Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 35555 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 21:11:31 »

well that does look pretty fucking good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 21:53:42 »

Looked a cracker last night, but even better than i thought, if that isn't in the league one goal of the season frame i would be astounded
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 21:54:12 »

Definitely the best goal ever scored at the County Ground. For Swindon, at least.

Well done Coxy.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 21:58:14 »

It's up there, not sure about the best, I'd still go for Stroud, or Charlie Henry's volley against the pikeys, but that might be due to the context of the games.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 22:02:15 »

Definitely the best goal ever scored at the County Ground. For Swindon, at least.

Well done Coxy.

No chance!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 22:04:45 »

My favourite was Fjortofts curler v Millwall in the lge cup...but it was a cracker last night.
ST_INC

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 22:28:56 »

Kenny stroud goal.

Andy king playing for Everton.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 22:45:54 »

Having just watched that, Kenny Stroud's goal is miles better. Not knocking Coxy's last night, but nowhere near as good.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 22:47:35 »

Well done Coxy.

Don Rogers scored quite a few unbelievable goals, and made teams like Liverpool look like donkeys.  MoTD goal of the the season used to be laughable, for example after seeing Rogers receive the ball rolled out by Downsborough and then setting off and dribbling it past every opposition player in his way including the opposition goal keeper to tap the ball in the net, with the whole place going nuts before he even got to the penalty area.  

I have never seen a crowd respond like they used to when Rogers got possession, it was like an million volt electric charge running through the ground.  

I was at the Everton game when Stroud scored that great goal, it's a pity that very few of Don Roger's goals are on video.  The Town played great for the replay at Goodison, unlucky to lose 2:1.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 22:53:39 »

bloody hell look at the pitch!

On another note, good goal by Cox and still we havent even got a bloody song for him.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 23:01:52 »

Maybe Reg can help with this, is that pitch a result of us whacking on tonnes of sand to get a game on that season because of frost? my dad was telling me about a game vs QPR which they tried to get abandoned because it was compacted before the game and their boots wouldn't take.  Our guys had been prepped and wore basketball boots, or something like that.  The good old days eh!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 23:26:19 »

stroud's goal was immense, but think cox wins it for his first touch alone... certianly best goal in my lifetime at the CG.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 23:46:52 »

The goal is on virgin media now.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/League1/VideoIndex/0,,12555,00.html

Also DW want us to play like arsenal according to an article in the wdp.  That'd be nice.

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 01:44:59 »

just watched the highlights. I'm sure some people in this thread have given Greer credit with setting up Simon Cox goal when its actually Nalis.

Assists from Greer, Nalis and Ifil!!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 02:42:19 »

Maybe Reg can help with this, is that pitch a result of us whacking on tonnes of sand to get a game on that season because of frost? my dad was telling me about a game vs QPR which they tried to get abandoned because it was compacted before the game and their boots wouldn't take.  Our guys had been prepped and wore basketball boots, or something like that.  The good old days eh!

Swindon vs. Arsenal, F.A. Cup Tie, 1970, Record Attendance 34,000

A national newspaper described the pitch as "sewage".  

Incidentally, the conditions didn't bother Alan ball, who may have been making his debut for Arsenal.

They dumped a lot of sand on that pitch in the seventies.  The pitch used to be longer and wider.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: