Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Crewe - Official Match day Thread  (Read 41939 times)
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 22:25:54 »

Seriously?? He was so slow. I despise a lack of pace. Connell looked twice as sharp when he came on ( guess its easy when you are 3 up)

Rigobert Song La la la
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 22:27:35 »

Oh yeah... What happened to the 30-40 crosses?

Rigobert Song La la la
Onion_Jimbo

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 22:33:41 »

Am i too negative?

Rigobert Song La la la
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 22:42:03 »

A bit, but it's all about opinions Oj. Maybe we would all of like to see 90 mins of what we got in the second half but happy with the 3points and a clean sheet all the same.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 22:59:24 »

I'm not Timlins biggest fan, never have been, but i cant see how people can slag him off for todays performance. Thought he did a great job out on the wing, put some great crosses in and made some damn good passes, don't recall him giving posession away once either. As for Kennedey, the lad had a cracking game considering the lack of first team football he's had lately, made some great runs and put in some good crosses.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 23:01:42 »

Timlin kept shouting over to the DRS for someones drink the cheeky scamp  Smug Fuck Off
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #321 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 23:03:00 »

He got it aswell.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 23:03:56 »

He got it aswell.
not mine  Cheesy
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 23:04:48 »

Thats how they're getting round Di canios pub ban then!

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 23:06:14 »

Thats how they're getting round Di canios pub ban then!
there wasnt even any bottles around the pitch to have a drink, timlin bottled it then   Wink
kaufman

« Reply #325 on: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 23:30:09 »

I felt by the end of the game we had a better 11 players on the pitch than at the start.
That's a good sign
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 07:45:11 »

You lot have pretty much covered it all.

We were very luck not to be 3-0 down at HT. I'm going to put the first half down to nerves, as second half we were ace, I really enjoyed watching it second half, Flint was an absolute mountain, he is going to be awesome this year, reckon he will score a few goals aswell.

The most positive thing for me was the strength in depth, we had players coming off the bench that were improving the sqaud, I thought Connell looked very good when he came on.

Overall, a good performance to build on, bring on City!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 08:16:02 »

Interesting to read the opinions of Kennedy & Timlin.

A lot of our problems the first half did seem to stem from that side, but in fairness both of them were (like most of the team) much better in the second half.

Thought that Connell was much the sharpest of the strikers in the box, although the other two worked very hard neither looked like scoring.

And I know there is an almighty love in with Ferry, but to say he was an improvement when he came on is laughable. I know he only had a few mins, but other than miss a very good chance I can't recall him getting that involved tbf.  That said, I thought McCormack did very well when he came on.

I'm not (and probably never will be) Phil Smiths biggest fan, but credit where its due him was vert good yesterday, particularly with crosses which has tended to be his weakness in the past. He did get a bit of a groan from a few in the DRS in the first half once when he was slow to release the ball, but to be fair I thought that side of his game was good as well.
Dozno9

« Reply #328 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 08:28:15 »

He did get a bit of a groan from a few in the DRS in the first half once when he was slow to release the ball, but to be fair I thought that side of his game was good as well.

I bet the poor sod still gets flashbacks though from the last quick throw out he did.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 08:28:18 »

He will not fail nor falter, he shall succeed
His perception is altered he does believe
Flint is so strong now nothing shall bar his way
From conviction, no fiction this is his day

Flint's a man, man, man, man mountain
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 27   Go Up