Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35946 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:46:54 »

Seen the tackle on beeb website and to be fair it looks like a red in todays climate. I think a yellow would've sufficed though (naturally). But then we wouldn't have had the spark if that was the case.

It was maybe harsh, but at the same time you can't argue with a red. Though as The Flash said, there was a challenge by Morrison that looked worse and the ref didn't do anything. The same with Prutton when he got sent off, he got the second yellow for a nothing tackle when a couple of seconds earlier he made a tackle that looked like a straight red.

Again, the problem is consistency. Though if ref's did give reds for all the tackles that deserve it under the current dangerous tackles guidance then I think we'd get quite a few games each season abandoned due to a lack of players. Ideally the players would stop being twats for going in dangerously, as there is no need for it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:51:43 »

You can argue with it and I will.

That tackle was not worthy of a straight red card at all. Studs up is a bollocks term, how do you tackle with your studs down? Sheehans foot started high, admittedly but by the time he got near their player his heels was practically flat on the floor.

Also, due to their players reaction I'd question if there was even any sort of contact. The player didnt go down rolling around holding his leg - and alot of Orient players did this repeatedly. The Orient players werent surrounding the ref, none of them confronted Sheehan about his bad tackle or anything like that. Everyone seemed surprised with the red card, player from both teams.

I have only seen it the once mind you.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:54:16 by Dave » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 13:52:47 »

The replay doesn't do him alot of favours imo.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 14:08:50 »

I think it looks a red card on the replay because it was a red card offence
« Last Edit: Monday, October 25, 2010, 14:46:28 by STFC dave » Logged

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 14:09:53 »

You can argue with it and I will.

That tackle was not worthy of a straight red card at all. Studs up is a bollocks term, how do you tackle with your studs down? Sheehans foot started high, admittedly but by the time he got near their player his heels was practically flat on the floor.

Also, due to their players reaction I'd question if there was even any sort of contact. The player didnt go down rolling around holding his leg - and alot of Orient players did this repeatedly. The Orient players werent surrounding the ref, none of them confronted Sheehan about his bad tackle or anything like that. Everyone seemed surprised with the red card, player from both teams.

I have only seen it the once mind you.

Seen it several times, should have been a yellow. Very soft red.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 14:27:29 »

I think it looks a red card on the replay because it was a red card

Was it a red card? I don't recall him leaving the field of play, in fact, I'm pretty sure he scored an OG.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 14:44:54 »

Was it a red card? I don't recall him leaving the field of play, in fact, I'm pretty sure he scored an OG.

What the blazes are you on about?

Edit - My mistake. I missed the word 'offence' from the end of the sentence

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 15:06:20 »

Ha, don't we look stupid.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 15:11:46 »

never a  red card.  ref  has looked at his starting position and decided he clattered him dangerously without seeing it.  but he didn't.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 15:17:14 »

Ridiculous, turning into a non contact sport

Bring back the Lee Collins chopper days
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 15:40:40 »

I wonder if he will get an additional ban for not leaving the field of play straight away but continuing to argue with the ref about it
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 15:57:28 »

Having read through some of the comments we have focussed on the ref's performance rather then we could not beat Orient we are not progressing as a club
The team have the support of the fans, BUT how long will this go on? i think we need fresh players in not just loan players even though they play well they are here for a short term reason, to improve and gain match experience before they return to their clubs
Hopefully Mr Fitton will back DW with some cash we need another goal scorer to support Charlie, someone like La Fondre at Rotherham and a centre back with experience
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 15:58:32 »

Having read through some of the comments we have focussed on the ref's performance rather then we could not beat Orient we are not progressing as a club
The team have the support of the fans, BUT how long will this go on? i think we need fresh players in not just loan players even though they play well they are here for a short term reason, to improve and gain match experience before they return to their clubs
Hopefully Mr Fitton will back DW with some cash we need another goal scorer to support Charlie, someone like La Fondre at Rotherham and a centre back with experience
I expect we would have to pay at least £750k for Le Fondre - not a fucking chance.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:01:46 »

I expect we would have to pay at least £750k for Le Fondre - not a fucking chance.
Why?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 16:04:11 »

Rotherham wanted 3m in the summer!

Naturally, he wont go for that much but I dont think our board would make enough cash available to sign him from Rotherham.

The only way we'd have enough cash to buy LeFondre would be if we sold Charlie, which would put us back to square one really.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: