Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hartlepool United V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35286 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:24:32 »

I'll take that. Look forward to hearing the thoughts of those who went.

Sounds like the defence really is a problem. I thought Lucas would make a difference but apparently not.

Same here.

The commentary likened the pairing of Cuthbert and LJF to Ifil and O'Hanlon 'both good technically, but shipped a lot of goals'.  Defence definitely seems to be the key issue, we can't afford to keep going behind to silly goals.  We also seem to have a problem with taking a decent corner or free kick - schoolboy stuff really.

A good point, which most of us would have taken before the game and taken ten times over at 4.15pm.  Hopefully this will give us confidence and be the kick start we need and give Wilson an idea of the formation that works best (not entirely sure what that is to be honest?!)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #331 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:24:50 »

Great point, was getting really worried at 2-0 down, even had to post a WTF on my poxy Blackberry Pearl, what a palavva.

Hopefully a goal each will give Charlie and Dossevi confidence for the next game which I fully expect to be three points. Notice O'Brien started did he do anything of note? Or did he get taken off?

Went to watch B'mth Poppies v Abingdon Town in the FA cup. Not a bad game at all, Poppies won 1-0
Listening to 5 Live on the way back, all they go on about is the fucking Premiership, do those cunts realise there's three other leagues and not everyone wants to hear Premiership this and Premiership that. Gets right up my nose
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:31:23 »

Listening to 5 Live on the way back, all they go on about is the fucking Premiership, do those cunts realise there's three other leagues and not everyone wants to hear Premiership this and Premiership that. Gets right up my nose

No, they are a bit like Sky, and there is only one league, despite Sky and BBC covering the FL as well.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
stfcinbmth

« Reply #333 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:38:35 »

No, they are a bit like Sky, and there is only one league, despite Sky and BBC covering the FL as well.

I've got a good mind to text the fuckers and remind em
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:51:45 »

I think the way we got our point today could prove to be very important. The players could of started doubting themselves so hopefully we can kick on.
Agree with that.

The players deservedly took a bit of stick at the final whistle on Tuesday night and another poor result today would have piled on the pressure ahead of Brentford at home. If we can grab a win from that, we'll be well on our way.

I still don't understand the LJF and Ifil comparisons - Lecsinel is about a hundred times more composed, more intelligent and he can actually control and pass a football. Ifil & O'Hanlon was never a good partnership because neither took control and that is the only comparison that can be made between them and Lecs and Cuthbert. LJF will never be a vocal leader but Cuthbert could be.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:53:47 »

How did your nephew get on playing for Poppies?
Lumps

« Reply #336 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:55:27 »

Looking at the stats on todasy game it looks like we had close on 60% of the possession, had 7 attempts on target to their 3, and 9 corners to their three.

Away from home that's not bad going.

I'm refusing to panic.

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:57:21 »

a decent result from 2-0 down.
if we are still shipping goals in a few weeks time then i'd like to see some money going on a centre back
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 17:57:56 »

I'm refusing to panic.

Call yourself a Town fan....
adje

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:08:36 »

Dont diss the premiership-arriba will hurt you!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
stfcinbmth

« Reply #340 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:13:20 »

Dont diss the premiership-arriba will hurt you!

I'm sure arriba knows where I'm coming from
Barry Scott

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:15:21 »

[url width=479 height=387]http://i38.tinypic.com/hrh4p0.png[/url]

I still don't understand the LJF and Ifil comparisons - Lecsinel is about a hundred times more composed, more intelligent and he can actually control and pass a football. Ifil & O'Hanlon was never a good partnership because neither took control and that is the only comparison that can be made between them and Lecs and Cuthbert. LJF will never be a vocal leader but Cuthbert could be.

Summed up exactly. People only make the comparison because as a pairing they looks similar (one black, one with a skinhead). I think the comparison is verging on insulting such is the gulf in class between the individuals.

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:17:28 »

I'm sure arriba knows where I'm coming from

yes i do.unfortunately more people are interested in the prem or bigger clubs.
radicalbyte

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:20:23 »

We've played two league games, generally bossed both, but have been caught out a bit at the back.

No need to panic, it'll probably take another 3-4 games for the team to really gel, during which we'll drop a few points, but nothing which will ruin our season.

What's important is that Charlie is still scoring.  That was something I was worried about, what with him losing his partner and being in his second season. 
stfcinbmth

« Reply #344 on: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 18:42:03 »

yes i do.unfortunately more people are interested in the prem or bigger clubs.

No doubt the vast majority of which hardly ever go to a live game. There's a few of them at work so called Chelsea and Man U fans. Rather than go and stick some dosh in their local non league sides pockets they live for MOTD, Sky Sports and football streaming. I keep pointing out it's much more fun to go to a game but it falls on deaf ears, think they think that they are being disloyal to their club, when in fact the likes of Chelsea, Man U etc couldn't give a toss about their supporters even their armchair ones
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: