Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crewe - Official Match day Thread  (Read 41753 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #345 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 12:16:02 »

Any review of the game has to start with Aden Flint. The bloke is at a critical stage in his Town career, and he absolutely grasped his chance with both hands yesterday. Immense. He bailed out Devera, twice and Caddis with tackles of 100% commitment, and never looked like being beaten in the air at any stage. Ive been critical of P Smith, but he also had a great game yesterday. Other positives, Kennedy played well, Timlin did well considering he was out of position, our right side of Ritchie and Caddis was very strong (as it should be, 2 players who should be playing a higher level).

I like J Smith, he's a young player and we need to support his development. Risser scored a great goal, but he was behind the play too much. I think Di Canio should give him another chance at City, but if not then McCormack should come in for Cheltenham. I would say De Vita and Bodin are too simmilar to play together, we need more bite, and I thought Bodin actually looked the better player yesterday.

It was a nervy start, and we were dead lucky first half, so although the scoreline says otherwise, we need a massive improvement to keep winning games. Have to say that Crewe did give up in the second half and if I was one of their fans I would be dissapointed, because they did let their heads drop very badly.

Brilliant goal from Risser, right behind it. Great.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 12:23:28 »

Having seen the Reading game and yesterday's I'd say Flint is absolutely undroppable.

Everyone has already said he won everything in the air, which of course he should, but it was his actual heading that really impressed me in that he was heading balls right into the centre all game long in many situations where nearly all of our previous defenders would have been finding touch.  Impeccable
stfc1969

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 12:50:57 »

Sat by my blackberry in corfu......

Re....fucking...jice!!

First win since wendies in december at home...

I'm back for chelts and the px and I cannot wait....I bet the relief and euphoria was over flwing at the final whistle!!

i was in Corfu a couple of weeks ago , where did you stay ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 13:12:22 »

Phil Smith deserves to keep his place on that showing. It's all very well getting in a new keeper with the aim of making him your number one, but he should earn it, not be handed it.

Smiffy should have the jersey until he no longer deserves it.

I agree, which is something Wilson never did - as soon as Lucas was fit he went back in regardless.

Hell, Smith had the game of his life at the Valley and then got dropped for Wembley, piss poor management and an inexcusable decision.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 15:07:50 »

But as it stands now i'm quite happy Lucas was in goal, neither of them would have kept out their goal and there would be the Smith haters on here who would probably be convinced we'd be in the Championship now if it wasn't for Smith.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 16:18:25 »

I heard a few people singing about somebody being dead and shouting DEAD and what not after.. What is the song..?

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Muffin Man

« Reply #351 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 16:41:34 »

I heard a few people singing about somebody being dead and shouting DEAD and what not after.. What is the song..?

The Martin Aldridge song?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 17:51:19 »

But as it stands now i'm quite happy Lucas was in goal, neither of them would have kept out their goal and there would be the Smith haters on here who would probably be convinced we'd be in the Championship now if it wasn't for Smith.

Their goal came from a corner Lucas punched downwards.

Smith, in goal who knows...

Doesnt matter, just I've always believed you play well and you keep the shirt.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 18:33:42 »

Judging by the highlights, it would suggest that the team have quite a bit of work to do as a defensive unit but look pretty comfortable going forward - is that a fair assessment?

Timlin looked as though he created a few chances with crosses from the left and Kennedy's penalty was impressive given his relative lack of experience.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 18:44:45 »

Judging by the highlights, it would suggest that the team have quite a bit of work to do as a defensive unit but look pretty comfortable going forward - is that a fair assessment?

Timlin looked as though he created a few chances with crosses from the left and Kennedy's penalty was impressive given his relative lack of experience.

Devera was like a rabbit in headlights first half, but improved as the game went on. Caddis is always likely to let wingers get round him. The 2 central midfielders were getting in each others way to start with, and were a bit off the pace - they will either get better or get dropped.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:01:44 »

The Martin Aldridge song?

Yeah, what is it?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #356 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:04:58 »

Yeah, what is it?

The one which starts 'Who's that wrapped around a lamppost'.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:05:52 »

Yeah, what is it?

It's a song about a player who died in a car crash. I presume that's now enough information?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:08:03 »

Yep, just had a little look around the interweb and found it, haven't heard that sung when I've been there before but its defiantly what i heard yesterday. Sick as fuck to be fair.

jb

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 19:09:29 »

What area of the town end were singing it? Seems to be some right tossers to the right of the goal.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: