Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 38464 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #435 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 18:47:42 »

I'll give him January but if Wilson was capable of turning us around wouldnt he have done it by now?

This is probably the most significant point made so far
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 18:52:53 »

The dubious claim that they have never been relegated as Spencer rightly points out rests on the fact that they changed their name in 1914 from Woolwich Arsenal to Arsenal.

So if we change our name now to Swindon United it means we'll also be able to claim we've never been relegated for the next four months or so?
Spencer_White

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 18:56:29 »

I always thought it was generally reckoned Jan was a more expensive time to buy, and with less quality available. That's what all the pundits seem to keep saying

Yeah, for Premier League clubs, trying to buy first team players on the up, like Charlie Austin.

We're pretty much the exact opposite, trying to buy surplus squad players from Premier League, SPL and Championship clubs.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 18:58:37 by Spencer_White » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 19:57:08 »

So if we change our name now to Swindon United it means we'll also be able to claim we've never been relegated for the next four months or so?

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:07:48 »

Bollocks. He wouldn't have got us to the playoffs last year by playing the same tactics week in week out, and sides knowing what tactics we would play.

You did watch us towards the end of the season didn't you? Bar the charlton games we were very average from April onwards

My point exactly, towards the end of last season other teams had worked out the way we played and Wilson had no back-up plan.  This has continued into this season.

Your last point is total crap as well. Some of the most successful clubs in the country have had the same manager for several years & the club has supported him throughout the bad patches.

Examples?  if you're meaning the likes of Ferguson and Wenger their 'bad' patches constitute finishing outside of the top 4 - hardly comparable!  

« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:09:24 by joteddyred » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 21:51:37 »

Yeah, for Premier League clubs, trying to buy first team players on the up, like Charlie Austin.

We're pretty much the exact opposite, trying to buy surplus squad players from Premier League, SPL and Championship clubs.
Who they're desperate to offload to fund buying the players on the up. Makes sense. I should have known I was talking shit when I typed "That's what all the pundits seem to keep saying" Smiley
deltaincline

« Reply #441 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 23:29:26 »

Getting bored with this now. Wilson should concentrate his efforts on getting a couple of strikers in as soon as possible, regardless of whether or not Austin goes.

Most of our problems this season have been magnified X10 by us not putting the opposition under any sustained pressure up front. We've relied on Charlie too fucking much - which is the wrong way to treat any 2nd year pro, let alone one of his obvious talent - and the Dossevi / VP combination is just wank.

The fact that Wilson has stuck with poor quality strikers in TD and VP, when it's glaringly fucking obvious that neither of them are up to the job, leads me to think something else must be up at the club. Ditto the failure to bring in a decent central defender for so long.

If only for self preservation, Wilson would be a twat not to do something major about the problems we have had this season. He's clearly not a twat, so maybe his hands are tied behind his back?

I wonder if the stadium development may be the new holy grail for the board now that the fun / gloss of having a failed and expensive pop at promotion has worn off? They've invested a tidy old sum between them since they took over. Failure last season cant have been easy to swallow in financial terms. Times are tougher now than when they took over etc etc.

Something isn't fucking right, obviously. Not sure it's down to Danny Wilson suddenly being useless though.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 09:19:51 »

[url width=799 height=449]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/abbottd/handball.jpg?t=1294046325[/url]

This is the handball. Fuck knows what the ref was doing signalling his hand was near his head

Things get better but they never get good
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 15:52:20 »

Been on the BBC website and seen the slightly better than the shit TV highlights.

Our Pen shout not shown??  Is it shown on STFC TV or whatever its called?

VP was unlucky with that low drive......after that he should give up.

Clems Army!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 15:57:14 »

No its not shown on STFC player either.  Neither is the pen shout they had where the player was booked.  Really shit highlights all round.

Never knowingly overstated.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 16:02:02 »

No its not shown on STFC player either.  Neither is the pen shout they had where the player was booked.  Really shit highlights all round.

Send the club a shitty Email. You pay extra, you should expect them to show the key moments.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: