Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sean Morrison  (Read 33000 times)
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 11:24:13 »

Some good competition for Paynter and Austin could be either Chris O'Grady, ...

Having a few mates who are Oldham fans, Chris O Grady is complete shite hence he has dropped a league and has found his level. Not a favourite at Oldham and I don;t think he will do a job here
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 11:32:44 »

Richard Brodie at York City is playing below his level and is scoring lots of goals.

He'd be able to make the step up.

Huddersfield are rumoured to have already bid £200k for him though.
dell boy

« Reply #212 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 11:34:41 »

Having a few mates who are Oldham fans, Chris O Grady is complete shite hence he has dropped a league and has found his level. Not a favourite at Oldham and I don;t think he will do a job here

So many players have turned their fortunes around with a move to new surroundings. Cox is an example, couldn't hit a bulls arse with a shovel with the limited chances he had for Reading.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 11:45:38 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/8435484.stm

Worth a cheeky punt? Think we missed out on him before.

It was the failure to land Mulgrew that did for Malpas...he clearly thought he had got him, but hadn't...panicked and signed Yinka.

I think it might be this to which Fitton alludes with his bit in today's Adver about some managers being able to attract players.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 11:51:14 »

So many players have turned their fortunes around with a move to new surroundings. Cox is an example, couldn't hit a bulls arse with a shovel with the limited chances he had for Reading.

So how come they have brought in Paul Heffernan from Doncaster and looking to secure his services until the end of the season?? Surely O'Grady should be called back if he is on form for Rochdale but Oldham know he's not good enough for League One.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 15:26:44 »

We need to sign Revell as back up for Paynter, if Billy gets injured then he's a good replacement.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 15:39:34 »

Not signing Revell and bringing in a forward who is half decent would be an signal of intent. Signing Revell, full time, however, wouldn't be.

The lad works hard, but lets be honest, he is awful.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 15:54:14 »

It wasn't that long ago (18 months) that quite a few people thought Paynter was a bit shit:

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,28852.0.html

Revell would be excellent cover for Paynter, if the price is right. Plus it will be difficult getting anyone decent with Austin and Paynter on fire at the moment as they know the chances of them getting a game are close to zero.

Maybe Wilson has something better lined up though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 15:57:54 »

It wasn't that long ago (18 months) that Paynter WAS a bit shit.

Think we need a pacey striker to offer something different.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 16:06:45 »

Not signing Revell and bringing in a forward who is half decent would be an signal of intent. Signing Revell, full time, however, wouldn't be.

The lad works hard, but lets be honest, he is awful.

Bit harsh. He wouldn't be my firs choice I have to say but I wouldn't say he is awful. Hutchinson is awful.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 16:08:19 »

It wasn't that long ago (18 months) that Paynter WAS a bit shit.

Think we need a pacey striker to offer something different.

Paynter has never been shit

The only person talking sense in that thread was, naturally me.

A Cox and Paynter partnership will get you goals. Paynter is better than Corr.

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 17:33:04 »

re. Charlie Mulgrew...

He's a very similar player to Alan Sheehan.

We'd be better off going for the latter; we've got enough pissheads in the squad as it is without adding another one.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #222 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 17:54:00 »

Hopefully this means we won't be signing Revell:-

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1811_5814255,00.html

On-loan Swindon striker Alex Revell says he does not know where his future lies but admits he would like to return to parent club Southend.

Seemingly out of Southend's plans, Revell was shipped off to League One rivals Swindon at the start of the season.

However, the 26-year-old's loan spell runs out this week and, although he has yet to discover his next destination, he admits he would be open to returning to Roots Hall.

"You can never say never but I really don't know what's going to happen," he told the Echo. "I still talk to a lot of people at the club and I love the boys there.

"I made so many friends during my time at Southend and not just on the playing side. There were loads of people who helped me through some difficult times during the first half of my contract and I would like to go back.

"But I really still don't understand what happened with me having to go out on loan and I don't know where I stand."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 18:03:36 »

I'm sure I'm not producing any earth shattering thoughts with this one but I dont think we ever wanted Revell at all did we? Southend need him off the wage budget and offered him about (FM style, send offer to clubs!) and we needed a striker so said we'll give it a go.

It hasnt worked out.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 18:06:39 »

I hope he stays..if Austen or Paynter or both get injured we have no other options...first choice no...cover yes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: