Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 1172 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9077567 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17520 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:27:47 »

The story on thisis, has Gruffalo, Turnball, Swift and Stephens, poss getting a call up from England U 20....managed by Hoofroyd....if anything explains why we're shit at football it's right there.....scandalous
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17521 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:30:27 »

The other Sam really isn't keen on this move at all is he.

I think a great signing that makes total sense.  I suspect it's just a one off and doesn't mean a change in transfer strategy in the slightest.
kerry red

« Reply #17522 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:37:32 »

He's here for 9 games only - plus POs if needed
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #17523 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:45:14 »

The other Sam really isn't keen on this move at all is he.

I think a great signing that makes total sense.  I suspect it's just a one off and doesn't mean a change in transfer strategy in the slightest.
Not 'not keen'. Just interested to see change in recruitment policy - which I feel it is, and that's based on conversations with people at the club over 18 months, not just the signings they've made. Think it shows belief at club that they can get promoted. Don't think it'd be a signing considered if they were 6th or 7th and looking for last play-off place, say.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #17524 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:48:54 »

Not 'not keen'. Just interested to see change in recruitment policy - which I feel it is, and that's based on conversations with people at the club over 18 months, not just the signings they've made. Think it shows belief at club that they can get promoted. Don't think it'd be a signing considered if they were 6th or 7th and looking for last play-off place, say.

As long as we think it's a positive move angling for an automatic spot, then I'm all up for it. Not sure how a 33 year old is going to settle into our squad at this point of the season though. Hopefully he's had some experience in playing out from the back...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Flashheart

« Reply #17525 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:53:58 »

Is he any good?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17526 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:55:53 »

As long as we're not doing anything too daft financially, I'm all for it. I know it's 'just' Sam Ricketts but the symbolism of the move says a lot more.

The manner of our last win plus the willingness to bring people in to assist the promotion push, whatever the age, indicates that Town aren't operating under a wishy washy 'oh hey we'll keeping going but let's just see what happens' ideology.

It's clear that Power and Cooper want promotion and want promotion now, which is so refreshing and makes me want to support this side more. Whatever happens this season, I will be forever satisfied that this management and squad did their best to get out of this division.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #17527 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:57:17 »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/sep/25/sam-ricketts-bolton-wanderers

according to the Grauniad his grandfather Norman played for Swindon. Apparently as an amateur.

" But as Aylesbury-born Ricketts never showed any inclination to follow his family’s love of horses, it was left to his grandad Norman to ensure he became a success at football........
And Ricketts puts it all down to the coaching of his grandad, a former amateur with Swindon Town.
“I was naturally right-footed but every time I went to see my grandad as a kid, he used to coach me – he still tells me what I’ve done, good and bad,” he said.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
kerry red

« Reply #17528 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:57:54 »

Is he any good?

Played most of Hull's games in the PL. Integral part of Wolves promotion side last season.

IMO exactly what we need
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #17529 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 11:58:50 »

As long as we're not doing anything too daft financially, I'm all for it. I know it's 'just' Sam Ricketts but the symbolism of the move says a lot more.

The manner of our last win plus the willingness to bring people in to assist the promotion push, whatever the age, indicates that Town aren't operating under a wishy washy 'oh hey we'll keeping going but let's just see what happens' ideology.

It's clear that Power and Cooper want promotion and want promotion now, which is so refreshing and makes me want to support this side more.
And that's what I'm getting at more than anything. In essence it's one, short-term transfer but I think it represents more than that.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #17530 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 12:00:18 »

Wore the yellow, so pass.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17531 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 12:35:56 »

And that's what I'm getting at more than anything. In essence it's one, short-term transfer but I think it represents more than that.

Sam you probably know the answer to this but which of our squad are close to a suspension if they pick up one of more yellow cards (given our defenders always seem to be getting booked!)

I firmly believe that this is the reason we are looking to bring in an extra head and why not an experienced player who has been in a similar league 1 promotion chase before with Wolves.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #17532 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 12:38:40 »

Sam you probably know the answer to this but which of our squad are close to a suspension if they pick up one of more yellow cards (given our defenders always seem to be getting booked!)

I firmly believe that this is the reason we are looking to bring in an extra head and why not an experienced player who has been in a similar league 1 promotion chase before with Wolves.
Thompson, Kasim, Branco one away. Turnbull two. I'm not against the signing, it's just interesting for me that it's a change of tact. They've been so adamant in doing it their way til now.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #17533 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 12:40:51 »

Isn't this just a 'horses for courses' one off though? Getting up to the Championship would earn us a lot more than Ricketts will set us back in wages.

Next season, regardless of what division we are in, it will be back to bring in kids on the cheap surely?

« Last Edit: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 13:09:53 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17534 on: Thursday, March 19, 2015, 12:41:19 »

Thanks Sam.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 1166 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 1172 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: