Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39373 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:22:29 »

My mate said at the time it could've been for handball against austin. I can't really say though

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:24:42 »

Read it again...

Oh I see now. Ooops.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:25:41 »

Smith came out and got a one handed punch on it, the punch went downward and hit Frampton who was stood about 2 yards away max on the shoulder. The ref then gave a penalty, Caddis seemed to be the one arguing the cause and the ref did an odd elbow signal.

Think the ref was signaling the players arm was raised and that was the reason he gave it. Looked harsh to me, but if your arms are anywhere other than by your side and the ball hits them there is always a chance of it being given.

Even if the ref did get it wrong, if our players had run in on the penalty rather than stand on the edge of the area scratching their arses they might have got to the rebound first and cleared it.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:28:10 »

Yea I thought it was Austin at the time as well but wasn't certain.

Agree with a lot of what has been said but one of the key reasons I thought we struggled today was because we couldn't cope with the perfect lesson in playing as target man that Fletcher put on. Frampton was on him but had fairly big size disadvantage so we should have been focused on winning the 2nd ball but we weren't. We got by a bloke nearing 40 years of age.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:32:20 »

Town players didn't get near the penalty rebound because the bloke who got there first had exactly 10 yards headstart on them.

Wilson is going to need a productive transfer window to get us moving in the right direction for 2011/12.
Panda Paws

« Reply #305 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:34:51 »

*Posting before reading*

Today was absolute garbage. The difference in work-rate, desire, commitment and tempo was shocking.

Smith - Fucking dogshit. Flapped for the first goal, got no where near the throw in for the second. He should be banished for ever to a dark cave until he can kick a fucking football though! He spends every day kicking a ball but can't do it? seriously? Gks now touch the ball more with their feet than their hands, it's a massive part of the game, and more often than not his kicks result in a throw in or a goal kick. Just pick out your CF!

Caddis - superb defensively against Pugh, but not good on the ball. No where near the worst performer though.

Sheehan - Again not too bad, but lucky to stay on the pitch from where I was sat.

Cuthbert - the very best of an average bunch at the back.

Frammo - Terrible first half, never got to grips with Fletcher and certainly not the answer.

Ferry - Great engine, lacked quality on the ball somewhat but wasn't helped by Prutton at all.

Prutton - Just gave the ball away so many times, never really done anything worthwhile bar a few tackles.

JPM  - Terrible

Ritchie - Great first half and a super goal but faded badly like normal.

Austin  - Worse performance for a long time. Spent far too long diving and moaning, and not enough time doing what he's paid to do. I know it's Charlie and we're not allowed to slag him off, but he deserves no credit for today.

Ball - Did he play? bar the assist, absolutely nothing.

So so depressed after today. A great opportunity to make a statement, start the year well, kick on - whatever you want to call it - but we were awful. They're not better than us, very few sides in this league are, but they wanted it more. They closed us down, forced us to give the ball away and wanted everything more than us. The togetherness and morale in their camp is so obvious, like we had last year, but we have nothing now. No spirit, no fight, no leadership and no bollocks.

A couple of other things. Why do we blame the ref when we're shit? He was no worse of better than normal. And our fans were rubbish, negativity from the 1st minute and, as much as I don't rate him, booing Peri on to the pitch (by a small minority) takes the piss.

Happy New Year
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:39:21 »

Town players didn't get near the penalty rebound because the bloke who got there first had exactly 10 yards headstart on them.

They didn't even get near the penalty spot, because they didn't move from the edge of the area. Not one of them. Just stood and watched.

There's not much I can really add to what STFC Dave said. I agree wholeheartedly with his summation.

I don't know whether Austin was trying to prove a point to B'mouth today, or just frustrated with his lack of chances, but what the fuck was he on?! Throwing himself on the floor on more than one occasion, leaving the boot in, trying absurd shots from outside the area. I didn't think Charlie was like that. Might've put a few scouts off though I suppose.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:40:29 »

Indeed, he had a 10 yard head start but was 16 yards ahead when he tapped it in.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:43:05 »

*Posting before reading*

Today was absolute garbage. The difference in work-rate, desire, commitment and tempo was shocking.

Smith - Fucking dogshit. Flapped for the first goal, got no where near the throw in for the second. He should be banished for ever to a dark cave until he can kick a fucking football though! He spends every day kicking a ball but can't do it? seriously? Gks now touch the ball more with their feet than their hands, it's a massive part of the game, and more often than not his kicks result in a throw in or a goal kick. Just pick out your CF!

Caddis - superb defensively against Pugh, but not good on the ball. No where near the worst performer though.

Sheehan - Again not too bad, but lucky to stay on the pitch from where I was sat.

Cuthbert - the very best of an average bunch at the back.

Frammo - Terrible first half, never got to grips with Fletcher and certainly not the answer.

Ferry - Great engine, lacked quality on the ball somewhat but wasn't helped by Prutton at all.

Prutton - Just gave the ball away so many times, never really done anything worthwhile bar a few tackles.

JPM  - Terrible

Ritchie - Great first half and a super goal but faded badly like normal.

Austin  - Worse performance for a long time. Spent far too long diving and moaning, and not enough time doing what he's paid to do. I know it's Charlie and we're not allowed to slag him off, but he deserves no credit for today.

Ball - Did he play? bar the assist, absolutely nothing.

So so depressed after today. A great opportunity to make a statement, start the year well, kick on - whatever you want to call it - but we were awful. They're not better than us, very few sides in this league are, but they wanted it more. They closed us down, forced us to give the ball away and wanted everything more than us. The togetherness and morale in their camp is so obvious, like we had last year, but we have nothing now. No spirit, no fight, no leadership and no bollocks.

A couple of other things. Why do we blame the ref when we're shit? He was no worse of better than normal. And our fans were rubbish, negativity from the 1st minute and, as much as I don't rate him, booing Peri on to the pitch (by a small minority) takes the piss.

Happy New Year

Mate, we dont blame the ref for the teams performance, which was shit.  But the ref was a fucking disgrace.  Got everything wrong.  Much worse than the shit standard we usually have.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:50:29 »

Not so much that he got things wrong but that he clearly lost control of the game. From the moment Austin went down it was clear that that passage of play was going to end in some sort of flare up, so blow up for the injury to the head and give everyone twenty seconds to calm down, even if you don't think elbowing in the face is a booking.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:50:55 »

i don't think anyone is hiding behind the shit reffing, but it's just something fun to moan about and try to forget charlie misplacing a few passes

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 20:56:00 »

What about the other player that was stood right next to him when he tapped it in. If he could get there, why the fuck couldn't one of our players?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:00:55 »

So having watched a near 40 year-old big lump of a target man give our defence a hard time all game, please can someone explain why we have Pericard.

He has the same Physical attributes as Fletcher, and you would hope with the age (and presumably) fitness advantage that he could be able to do the very same thing to the opposition as Fletcher did to us.

And it's that very reason why he gets a hard time, he's a big old unit but just doesn't seem to want to get stuck in. He just doesn't have the work ethic required to play 3rd Division Football.

As for the game, started shit, got better, went back to being shit again.
Ref was crap (as usual), but that doesn't hide the fact that we were poor.

I know we shouldn't be comparing this season to last, but as last season was relatively successful maybe we should look at it to work out what's going wrong.

The spine of the team last year Lucas, Greer, Douglas, Paynter, All missing today, and none that have been adequately replaced.
Now Lucas (if he can ever get/stay fit) & Douglas are to come back into the team, but the other two need to be replaced.

Is Frampton the answer, too early to tell.
Is Pericard the answer, obviously not.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:01:35 »

Sorry, I have not read the thread in its entirety.

In all honesty I have had better things to do, so I apologise to anyone that I have plagiarised or anything.

Right. I have had enough.

I hate to say it but Wilson needs to go and he needs to go now. Not next week. Now

There are obvious factions in the camp that he cant heal.

Substitutions that are meant to change the game, quite frankly dont.

Lets face it, the signings he has made this season are quite frankly a waste of fucking skin, and I would not give him £5.00 and send him down the shops for a packet of fags, yet alone dabble in the transfer market

I am completely cunted off with the same dour rhetoric that spews out of his gob every week.

Either get the team to play together, (which you fucking cant can you ?) or fuck the fuck off !
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:06:46 »

Deluded

He should not have to kick every ball if the fucking lazy fucking cunts in front of him gave him a few fucking options. I felt sorry for him today. I thought he played well but was forced to hoof all the time because we have got a team full of cunts who dont give a flying fuck
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: