Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crewe - Official Match day Thread  (Read 41929 times)
jb

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:01:49 »

You watched a different game to me fella as I though he did alright overall under the circumstances. As someone said after, there was a lot more pace and a lot less time at this level, but thought the players clearly all respect Risser and he seems to control the team well?

Not convinced at all. He was shit, his positioning was shit, running off the ball was terrible. Timlin had to keep telling him to push up. Passing was rubbish too.

We played so much better when we had Macormack and Ferry in the middle.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:01:56 »

Missed all the pre-season games so i was really excited to see the new lads in action today.  After start brightly for a few minutes Crewe took control and we were just completely overrun especially in midfield.  I'd read a lot of stuff on the boards about how well the players looked in pre-season but other that Smith (P) & Flinty none of them stood out for me.
It's fair to say you could have compared us to incontinence pants the 1st half, shit at the back & piss up front.  

Then came the penalty not sure if it was one because it ws right down the other end but once we scored we started to come back into the game.

2nd Half we took control and started to take the piss out of Crewe tbh so i'm putting 1st half performance down to nerves.

Overall good team performance but Flinty & Smith (P) were the stand out players.  I loved watching Di Canio he is so animated on the touchline it can be hard to concentrate on the football  Cheesy

Also thought McCormack was good when he came on and loved the way he just shoulder barged the Crewe player off the ball.  Though Connell looked alright too when he came on.

Glad Risser scored hopefully he'll be less nervous next game.  Todays performance was a huge boost for the team but they must not get complacement.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:02:47 »

I enjoyed that, well after the penalty anyway.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
fish head

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:03:06 »

We were very lucky not to concede a few goals in the first half, fair play to Phil Smith, looked like he took a wack when blocking one chance. Flint got in the way of everything in the first half! Deserves his place for now.

What a nice change to see a 3-0 home win, been a while. Good atmosphere at times in the second half.
Perfect start to the season although massive improvement needed before that NEXT home match.

Also liked the new sized programme.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:06:58 »

Not convinced at all. He was shit, his positioning was shit, running off the ball was terrible. Timlin had to keep telling him to push up. Passing was rubbish too.

We played so much better when we had Macormack and Ferry in the middle.

Disagree about your opinions on Risser ok he didn't have the best of 1st halfs but neither did the rest of the team tbh.  2nd half a lot better from him & Smith (J). McCormack did well when he came on
jb

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:12:38 »

Disagree about your opinions on Risser ok he didn't have the best of 1st halfs but neither did the rest of the team tbh.  2nd half a lot better from him & Smith (J). McCormack did well when he came on

Maybe I was being a tad harsh. Too early to write him off I guess.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #261 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:15:15 »

Bad first 40, great last 50. Overall, I love football again and I've got a massive grin on my chops. I'll get on to the individual performances but we've got a team at last who are fit. We've also got a manager who sorted out the obviuos problem that the two centre midfielders were playing far too deep and pushed them up at half time and it worked a treat.
As for the players, Smith looked very confident - I'm not a fan but did nothing wrong today. Caddis was a mixed bag. Kennedy did alright but I though Timlin gave him little or no support. Devera had a shocker of a first half and how the fuck Crewe didn't capitalise is beyond me. he got better after the break and hopefully its debut nerves. As others have said Flint was MOM by a country mile a beast in the air and not too shabby on the deck. Timlin gave the ball away cheaply in the 1st but was good in the 2nd. How the fuck did J Smith not get booked - played the man better than the ball, got stuck in but it wasn't really going for him today. Ritchie was Ok and gets up well for a little guy. Risser - now this is interesting. Scored a peach of a goal and earned a silly yellow but didn't do much else......but he was organising the others and when Kennedy was slotting home the penatly he was over with di Canio taking his instructions. DeVita looked pretty good in parts and works his sicks off. As for Bodin, he ran his slabs off as well. Harried the defender for the penatly and had a bloody good game today. I was surprised he played ahead of Connell but this decision was more thna justified. Connell looked lively when he came on and I'm pretty sure he will make and score plenty this season. Ferry looked Ok but should have done better with the late chance. McCormack i really liked - put his foot through a couple of their players and I thought our midfield looked better with him in it.
We got the bit of luck when we needed it and that steadied us and we got better and better. Nice chant to Phillips in the Crewe goal and over 8k is a bloody good attendance.
I'll enjoy my beer tonight.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:23:46 »

The fitness levels were pleasing, I know its easy to look dynamic and ooze energy when you're 3 up but we we're still chasing and closing down right up to the final whistle.

I hope Risser does kick on from here, he showed some good touchs, but overall (goal apart) he was disappointing. He admitted it himself during the post-match interview. I think a lot of players looked nervous, Devera especially.

Special word for one player I've never really rated - Timlin, really good shift today, plenty of graft and good movement all round. He looked like he's lost a few pounds and was really athletic, pleased for him.

I won't shout this out, as I've been pretty harsh on the guy but I'll grudgingly admit that Phil Smith looked very good as well, claimed a few good crosses and stood tall when needed..... oooh it hurts to say this, but I don't think he deserves to be dropped now.... Agggggghhhhh 
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:25:43 »

On the BBC site, we had 2 shots on target...and scored 3. Explain.

Hopefully SSN are going to reshow the PdC after match interview when he thanks everyone and dedicates the match win to his father, in a few minutes.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:33:30 »

Hopefully SSN are going to reshow the PdC after match interview when he thanks everyone and dedicates the match win to his father, in a few minutes.

penalties do not count as shots on goal
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:34:21 »

penalties do not count as shots on goal

Neither does Connell's shot either apparently.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:38:39 »

Also hope FLS show Di Canio's knee-slide celebration for the second goal!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:53:13 »

It's Matchday proper now! (None of this posting on a Matchday thread then going to bed for me).

The CG will be a fortress this season, not many teams will score here and Crewe won't be one of them.

3-0.

I wasn't very confident of this prediction in the first half! Not going to slag any player off: it's a step up for some of them, a big crowd for some (Which must play on your nerves first time) but the main reason is that we won 3-0 and everyone played a part (Whatever degree).

Nice to see the Townend nearly full and louder than at any game last season.

It's All Good..............
stfcinbmth

« Reply #268 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 18:53:30 »

You know the other three leagues don't matter so who gives a fuck whether they get their facts right
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 19:13:31 »

Sat by my blackberry in corfu......

Re....fucking...jice!!

First win since wendies in december at home...

I'm back for chelts and the px and I cannot wait....I bet the relief and euphoria was over flwing at the final whistle!!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: