made that kind of information public it was Blair's dodgy dossier, which turned out to be a complete crock. So not sure how that would help you. You don't need classified intelligence and security briefs to be concerned that entering into a conflict in that region without a solid end game will turn out exactly how it has done for the past 3 times we've done it. You just need to look at the last 3 times we've done it - Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya - and see how they turned out. Where we are now, basically.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: