Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 51166 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #225 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 18:32:27 »

There is a particular one on the facebook group that really grates me!

Let me guess, that Christian tool?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 18:33:16 »

Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #227 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 18:34:52 »

He's a right fucking plumb.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 18:38:42 »

Those putting forward the allegations about Power have a tendency to put forward 'arguments' packed with logical fallacies, and logical fallacies do nothing to address the questions about said allegations.

Notably: Circular reasoning fallacy (The figures show he's taking the money because the figures show he's taking the money), ad-hom fallacy (You're not a passionate fan anyway), personal incredulity fallacy (I don't understand so it's wrong), begging the question fallacy (so what will you do when we're bust?) and the good old Strawman fallacy (So you think he's wonderful then!)

All we're asking for is a reason to actually believe that their hypothesis are correct, instead we tend to get offered a selection from the above. Then, of course, they get agitated at us for not accepting their hypothesis even though they've not given us any valid reason to do so.

I'm not in any particular group when it comes to Power but in all fairness to those who have serious doubts about him it's always going to be very difficult to prove that their concerns were correct until it is too late as is often the case with such situations. The very way in which he operates, with limited information, means that people are naturally going to ask questions & rightly so.
For what it's worth I'm very much 50/50 on him as things stand, my opinion based on the little info I know of.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:13:51 »

Those putting forward the allegations about Power have a tendency to put forward 'arguments' packed with logical fallacies, and logical fallacies do nothing to address the questions about said allegations.

Notably: Circular reasoning fallacy (The figures show he's taking the money because the figures show he's taking the money), ad-hom fallacy (You're not a passionate fan anyway), personal incredulity fallacy (I don't understand so it's wrong), begging the question fallacy (so what will you do when we're bust?), appeal to authority fallacy (I've been a season ticket holder for years) and the good old Strawman fallacy (So you think he's wonderful then!)

All we're asking for is a reason to actually believe that their hypothesis are correct, instead we tend to get offered a selection from the above. Then, of course, they get agitated at us for not accepting their hypothesis even though they've not given us any valid reason to do so.

Were you the guy alleging that Power had spent more on transfer fees than Andrew Black did?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:16:49 »

Surely the 1950's as an entire decade could easily rank as worse than this season (one season apart in 1957/58).  The early 80's was pretty terrible as well and several seasons in recent memory.  If it's boardroom strife we rank this on, then again, 70's to 80's would be up there, as would about 1997-2007.  No, this season is merely a rank mediocre one on any measure, as it stands.

It's quite difficult to get a complete feel for the 50's, relative to today....I was quite young so saw things through a kid's eyes, with a bit of help from my father and grandfathers.

We weren't very good, but you could still get a crowd of 20,000+ for a game v Rovers.  Players didn't earn much more than the fans maybe less in some cases and families were having to put up with post war austerity, which was proper austerity, not Gideon's garbage. 

So I think football was still the Saturday afternoon escape, and the club and players although not achieving much were still well regarded in the community.

A bit of a cup run would generate some interest and a good pay day home to Stoke in 1952....28,140 at the CG. Home to Posh 1955...who were non-league at the time 23,983 at the CG.  Home to Worksop Town 1956...16,060  and not too far out, home to Bath City 1960,  19,369 at the CG.
Flashheart

« Reply #231 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:18:52 »

Were you the guy alleging that Power had spent more on transfer fees than Andrew Black did?

Yeah.

I've worked it out before, not doing it again though. Disregard it if you like, it has no bearing on whether or not Power is fleecing us anyway.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:26:26 »

Yeah.

I've worked it out before, not doing it again though. Disregard it if you like, it has no bearing on whether or not Power is fleecing us anyway.

I'd be interested in seeing your workings, seeing as we're talking about proving a statement :-)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:33:15 »

Black must have spent a fair bit cos we got hit with a transfer embargo for overspending.
Flashheart

« Reply #234 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:33:20 »

I can't be bothered to do it again. I think I was right, but I may have been wrong. Who cares, it's irrelevant to the discussion. See, I've just accepted I might have been wrong, I have no burden of proof. If I were under formal debate conditions then I would have been more precise in my wording to make it clear it was my opinion but, hey ho, this is the TEF.

Is this the bit where I'm supposed to get agitated that you wont believe me?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:39:20 »

Calm down Christian Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #236 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:43:43 »

Calm down Christian Wink

I keep on meaning to troll the fuck out of that tool and others on there, there's so much trolling to be had. Remember that time I made a remark about 'Power's fault' and he totally missed the sarcasm?
Flashheart

« Reply #237 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 19:49:46 »

Actually, I screen-shotted it, Tans:

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 20:21:19 »

Ah Christian Kostiuk aka Superkoz the tool that will happily slag you off and throw abuse at you but as soon as you challenge him he gets all defensive and throws a hissy fit with the old I've been X many years line. I'm surprised Power hasn't got someone to call him out and threaten him with legal action as he doesn't half throw out some unsubstantiated allegations. Obviously 90% of what he calls info has probably come from Clare Scarth when he was banging her. I'm sure she really knew the inner workings of the club....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, April 18, 2016, 21:41:11 »

Notably: Circular reasoning fallacy (The figures show he's taking the money because the figures show he's taking the money), ad-hom fallacy (You're not a passionate fan anyway), personal incredulity fallacy (I don't understand so it's wrong), begging the question fallacy (so what will you do when we're bust?), appeal to authority fallacy (I've been a season ticket holder for years) and the good old Strawman fallacy (So you think he's wonderful then!)

Fucking happy clapper....
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: