Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sean Morrison  (Read 32653 times)
dell boy

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 08:40:16 »

Morrison back after weekend game loan not extended.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 08:40:42 »

Morrison is back now anyway.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 08:49:54 »

I still have nasty feeling something has happened behind closed doors. We had no recognised centre back as cover yet he goes out on loan. Something just doesn't add up.

Young player goes out on loan to get games, unheard of!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 08:51:59 »

I still have nasty feeling something has happened behind closed doors. We had no recognised centre back as cover yet he goes out on loan. Something just doesn't add up.

Young player goes out on loan to get games, unheard of!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 09:46:40 »

Feck off dave, he was on the brink of the first team but we've greer and cuthbert doing well was never going to start. But had a place on the bench. We didn't have any decent cb cover.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 09:47:53 »

But had a place on the bench.

I think that's the entire point sippo.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 09:50:52 »

I understand that its not first team football, but the point I was trying to make was that there was no cover. What happened if Greer got injured in the first minute of a game?

Oh well, he's back for now so it doesn't matter.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
glos_robin

« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:01:44 »

In that case play Greer until he gets a yellow, then he'll get a rest anyway. Surely Aljofree must be available as cover ?
Can't see Aljofree ever playing for us again somehow. He's refused a few loan moves by all accounts which has annoyed the board and management and has been told by Wilson he doesn't have a job here. Apparently he's not a very nice bloke at all and is disliked by everyone at the club from office staff to playing staff and we're just trying to get shot so won't be suprised to see him gone permanently this month.
As for Morrison I'm sure he'll be back next week and luckily we haven't missed him whilst he's been away. If he was to leave though I sure we'd go out and get a new centre back as our management team aren't stupid. I don't think there's much to worry about tbh, I'm much more concerned about the championship clubs watching JPM.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:28:57 »

I understand that its not first team football, but the point I was trying to make was that there was no cover. What happened if Greer got injured in the first minute of a game?

Oh well, he's back for now so it doesn't matter.

LJF could cover at centre back. I think DW felt Morrison would benefit more from playing than bench warming.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:46:34 »

Feck off dave, he was on the brink of the first team but we've greer and cuthbert doing well was never going to start. But had a place on the bench. We didn't have any decent cb cover.

He wasn't getting games now he is. Easy as that

Greer, Cuthbert, JFL and Alojfree are all centre backs.

Plus if we were really really desperate I reckon Peacock could have filled in.

Timlin and Douglas have both played at full back before as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:07:11 »

Southend looking to extend the loan apparently:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southend_utd/8440991.stm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:15:54 »

Good old Aunty Beeb. Finger on the pulse.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:24:51 »

This was a calculated gamble by Wilson - if Greer and/or Cuthbert had got injured during that first month, yes we would have been up shit creek with only really LJF as cover. But he gambled that this wouldn't happen and got away with it - the result a win for everyone. An excellent young player gets valuable game time improving his fitness and comes back just in time to replace Greer when he gets suspended. It could have gone horribly wrong, but now it looks like a master stroke.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:37:24 »

This was a calculated gamble by Wilson - if Greer and/or Cuthbert had got injured during that first month, yes we would have been up shit creek with only really LJF as cover.

Surely there would have been an option to recall him early if needed.
Spencer_White

« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:41:56 »

Ive defended Greer to the hilt. But Im starting to wonder if he's going to need a rest soon? Looks tired some games.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: