Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43617 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:22:55 »

We're meant to be supporters...so let's fucking support...

Bang on.  Reminds me of the beer ad (Carling?) from a few years ago that asked: if fans had transfer values, what would you be worth?  The bed-wetting howls of the Wilson Out faction have had me cringing with embarrassment this week.  First poor run of form and they lose all composure/sense of perspective and panic.  Wouldn't want any of that lot next to me in the trenches, that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks the manager who took us to Wembley in May needs sacking 3 months in to the new season is a bona fide idiot...and probably needs to bull up on some recent STFC history.  We chopped & changed managers far too frequently in the early 2000s.  And it got us nowhere.  What's needed now is a calm head and a steady hand on the rudder.  Away you go, Danny.  Show us you can turn it around.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:26:47 »

Great post Ardiles. 100% agree.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:30:46 »

Yep any proper supporter would be going to Rochdale however we are playing Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:36:35 »

Bang on.  Reminds me of the beer ad (Carling?) from a few years ago that asked: if fans had transfer values, what would you be worth?  The bed-wetting howls of the Wilson Out faction have had me cringing with embarrassment this week.  First poor run of form and they lose all composure/sense of perspective and panic.  Wouldn't want any of that lot next to me in the trenches, that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks the manager who took us to Wembley in May needs sacking 3 months in to the new season is a bona fide idiot...and probably needs to bull up on some recent STFC history.  We chopped & changed managers far too frequently in the early 2000s.  And it got us nowhere.  What's needed now is a calm head and a steady hand on the rudder.  Away you go, Danny.  Show us you can turn it around.

I hope he does..........but i feel a bad defeat on Saturday could spell danger...and lets not forget that Fitton got shit loads of abuse for hanging on to Malpass to long...once bitten.
Spencer_White

« Reply #439 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:44:57 »

The ball retention last night was very poor.

We need to give the home fans more. If they have to start grinding out a goalless draw then thats what theyve got to do.

The squad has no balance, playing players like Cuthbert and McGovern out of position is just rediculous. Town need to be very active in january, buying and selling. We need to set ourselves new targets, try and get ourselves top half. The cup games are the big ones in the next few weeks.

Very sad, but I honestly think the Orient game needed to be our time to put down a marker. Weve never got going this season, spent far too long trying to put square pegs into round holes.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:50:03 by Spencer_White » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #440 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:45:54 »

I hope he does..........but i feel a bad defeat on Saturday could spell danger...and lets not forget that Fitton got shit loads of abuse for hanging on to Malpass to long...once bitten.

Malpas had no qualifications for the job in the first place so what happened 2 years ago should be totally irrelevant.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 20:55:38 »

The funny thing about last night is that despite us playing terribly and every player bar Austin, Prutton and Smith having a complete shocker we actually created more chances and the best chances. On another night we would have won 3-0.

Not that it excuses the performance. But it shows that Charlton, along with the rest of the division, aren't up to much either.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:16:17 »

The main issue is that we have lost the spine of the team(except Douglas) ala Paynter, Greer and Ward and not brought in adequate replacements. Lets look at who was brought in during the summer:

Rose- cannot defend to save his life- main strength is set pieces and free kicks
Dossevi- Cannot see him scoring 15-20 goals- hope i am wrong
Prutton- not sure what he brings to the table- signed just on reputation
Ball- Young and still learning
Ritchie- as above

Add to that players being played out of position- for example McGovern. Why move him from the right when he had the most assists in leaguie one last year. Pericard- total waste of a wage in my opinion. And what is it with Wilson signing midgits- against the towering defenders in this league just doesnt work.

Charlton also lost the spine of their team in the summer but have brought in like for like replacements- unlike ourselves and the difference was there for all to see last night.

In short- we need to find some players to fill the void left during the summer- as well as shipping a number out who simply are not good enough for a promotion push.

Wilson needs to turn this around and damn quick-still think he needs more time but the board i am sure will act should we still find ourselves in this position(or worse) at christmas.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:27:21 »

No shit sherlock
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:28:50 »

Totally agree Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:34:43 »

No shit sherlock

If its that obvious - and it is

Why have we done nothing about it, still.
girlyred

« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:37:28 »

So do SOME STFC SUPPORTERS only SUPPORT when the team is winning? Sad
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:43:52 »

Thats not what people are saying is it sean
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:49:06 »

i think there's a massive difference between being passionate (and albeit internet warrior style constructive) and then just not supporting the team. maybe you should prove yourself and criticise shit you bad weather supporter you!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Coca Fola

« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 22:36:55 »

So do SOME STFC SUPPORTERS only SUPPORT when the team is winning? Sad
Can we clear this up once and for all. Are you Sean Morrison?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: