Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 51058 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:50:41 »

Navarro played well on Tuesday and should have started today but i don't think it would have made much difference in the first half as the majority were shit. They improved second half so hopefully they can take that into the crewe game!

Need to score first against crewe otherwise it will get pretty nasty very quickly unfortunately
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:53:47 »

No.

It's your central midfield pairing will always be better off with having a more defensive ball winning midfielder along side a smaller less physical ball playing midfielder.

If Navarro had played I doubt anyone would have suggested going with 2 lightweight midfielders was the way we should have gone but don't let that stop you looking down your nose at all of us Smiley
Don't disagree with that at all and wasn't suggesting that leaving Navarro out of the side today was the correct thing to do. I'm sure I've read comments on here about Luongo being quite decent at breaking up the play and that Navarro has only ever played well for us as part of a midfield trio. Earlier in the season he was as bad as, if not worse than, Roberts.

But it's the same thing after most games recently, whoever gets picked shouldn't and whoever doesn't get picked should. De Vita, Navarro, Storey, Collins. Admittedly in this case it was probably right.

Anyway, what's with the dig at me at the end of your post?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:59:53 »

Interesting that some thought Navarro played well at Franchise FC, I have to say I thought he was the poorest of the central three that night, an opinion that was backed up by a Franchise fan on TFF who commented that on that performance they were glad that Navarro chose us over them.

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:01:28 »

No.

It's your central midfield pairing will always be better off with having a more defensive ball winning midfielder along side a smaller less physical ball playing midfielder.

If Navarro had played I doubt anyone would have suggested going with 2 lightweight midfielders was the way we should have gone but don't let that stop you looking down your nose at all of us Smiley
We still would have lost. And pairings don't always work like that.
Was it 4,4,2 today then the formation everyone has been calling for?
If so is it now the personel and not the formation or formation and personel ?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:04:57 »

Interesting that some thought Navarro played well at Franchise FC, I have to say I thought he was the poorest of the central three that night, an opinion that was backed up by a Franchise fan on TFF who commented that on that performance they were glad that Navarro chose us over them.
i was basing him playing well on the fact that when he went off we got ripped to shit in the centre of midfield so must have been doing something right! Having him screening in front of the back 4 today could have been beneficial for us.

Interesting to see the team kmac puts out next
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:12:30 »

Surely we are only 1 defeat away from reeling out the panic button?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:14:57 »

was it that soon? So is he shit or saviour ?
Truth is probably somewhere inbetween

Agreed, neither. My point wasn't that he is a saviour, my point was it wasn't working and it was worth a try putting him on to try and add more bite.

K-Mac pretty much played the team I'd have played today, other than Navarro for Luguano. So no arguments there. I did think we looked short of width in the first half. When we started to play it on hte deck in the second half we looked half decent at times, though no cutting edge.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:24:57 »

Well not playing 2 lightweight ball players in the middl but pairing one with Navarro might have been a start.

When he was injured?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:31:39 »

Players carrying knocks and don't look as fit. Now playing kids in big games with debuts.
Bare bones. Squad threadbare and we are still in 6th place in a league that is average at best.

I would take play offs now but we still need points and at present we are off the pace.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:37:30 »

Don't disagree with that at all and wasn't suggesting that leaving Navarro out of the side today was the correct thing to do. I'm sure I've read comments on here about Luongo being quite decent at breaking up the play and that Navarro has only ever played well for us as part of a midfield trio. Earlier in the season he was as bad as, if not worse than, Roberts.

But it's the same thing after most games recently, whoever gets picked shouldn't and whoever doesn't get picked should. De Vita, Navarro, Storey, Collins. Admittedly in this case it was probably right.

Anyway, what's with the dig at me at the end of your post?

A little sarky dig with a smile, yes

We still would have lost. And pairings don't always work like that.
Was it 4,4,2 today then the formation everyone has been calling for?
If so is it now the personel and not the formation or formation and personel ?

Pairing don't always work like that but more so than having two lightweights. I think the personal was slightly wrong today. Players and Manager are responsible for the performance.

When he was injured?

Why even take him then?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:42:27 »

DoB has told us the present Board, are going in the next fortnight....he now seems less certain, so we'll be left with them.

Fingers still crossed. Gone very quiet but that is not necessary a bad thing.

Just hope it's true.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:44:05 »

Fingers still crossed. Gone very quiet but that is not necessary a bad thing.

Just hope it's true.

What exactly has "gone very quiet"? I still don't really follow

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:46:13 »

Have the jedward illiterate matey tweets gone quiet?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:46:17 »

Indeed, in the nicest way. Spill it or GTFO.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 21:47:44 »

Mac said that Navarro had a tight hamstring.  Maybe he took him believing he would be ok, maybe he felt it in a fitness test.  It's not like he had a right lot of choices to change it at short notice.

I would prefer Navarro be 100% fit for the next 3 games rather than risk losing him for the rest of the season against Sheff Utd away.

I am surprised everyone is so upset about losing away at Sheff Utd.  I can understand people being pissed of with the performance, but I didn't expect us to win up there with the injury problems we have at the moment and the form that we have been in.  Did everyone else really expect us to sweep them aside with no issues?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: