Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 35810 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:46:04 »

nalis was the only player on the pitch last night who didn't look good enough. it's sad really, he was a quality player with decent pedigree and he looked like an old man next to chris allen.

Are you fucking insane? He tire towards the end, but was Nallis was solid, his passing was spot on and he won nearly every header.

Still, why let that get in the way of your predjudice, eh?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:47:00 »

I too thought Nalis had one of his better games last night? I still wanna cut off his greasy lank mane though

What was with all the litter on the pitch in the 2nd half?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:47:37 »

Batch, it's a centre parting, you of all people should know that!

Smug Fuck Off

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:49:30 »

I too thought Nalis had one of his better games last night? I still wanna cut off his greasy lank mane though

What was with all the litter on the pitch in the 2nd half?

Nothing new there as we are have been used to having a load of rubbish on the pitch!

When you're smiling.........
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:50:28 »

Are you fucking insane? He tire towards the end, but was Nallis was solid, his passing was spot on and he won nearly every header.

Nalis was terrible, if we had good centre mid's last night we would have won by 5-6.  The most encouraging thing was we had no one stamping there authority on the game in the centre of the park but still went into a comfortable lead.  Thankfully our wide players and strikers were creative enough to give us a big enough threat.

In response to your earlier comment regarding Greer should of been covering Ifil I disagree, if Jerel just did the simple things like Vincent and Greer do he would be better for it.  As that ball came to him when he fucked up he should of just put it in the stand but he tried to do a clever touch and he cost the team a goal.  FWIW I thought Ifil had a good game up to that point.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:52:12 »

Nalis was terrible, if we had good centre mid's last night we would have won by 5-6.  The most encouraging thing was we had no one stamping there authority on the game in the centre of the park but still went into a comfortable lead.  Thankfully our wide players and strikers were creative enough to give us a big enough threat.

In response to your earlier comment regarding Greer should of been covering Ifil I disagree, if Jerel just did the simple things like Vincent and Greer do he would be better for it.  As that ball came to him when he fucked up he should of just put it in the stand but he tried to do a clever touch and he cost the team a goal.  FWIW I thought Ifil had a good game up to that point.

I just thought Nalis was ok but faded badly at the end.

townenda is right...Ifil just needed to hit row z when that ball came to him.

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:54:30 »

Nalis did ok, put in some good tackles, and was always an outlet, saying that, on his movement his brain works faster than his legs. good ball for Cox's goal also, which we wouldn't have had with Peacock or pook in the middle, so even a slow nalis is better than those two i'm afraid.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:55:23 »

Nalis did ok, put in some good tackles, and was always an outlet, saying that, on his movement his brain works faster than his legs. good ball for Cox's goal also, which we wouldn't have had with Peacock or pook in the middle, so even a slow nalis is better than those two i'm afraid.

Nalis is an anogram of snail.

When you're smiling.........
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:56:30 »

I'd forgotten that watching Swindon win makes me happy.   Cheesy

25th October was the last time I saw us win  Angry
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:57:21 »

didnt someone say Nails was quitting soon anyway? or was that all lies?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 09:59:10 »

prejudice? i've always rated him.

i thought the game passed him by for most of the time. early on he got stuck on but he faded quickly.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:02:14 »

Haven't trawled through everything as didnt get back until late. But was anyone else sat up town end of Arkells where the stewards were getting stroppy at about 15-20 people stood up at the back? I saw one rather sturdy guy who appeared to be frothing at the mouth being ejected which was surreal, but wondered if there was any background to it?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:13:46 »

I'd forgotten that watching Swindon win makes me happy.   Cheesy

25th October was the last time I saw us win  Angry

Last season for me you lucky begger!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 10:23:15 »

I'm with Sonic Youth on this one... Nalis did the easy things well, but never took command and as soon as Walsall stepped it up a notch he lost complete control of the game.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:03:22 »

In summary, we were good in the first half (not brilliant, but good) and poor in the second half. The players look to have a bit more fight about them and a bit more confidence.

I thought Brez was poor compared to his last few games, but it probably didn't help that he had an unfamiliar back four in front of him. It was so good to have Vincent back in the team, a good steady-eddie who talked through the whole time he was on the pitch. I thought Greer was excellent and will prove a good signing. The main thing I like about him is that he'll stick his head in where it hurts. I think he's a similar player to Aljofree but braver and has a bit more technical ability.

Robson-Kanu was fucking brilliant first half but faded badly. Walsall's right back constantly stood off him and he basically just took the piss.

I thought central midfield was better than it had been, but still nowhere near good enough. Nalis was two yards off the pace all night and Allen was just a bit too lightweight for my liking. Between the two of them they just didn't get their foot on the ball enough and we spent most of the night just going long ball into the channels. We desperately need a commanding central midfielder who pick a telling pass when we're in posession but also just get a foot on the ball and keep it calm when we're under pressure.

And lastly, it's nice to see Zaaboub is still the same old petulent wanker, but now instead of cheering him for it we can boo him and call him a cunt instead.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: