Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Orient official matchday Fred  (Read 35698 times)

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 22:48:55 »

i dont think we should be considering getting shot of wilson yet.but deep down i'm not very optimistic about us improving.
none of the tried formations look convincing, and some players for whatever reason are not performing well enough or anywhere near what they have previously.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #391 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 23:07:25 »

That's fair enough arriba, just your own opinion and I fear I may be thinking the same if we don't do the business in the next few games.

Next point which isn't aimed at you or anyone in particular as a lot of people seem to constructively criticise rather than post repetitive twaddle:

I'm no super fan and I don't want to appear to be holier than thou (undoubtedly I will though) but being a supporter is not about throwing the towel in and calling for the manager to go, moaning this player has gone and we were so much better than last year. It's wearing thin and it's fucking pathetic.
flammableBen

« Reply #392 on: Monday, October 25, 2010, 23:11:28 »

Of course being a supporter is about having a strop and wanting to shit on the managers face. It's just you're disagreeing about whether it's time to do that yet.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 25, 2010, 23:13:47 by flammableBen » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:04:38 »

Fitton's big mistake was giving Malpas too long.

Fitton's big mistake was giving Malpas a job in the first place. Unproven, no managerial experience, no idea about the English league and commanded no respect from fans and seemingly the players too. All coming right after Sturrock and Wise/Poyet didn't help.

But the mistake was corrected.

I really don't think the 'normal' fan has even had the first thought about replacing Wilson. WTF. He's the best man for the job. I don't always agree with his team selection and formation, but so what. The guy deserves a few seasons to see where he can take us.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #394 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:25:04 »

Throw some money at the club Fitton!

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:18:52 »

were we that good last season?er no not really.the difference to now is that we had some players that were match winners, and others which were enough to push us on that little bit more than we are doing now.
there were plenty of dire matches-performances and results last year.
loosing that bit of quality,key players and formation is telling now.we aint far from last seasons level,but just enough for it to make all the difference though.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:53:12 »

Yeah, but it's only October ffs! Some people are peaking way too soon with all the doom and despondency.

Something sarcastic about how we nearly went bust.

FWIW we seem to have a fairly similar out look on the situation.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #397 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:56:09 »

Don't forget that Greek nearly took us under and then sold Greer for a bag of nuts and cut Paynter's wages forcing him to leave and stamped on Sam Parkin's ankle and gave Glenn Hoddle AIDS
corner

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:08:44 »

Throw some money at the club Fitton!
So shold you build the team then the stadium?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:19:10 »

So shold you build the team then the stadium?
In my view yes build the team first and then the stadium
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:23:35 »

Get the foundations right then build the team. Finances, stadium, god knows what else. But we should be (and are) competitive while we do that.

Look at Reading, it took them 10 years to get the team right after starting the redevelopment. And we aren't spending that much money!
REDBUCK

« Reply #401 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:31:53 »

You also have to consider that we are no longer a surprise package, teams have worked out our style of play and seem able to present us with different problems. We don't at the moment have the ability or nouse to overcome this dring a game.

It may take a little time for the less experienced players, Ferry, Ritche, Rose, Caddis to adapt. 
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 11:07:53 »

You also have to consider that we are no longer a surprise package, teams have worked out our style of play and seem able to present us with different problems. We don't at the moment have the ability or nouse to overcome this dring a game.

It may take a little time for the less experienced players, Ferry, Ritche, Rose, Caddis to adapt. 
To be fair, I don't think even Wilson has worked out the right style of play/formation for us.

On your last point, I wouldn't call Rose one of our less experienced players as he has about for a while compared to most of the others in our squad. I understand your point on the others but any more time for them to adapt and we are in trouble.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 13:20:57 »

were we that good last season?er no not really.

Umm, yes we were?

FWIW we seem to have a fairly similar out look on the situation.

Yes but last month it was ffs its only september, now its ffs its only october and guess what next week it'll be ffs its only november - and so on and so forth. Its just an excuse. We've played 13 league games now. Thats enough to judge the current side.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 13:29:20 »

Fine, judge them on all performances and all results. If you do that surely the verdict will be that we're inconsistent, not shit?

We've played some dire football, but also played some good stuff. We've had some poor results, but also some really good ones.

It's not as black as some are making out and I still believe that we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: