Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39368 times)
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:27:53 »

That's the angriest I've got at a football game for some time. I'll try and put my thoughts down in some sort of logical babble

- Untill Bournmouth scored They looked one of the best teams i've seen this season. Then they got the penalty, for what I really do not know, and sort of sat back. If they'd have kept going they could've cruised it.
- The goal woke us up and for the rest of the half we were the better side without really creating that many chances. Goal was a nice bit of link up play between bell and ritchie. The best thing Ball did all day. He looked off the pace which is too be expected; his loan must be up soon, doubt we'll see him in a town shirt again.
- Second half began, both teams hussled and bustled but not really that much quality on show. Then there was a ten minute spell where it really looked like it was going to boil over - the ref really lost control. Typified by the sheehan incident, when It happened i thought sheehan was off, but it looked to my eyes as if the bournmouth player had lashed out first. So for sheehan to get a yellow and the bournmouth lad to not even get spoken too was strange. The ref had a very poor game for both sides.
- Pericard came on for ball, ran around like a madman for five minutes. Had our solitary chance on target of the half, denied only by a good save by their keeper.

Now, this is the bit where I begin to lose it. Timlin comes on for Ferry. What. The. Fuck. Mr Wilson, what on earth are you trying to achieve with this substitution. Ferry didn't look injured, and Timlin is dire. A league two player, who should be nowhere near our team.

Bournmouth have a 5 minute spell inside our half, culminating in a goal. Decent finish by their bloke, though he should NEVER have been allowed to get away with it. We didn't clear it, and nobody got close to him. He could have turned and saved himself the acrobatics if he'd have bothered.

There's about 10-15 minutes left at this point. We continue playing the same tired system, with the same tired players holding the same areas of the pitch. Forgive me for resorting to Caps Lock, BUT IT HASN'T FUCKING WORKED SO FAR, SO WHY THE FUCK WILL IT WORK NOW. Didn't try anything. We persisted with the flat back four, with timlin and prutton so deep they may aswell have been holding Smiths hand. We tried nothing. No attempts to switch to three at the back. No attempts to 'Do a Kingy' and lump the big players up there to win a header. Nothing. We just laboured along, banging our head against the wall. Bournmouth we're laughing.

This is my biggest gripe with wilson. For one reason or another he cannot, or will not, change the team during the match. He's so tactically naiive as to be embarrising. He appears to have lost the ability to motivate the players. Bournmouth went two one up not because they were outplaying us (both teams were trudging along not really doing anything of note), they won it because they wanted it more. Our players look as if they don't care. Austin is, pardon the pun, turning into a big time charlie. His histrionics today were laughable and he should be ashamed of himself. The only player who looked decent today, who actually looked as if he gave a crap, was Frampton. The rest should be ashamed.

One thing is clear - playing like we are, our attempts at slick passing football, are not working. Teams have us sussed, and have done in all honesty since last April. We need a change in approach, be that mental or tactical, and I do not believe at this stage of his career wilson has that in him.

Well put! I totally agree on all parts of this brilliant reflection!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:29:04 »

I can only think of Greer that has been a significent loss from our permanent squad last season,
Not our top goal scorer?

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:29:25 »

- League is tight - Top teams haven't pulled away like previous years
- Need to average 2 points per game to get promoted
- Our run last year started on Boxing Day. We need to start averaging 3 points per game
- Ritchie to become a permanent signing
- Frampton to extend loan: Not buying on strength of only 2-3 games
- Wembley last year was a high and low point
- Charlton 1st leg was highest point last year

thanks for that.

he only stated the blatantly obvious then.
answers nothing really.
flammableBen

« Reply #258 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:30:53 »

Good words dave.

e: stfc variety that is. DV is being a prat.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:34:46 by flammableBen » Logged
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:31:56 »

I hope we don't spend most of our budget on Ritchie. Goal aside, he was wank today and has been for a while. Seems scared to take on players and get balls into the box. Concentrate on a centre half and striker.

I thought the best player on the pitch was the Bournemouth centre half with the bandage round his head. He was superb, won everything and didn't give us a sniff. Austin more than met his match with him.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:33:39 »

We play in L1 now - none of the right backs are going to be Summerbee class. Amankwaah was good all of last season, apart from Wembley - he even played through alot of games injured last season and still played well.

Its not royal presence, just presence - I must have seen (using Amankwaah as the example) him play about 50-60 games for us. I think your assumptions on 3 or 4 games are wrong.

....and yes, I should be manager.

You should be manager: True

You've seen him live more than me: True

You can of course also base comments about what you read and hear too. Secondhand source material of course, but anyway I have made my assumptions not on only the games I've seen on telly. That would be stupid.

Also I believe we can attract players with the capability like Summerbee. He wasn't a great PL-player. He was a good 1 div (Championship) player and that's the sort of players we need to attract to even be bothered to be dreaming for a promotion from League One. Or else we could just of course be happy with being in the lower halfs of League One, if that's what you like.

Now bring on monday and another game on telly here in Norway - so I can have another banter after the game come monday night  Cheesy

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:39:02 »

oh and another thing that annoyed me - when the footballing god that is Lee fucking bradbury came on why did the ref wait until he was in position to allow us to take the throw? it seemed weird

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:39:06 »

Can you stop arguing about players who didn't fucking play you mongs
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:39:49 »

I hope we don't spend most of our budget on Ritchie. Goal aside, he was wank today and has been for a while. Seems scared to take on players and get balls into the box.

Am i the only person who thinks he is crap? Better than o'brien yes, but not actually any good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:41:15 »

Can you stop arguing about players who didn't fucking play you mongs

so, that would be all of them then?
glos_robin

« Reply #265 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:42:25 »

Am i the only person who thinks he is crap? Better than o'brien yes, but not actually any good
I don't really rate him tbh doesn't really have much pace and is pretty useless at defending. Best we've got in that position at the moment but no where near the £150k transfer fee that has been banded around
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:43:13 »

Utter. Fucking. Tripe.

I assume the majority of the players (Smith and Sheehan aside) were out on the piss last night as it's been a long time since I saw such a lethargic and disinterested performance. Wilson should fine the lot of them, or at the very least charge them 20 quid each as they seem to have attended the game as spectators. The rebound from the penalty summed it up for me - they had 3 players straight on the ball, we had 5-6 stood gawping.

Oh, and NR, I admire the efforts you go to to follow Town, truly I do, but you can't seriously believe you can get a balanced view on an individual player's contribution from watching 3-4 mins of highlights every week and a couple of live (on the telly) games
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #267 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:48:36 »

to anyone who still (and there are plenty on here) moan about those of us who diss Vincent Pericard, just go into the club shop and buy the video of todays game
The bournemouth fans (and players) were wetting themselves with laughter at his ineptitude.
Juventus?Huh?? Fray Bentos maybe.
Gotta go. Nuff said.
Surely even wilson cant defend him any more......
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:49:33 »

Pericard was not the worst thing about todays performance. Nowhere near. He wasn't good, but there was so much more which was bad

Things get better but they never get good
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:51:00 »

Well today was an absolute shambles and anyone who can take anything positive from it, needs their head reading.  We were disorganised, uncommitted, devoid of ideas and quite honestly deserved nothing from the game.  There is clearly no team togetherness or leadership either on or off the pitch and that for me is the real worry.  Anyone who was still there after the final whistle, couldn't have failed to notice the huddle that the whole Bournemouth squad and management team went into for a good few minutes before celebrating as a team and then going back to their fans.  That's the spirit we are completely lacking and have been all season.  

Interesting to hear Wilson say this year's problems have come from losing key players (finally). Sounds like he's looking to bring people in now, having recognised the gaping holes.

Give the bloke a medal.  It's taken him 6 months to realise what the majority of us identified a month into the season.  Quite frankly I've lost patience with him now and genuinely believe that he will take us no further than mid table mediocricy or worse, into League 2. He needs to go before it's too late.  As pointed out previously his managerial record generally seems to read one good season followed by one poor one.  More often than not he's been clueless in formation and selection decisions and completely devoid of ideas.  Why on earth did he start with Ball today when the lad hasn't even been getting on as a substitute in recent weeks?  As Ball himself said after the match, he was knackered because he's not been playing?  Timlin on for Ferry?  I know Ferry wasn't playing well, but another ridiculous decision, Timlin is never going to change a game or were we playing for a point by then?

It’s interesting to hear Fitton backing Wilson as well.  I wonder how long that will last as the crowds begin to twindle as more and more people lose interest in a season that at the moment is heading for a relegation battle and nothing else.

If we include the last 6 games from last season, we have picked up 31 points from a possible 81.  Under Malpas, over the same number of games (27) across the back end of 2007/08 and into 2008/09, his record read 31 points from a possible 81!  Enough said.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 18:55:28 by joteddyred » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: