Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42106 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:03:17 »

I don't get all this Chesterfield deserved to win talk.
Other than catch us on the break when we were pushing for a goal just what did they do to deserve the win. Sure they stopped us playing our best, but at most that would mean they didn't deserve to lose.

If we hadn't scored the OG I don't think they would have got close to scoring.
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:08:26 »

Other than catch us on the break when we were pushing for a goal just what did they do to deserve the win. Sure they stopped us playing our best, but at most that would mean they didn't deserve to lose.

Performance wise, I thought it was a bit of a stalemate, except we didn't really create any clear cut chances apart from the Connell miss.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:12:24 »

Holmes to me,although involved a lot just did not deliver for me.Just dont understand the praise for McEvely at all-thought he looked awful.Thought Benson was the only forward who actually held the ball up and although it maybe have been too late for Bostock to make an impression his first touch was shocking.

You're not alone in your views.  Some of Holmes' corners and crosses were woeful and their right back stopped him getting past constantly.  McEveley was slow to react and caught in possession numerous times.  Bostock just looked unfit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:12:56 »

Other than catch us on the break when we were pushing for a goal just what did they do to deserve the win. Sure they stopped us playing our best, but at most that would mean they didn't deserve to lose..

First 20 minutes I though they looked dangerous as we looked all 6's and 7's at the back.  Every time the ball was knocked forward we look vulnerable to me. I breather a sigh of relief when Lester Jack got crocked.

After that all the way until half time I though it was just a case of whether we could break them down. The OG killed us, but in reality there was enough time left. We just couldn't get it right in the final third, hoofed it too much and they killed the game.

McEveley was slow to react and caught in possession numerous times.  Bostock just looked unfit.

The more I think about it the more pissed off I am they were in the squad yesterday. Its not hindsight, I said they shouldn't be in it before Sunday.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:14:58 by Batch » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:15:25 »

No matter how many times i see it, i feel a competent defender would never have scored the O.G Risser did... it's really bad.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:25:11 »

You're not alone in your views.  Some of Holmes' corners and crosses were woeful and their right back stopped him getting past constantly.  McEveley was slow to react and caught in possession numerous times.  Bostock just looked unfit.

agree. I was commenting all game how poor Holmes's deliveries were and the fact McEverly never went forward on the overlap and his passing was poor.

I agree with Batch on selection. i'm really pissed off that they were in the squad. they didn't deserve to be. A real fucking poor decision from PDC
« Last Edit: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:28:22 by magicroundabout » Logged

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:26:01 »

If you think back to our best chances to score, other than Connell's miss & Cibo's header, everything else fell to Homes.

• Curling shot from the right in the first half (although the keeper had it covered).
  • The shot (from the left) that went just over the bar in the first half.
  • The shot that the defender deflected onto the keeper from just inside the box (also on the first half).
  • But probably worst of all was the opening he made for himself in the second half where from about 10 yards out right in front of goal he produced what is best described as a backpass.

As for Ritchie, all season he has been cutting back in to cross with his right, but it has worked OK because most of the time Caddis has been bombing down the wing outside him taking away one of the defenders leaving Ritchie 1 on 1.

Devera only did this once in the whole game (not a dig at Devera as this is not what his game is about) and so Ritchie found himself against 2 defenders virtually all game with no real help except to pass the ball backwards.   

As someone else has posted, the sooner that Caddis is back the better.

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:36:02 »

I don't think any player can say they played that well yesterday.
I think it should just be written off as a bad day at the office and put behind us now.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:39:05 »

I don't think any player can say they played that well yesterday.
I think it should just be written off as a bad day at the office and put behind us now.

Well only Ferry. Those 50 yard passes to Homles in the first half were sublime!

Cats are better than dogs FACT

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:41:26 »

Well only Ferry. Those 50 yard passes to Homles in the first half were sublime!

Best player on the park first half. Not so in the second
Peacocks-Lucky-Coat

Dishonest Abe

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:41:45 »

Ferry was fantastic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 19:48:05 »

I think the Millwall experience helped him myself. He didn't turn up that day, didn't make the same mistake twice.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:13:46 »

Just watched the assault on Devera and have followed my original very magnanimous 'congrats rog best team won on the day' message to my spireite mate with 'actually westcarr is a cunt who should have been sent off for that and the ball through to him for the second goal was from a foul' message.

Dont like to be too nice in defeat!

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:17:41 »

No, I agree and have said as much in this thread.

Neither team were better enough than the other to deserve the win. The own goal changed the game - Chesterfield were just as toothless upfront as use.

It was 0-0 all the way before the own goal....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 20:23:47 »

Ferry was our best player, but it probably didn't hurt him that they were double marking the guy next to him, giving him more space.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: