Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35711 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:28:34 »

You're doing the same thing....historically we've played Orient 67 times in league games going back many years...both clubs have won 23 with 21 draws, so never been much in it.

They've had one top flight season, but many more 2nd tier seasons than us.

Rather disrespectful of me, but for some reason I always tend to think of Orient as a team we should be beating.  I didn't realise the games going back so many years had always been so evenly matched.  I stand corrected.

Well maybe you're supporting the wrong club then?

It would be great if we could get promotion, but I'm not expecting it, nor do I demand it. Some supporters need to wake the fuck up and stop sounding like whinging lids fans.

I agree nobody has a divine right to expect promotion.  However after coming so close last season, I genuinely felt optimistic that we were good enough to be up there pushing for automatic this season.  Is it wrong to be disappointed as to how things have gone so far - I don't think so?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:35:50 »

I wouldn't mind us go for Constable of Oxford

you been on the heroin?

£750K would be a steal, this guy will surely go to the Championship in January for £1m+.  You dont have that sort of track record in League 2 and then move to someone like us.

Rickie Lambert went from Rochdale to Rovers
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:39:09 »

Yeah, but it's only October ffs! Some people are peaking way too soon with all the doom and despondency.

Whats the appropriate time period before we can officially judge and conclude that this team isnt as good as last seasons team?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:43:37 »

Rather disrespectful of me, but for some reason I always tend to think of Orient as a team we should be beating.  I didn't realise the games going back so many years had always been so evenly matched.  I stand corrected.

I agree nobody has a divine right to expect promotion.  However after coming so close last season, I genuinely felt optimistic that we were good enough to be up there pushing for automatic this season.  Is it wrong to be disappointed as to how things have gone so far - I don't think so?

Agreed............the performance by players and management was woefull on Saturday...Austin aside.
I dont expect or demand promotion but believe me if things dont improve on Saturdays performance and on others this season then you will here me whingeing.....along with other forum members.
People are living in cloud cuckoo land to expect fans on a footy forum not to whinge about that dross on Saturday.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:46:05 »

you been on the heroin?

He's good, got a real poacher's instinct. And I went to college with him  Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:47:15 »

He's good, got a real poacher's instinct. And I went to college with him  Wink

We had him!...he scored a cracker,i saw it............then we let him go back to Chippenham.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:48:56 »

When did we have him?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:49:38 »

Can't see what he'd add. He was utter dogshite at Walsall. Did well at Kidderminster, but he's certainly no Charlie Austin.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:50:51 »

When did we have him?

He played at cirencester under Kingy in a pre season friendly a few years back....came on as sub and scored a beauty.
Would have cost nothing.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:52:46 »

He played at cirencester under Kingy in a pre season friendly a few years back....came on as sub and scored a beauty.
Would have cost nothing.

Oh fair play. He played in the Cirencester Academy, then sacked it off because they are all tools. Then played for the normal college team, ripped it up!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 20:54:30 »

Oh fair play. He played in the Cirencester Academy, then sacked it off because they are all tools. Then played for the normal college team, ripped it up!

Think it was the match Ciren opened the new stadium..........51 goals in 92 apps is a good record though to be fair.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 21:03:42 »

Think it was the match Ciren opened the new stadium..........51 goals in 92 apps is a good record though to be fair.

Yeh defo. Scored a few this season aswell
Panda Paws

« Reply #387 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 21:11:45 »

Aren't we forgetting something?

He's a scummer
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 22:20:59 »

Whats the appropriate time period before we can officially judge and conclude that this team isnt as good as last seasons team?

At a point where it becomes clear the points total or position will be worse than the season before, so I'd imagine March would be good guide based on the way the league is shaping up.  Any number of clubs could be in our position within 2 games, from either side of us up to about 6th I reckon.

Last seasons team is a vague statement, at which point are we judging last season's team?  it improved as the season went on, and it's pretty clear we started slightly worse off than we finished with that team due to key players deciding to fuck off and up their pay/league/contract length.  Even if I think they were replaceable or unavoidable, it certainly seems to have disrupted things by making it much less clear what the best XI is.  A few injuries/suspensions have stacked up in a couple of key positions to magnify this.  Midfield being an example - Douglas, Ferry, Prutton is better than the central midfield options last season but 2 were missing this Saturday and even last season we showed just how much influence Douglas has on the team.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #389 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 22:41:39 »

We're not playing as well as last season. But at the same time we are miles away from when Malpas was here. Fitton's big mistake was giving Malpas too long. He'd be making just as big a mistake getting rid of Wilson so soon.

Anyway, I remember similar points being raised last season at this stage. Paynter not being good enough, Wilson employing wrong formations and players in unfamiliar positions, Obedayi being shit etc. etc. The difference between today and the same stage of our 'magical' season last year? 3 points.

If we are truly play off contenders then this next month will really tell us if we can be up there or if we will fall away. Whether or not I believe we can do it I will still cheer the team on for 3 points on any given Saturday (or Tuesday night). Some of you have lost the fucking plot.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: