Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Bury: Match Day Thread  (Read 50409 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 08:07:14 »

It's 9:05 on the morning of a match day and no-one has written a match day thread yet? - shows the apathy of people towards the rest of the season.
I actually have a pretty good record opening these, and that with the fact we've got a new GK and 3 of our best players returning makes me think we'll get a 2-0 win today. COYR
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 08:13:09 »

Lose 0-1, cry baby to score
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 08:19:23 »

2-1 Swindon

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 09:00:15 »

Not going to predict how we do today until I see what team we put out.

Working today so can't make the game so we're bound to win comfortably.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 09:32:13 »

I noticed that there was no thread 9ish. Didn't want to start one.

Knowing Swindon, we are more likely to beat Walsall..

However...

Would really like three points today.....pretty please, with sugar on top...

I don't care how we do it...maybe due a dubious pen after last week and Fleetwood.

Then we can all bin the season and fuck off on holiday....mentally and some physically.

Clems Army!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 09:41:03 »

I remember losing at home to Bury a few years ago in a rather abject performance - a rare outing for Alan Navarro in that one.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 09:59:45 »

Today is a game we dare not lose...if we do then things could look bleak by 5:00.

This represents our best chance of a point before season's end. 

Both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury are much better on the road than at home...and Walsall and Rochdale away not easy. We haven't scored a goal on the road for 4 games and the chances of a clean sheet negligible.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:03:56 »

No confidence in sexy football, no confidence in these players, best we can hope for is a no score bore.
cant wait for the pain to stop. Roll on May.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:10:14 »

I remember losing at home to Bury a few years ago in a rather abject performance - a rare outing for Alan Navarro in that one.

Was that when Di Canio had left and Ward and Miller were temporary managers? Remember us losing 1-0 goal from Schumacher I believe
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:27:11 »

Today is a game we dare not lose...if we do then things could look bleak by 5:00.

This represents our best chance of a point before season's end.

Both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury are much better on the road than at home...and Walsall and Rochdale away not easy. We haven't scored a goal on the road for 4 games and the chances of a clean sheet negligible.

Today, this doesn't sound like hyperbole.

Nerves.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:36:55 »

Bury have only won at Swindon once since 1977 but that was their last visit 3 years ago, in that time we have won 8 of those 13 games drawing 4.

Bury have not scored more than one goal in any game at the CG since 1974.

In the last 13 games between us at the CG we have scored 26 goals and conceded 9.

The biggest win at the CG being an 8-0 win in 1979 (we were fantastic that day and could have scored many more if it wasn't for the Bury keeper John Forrest who played really well).

That said I am not over confident about even getting a point and as BO says would like to see the team before making a prediction, but if we have Beaker and Ajose back then we will stand a good chance, without them a draw is best we can achieve I fear.

And Leon cry baby wills score in front of a crowd of 6,485 with 129 Shakers in attendance.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 11:12:13 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:43:05 »

3-0, Rodgers with a perfect hattrick.

You heard it here first.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:48:58 »

Bury have only won at Swindon once since 1977 but that was their last visit 3 years ago, in that time we have won 8 of those 13 games drawing 4.

Bury have not scored more than one goal in any game at the CG since 1974.

In the last 13 games between us at the CG we have scored 26 goals and conceded 9.

The biggest win at the CG being an 8-0 win in 1979 (we were fantastic that day and could have scored many more if it wasn't for the Bury keeper John Forrest who played really well).

That said I am not over confident about even getting a point and as BO says would like to see the team before making a prediction, but if we have Beaker and Ajose back then we will stand a good chance, without them a draw is best we can achieve I fear.

And Leon cry baby wills score.

It would be fun to see our attacking unit from that day in December, playing against our current lot.  Basic 4-4-2.  Kammy and Ray Mchale in the middle. Ian Miller and Animal Williams out wide, with Rowland and Mayes up front, it'd be a turkey shoot.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:54:08 »

If the forwards are back, we'll go 2-0 down to the inevitable Clarke Brace then come back to get something out of it.

If not, we'll go 2-0 down and it'll stay that way.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 16, 2016, 10:59:32 »

It would be fun to see our attacking unit from that day in December, playing against our current lot.  Basic 4-4-2.  Kammy and Ray Mchale in the middle. Ian Miller and Animal Williams out wide, with Rowland and Mayes up front, it'd be a turkey shoot.
What I would give for a Kamara and McHale in midfield now, for that matter Stroud, Miller and Williams and thats not to mention Mayes and Rowlands.

For me probably the best over all team I have seen play for the Town they just needed a little more bottle and fitness from March onwards and that team could have gone a lot further....the rest is history.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: