Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southend United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36601 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:23:22 »

and?

and nothing. why?
flammableBen

« Reply #151 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:24:19 »

and nothing. why?
no reason.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:25:32 »

Discussion was all about the second half.
Sloppy goal, could have been a penalty shout against us.  Worried about dropping in tempo after half time, got scrappy.  Didn't use the ball well, O'Brien done his hamstring.  

Toppi got his goal by persistence, good strikers get scrappy goals.

New signings did o.k., got better once they got used to the pace, Sarfend experienced in defence.  

Marshall and Easton couldn't even make the bench, now have more quality.  O'Brien out for how long?, don't know.

Early days, but three points very important for us today.  Sarfend have done very well over the last few seasons.

Nice to have a week off before next Saturday.  

Three days to go, no change on the transfer front, another signing a possibility.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:29:01 »

Thanks for firing up the Delorean Crozzer

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:33:47 »

2-1 win

Firstv one 2 be spot on . Been 2 a rusdian swedding and glasd 2 come home 2 good news' Must drink less vodkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Scot Munroe

« Reply #155 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:35:32 »

Simon Ferry was the best player on the park today. so as he went off we lost our shape.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:35:48 »

First one spot on also.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:44:01 »

1 point off the play-offs, come on Town!

Ferry was awesome in midfield. Tope looked shit until he scored.

Well pleased to see their player get effectively sent off for diving. Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:44:47 »

is ferry a midget?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:45:54 »

Yes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:47:57 »

Happy with that. Was always going to be difficult to produce another maestro performance after two fine Tuesdays on the run, so although we made hard work of it, we held on and took the points to enter official nose bleed territory in the table.

Once they get their fitness, the Celtic lads will be class for us within a few weeks. O'Brien looked more effective once he was injured as he all he could do was stand in the middle and actually played a couple of nice balls through from there as opposed to running up the wing and losing possession. Next time he comes on Wilson should kick him in the ankle as he runs on the pitch.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:48:02 »

I thought we bossed the game right down to when the 2nd goal went in. By all accounts we should have had a goal or 2 before that. As soon as the 2nd went in we sat back and invited them onto us. shame we didn't kill the game off earlier in the half but we must be tired after so many games and after going the distance against Wolves so top marks to the boys. If we're going to do anything this season we need to win games likes this where we can just grind out a win. We weren't at our best but until those final few minutes Southend never really looked like scoring. I do feel we've got something good in the making here.

Was really impressed with the way we defended bar the goal. Cuthbert looks good and Greer was great as usual. Simon Ferry for me though was MOTM. What a great little player he could be. Not afraid to tackle and plays simple but effective passes. I'd be telling him to get forward more if I was Wilson because he could be very dangerous.

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:51:14 »

dire match.we were rubbish and wont win many playing like that.luckily we had 12 men as the ref was our best player.2 stone wall pens for them first half before we scored.passing was piss poor all over the park.
ferry was alright but the lad upfront was terrible.
same shit as last season really
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:56:13 »

Cheer up grumpy bollocks. It wasn't great by any means, but not as shit as you're making it out to be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 16:58:27 »

Cheer up grumpy bollocks. It wasn't great by any means, but not as shit as you're making it out to be.
Exactly. It's grinding out results like that when you're not playing well that gets you places. As opposed to snatching draws where we should have had wins, or losing to unlucky goals like we did last season. Onwards and upwards
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: