Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Walsall Matchday Thread  (Read 35576 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:16:38 »

Agree with all that SG. I actually thought in the second half Zabooub played very well...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:18:44 »

I thought Nalis did well for about 60 minutes before losing his legs.

Robson Kanu showed McNamee exactly how to play the wide role.  He didn't seem to have as much of a problem of getting involved, and when he did it was mostly simple direct running only using tricks when needed.  Seemed to tire a little at the end but that's not a worry if he gets a few games I would guess.

Liked Greer, it's a shame he has to put up with Ifil next to him who I continue to maintain has showed he will never live up to his potential.  It's a shame, but his inability to concentrate and grow a footballing brain causes us problems.  Better to have a consistent if not brilliant defender than one who looks like a beast for 88 minutes but continually defies the laws of logic with the other couple of minutes.

Brezovan tried his best to cause problems as well.  I'm worried about him now, thought it was just a case of getting a few games on the bounce that was needed but he seems to have a bunjee rope which keeps pulling him back in whenever he starts to move out to the ball.  The new defence is not excuse for his complete indecision at every cross.  He has the size and should be able to make a decision to come or stay.  If he comes, he keeps coming and clears everyone out, simple.

Overall, good game to watch.  Shame Vincent had to go off, but can fully appreciate why it was needed.  While Timlin had a shocker, it was straight though Ifil's channel where the problems occured.

Greer and Vincent don't half talk well in a game as well.  So much better to see, and given lack of atmosphere these days, hear!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:19:59 »

I didn't see any improvement in the defence, it was exactly the same type of performance that has cost us repeatedly this season - solid and capable until they go crazy, lose the plot and lose the game.

Vincent was ok, but it was far from the best performance at left back I've seen this season. Yet another major mistake from Ifil, hopefully he has now run out of second chances and gets dropped. Greer was ok but made far too many mistakes, but I think you can put this down to a lack of matches and there will be an improvement. Amankwaah had a good game, at least I can't remember him fucking up as much as the other three.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:38:11 »

No improvement to the defence?  I think you'll be on your own there pal

I thought we looked solid until Ifill's bollock dropping moment, I didnt feel like we were going to concede every time the opposition attacked or had a set piece which i have done for most of this season.
Danjackson10

« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:38:47 »

Defence looked decent until timlin came on! Greer looked proper solid all game with plenty of talking. Vincent and Amanankwa looked very good at full back! I thought Nalis did well but tired towards the end and chis allen looked a little inexperienced at times but he battled well! Kanu did a classic wingers job by keeping it simple nothing too fancy with jp on the other wing working hard but no getting foward enough for me! Paynter won lots of balls which was nice to see and coxy goal showed us his value-a class act! Brez looked very nervous and for me his communication is very poor!

All in all a decent game to watch and it was a much better performance and enough for me to think we wont be relegated.
Danjackson10

« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:40:32 »

Liked the Muffs aswell JFW! Smiley
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:44:26 »

how come everyone saw my muffs??? I feel popular! I did see quite alot of other girls with Ear muffs too!! including one hurrendously fat thing so Im hoping people dont think Im her?Huh?
Danjackson10

« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:47:11 »

Well it was weird because i saw you with fred by the drinks stand under the tv and you looked right at me but it was one of those weird 'i kinda know the face moments'!
REDBUCK

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:51:17 »

i saw no muffs are they nice Crying
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:53:33 »

he he, that emans Dan has been checking you out on stalkbook. Cheesy

I think our defence looked very good considering Greer hadn;t played for a while or probably even got to know his team-mates, it was only down to Ifil's mistake that we had to endure a nervouis finish, and he doesn;t need to be told it was a shocker. I still think Ifil and Greer is the way forward, with vincent and amankwaah or smith alongisde them.

Thought criticism of allen a bit unfair. Bit leightweight yes, but he did ok. Nalis just looked old and knackered.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 11:55:57 »

anybody got a link for this goal?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:06:19 »

sky sports news not shoing it, sadly.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:35:21 »

Well it was weird because i saw you with fred by the drinks stand under the tv and you looked right at me but it was one of those weird 'i kinda know the face moments'!

Rah Ha that was me!! I was stressing due to lack of milk available!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:49:11 »

No improvement to the defence?  I think you'll be on your own there pal

I thought we looked solid until Ifill's bollock dropping moment, I didnt feel like we were going to concede every time the opposition attacked or had a set piece which i have done for most of this season.

As I said in my post, they looked solid and then lost the plot which is exactly what they've done in plenty of other games. In that regard I don't think there has been any improvement. Walsall weren't a threat until we gifted them a goal and then collapsed, letting them back in to the game. Again, the same thing has happened in plenty of other games so again, no improvement.

Our defence has been pretty decent all season, except for the stupid mistakes which cost us dearly. Its not like they're a complete crock of shit for entire games, they just keep making mistakes they shouldn't be making.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, January 28, 2009, 12:51:45 »

I thought that Allen's movement made thing easier for much else. People seem to get fixated on midfield bite without seeing the other side. With Allen making space cleverly we moved the ball more swiftly and effectively. We kept the ball, we worked the angles, we actually played some triangles - like a proper football team and everything. Like Stockport were.

He also made one superb run between JP and Amnakwaaaaah which pulled the midfielder right in and promised to create a great opening or a great pass. Yes he faded but Wilson clearly sees that he as a football brain and can follow instructions - and perhaps Pook and the rest can't.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: