Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49977 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 23:00:19 »

The opponent: Sheffield United

After the last couple of weeks I have come to the conclusion that 90% of the contributors on This Is really are thicker than a constipated camel’s turd. From my understanding, we sit in a decent league position with a good chance of making the play offs, this is just 2 footballing seasons after we found ourselves bottom of the same league. Expectations have to be handled so carefully, its great to be able to raise them but the same needs to be said when it comes to lowering them. There are many questions that remain unanswered regarding our new owners, CG Development etc etc and I have no doubt the time will come when these questions will be asked, believe me, I am as cynical as the rest, but now, our concentration has to be on football, starting today against The Blades.

We have done the full history lesson on Sheffield United before, so once again we will take a look at some of the lesser known facts surrounding Sheffield. With the Blades being something of an old club, and Brammal Lane having a touch of the Tudors about it, it is thought the area that is now The City of Sheffield has been occupied since at least the last Ice Age, now that’s old! Another age related fact, Hallam FC play at the oldest football ground in the world! For those of you who fancy a bit of slalom, Sheffield currently has the 6th largest Ski village in Europe! I thought it was a bit chilly up north but that’s taking the piss. It seems the folk of Sheffield are something of an environmentally friendly lot having been voted as Europe’s most green city back in 2005. Perhaps one of the contributory factors to their eco-warrior status is the fact that Sheffield is the largest city in Europe not to have its own airport! And they let Luton have one?  For those heading up north in search of pots of gold you will be interested to know Sheffield holds the record for the longest continuously visible rainbow at 6hrs back in 1994.

What are they saying about us?

“massive game, I’ll be amazed if we win tho”

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/swindon-game.29805/

Sheffield United Last 6 –  DLWDDL (Currently 5th on 70 points)

The Threat – With the useful Nick Blackman departed, Dave Kitson leads the way with 10 goals.

A Warm Welcome to – Poor old LJF has still only managed 1 appearance for Sheffield United.

The irrelevant stats –  After a bit of a shaky run of form The Blades have parted company with ex Town boss Danny Wilson, although I think their destiny this season remains in their own hands for now. United’s last outing at home ended up in a 2-0 beating from Crawley. The home form really isn’t that great for a team in a position they find themselves in, perhaps a sign that the league really was not that strong this year? The home record reads played 20, won 7, drawn 9 and lost 4. Still, Franchise didn’t have the best home record either.

Head to Head – United hold the edge on this one with 11 wins, 7 draws and 7 defeats.

The Odds – Sheffield United 6/4  Draw 23/10  Swindon 7/4 (SkyBet) Some places have us at 2/1, I think I will go for another half time – full time bet, draw HT Win FT, generally 6/1 and bound to never happen If I put a few quid on it.

The Son Says – I told him that his lack of optimism caused me some concern for the Franchise game so he tried lifting my spirits by suggesting a 2-0 victory, although my hopes were soon dampened when my daughter claimed we would be lucky to scrape a 1-1 draw.

The Prediction –  We are going to hurt them, beat them, tear them a new one and thrash the pants off them with a commanding 1-0 victory with a last minute miracle goal from Shit Williams, I feel 1342 loyal Town fans will be at the game today.

And Finally –   Jupiter’s largest moon, Ganymede, has exactly the same area as Sheffield. Scientists were even more baffled when they found it also had 7 hills......again like Sheffield.  Remarkable.

COYR COYR COYR
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 23:06:08 »

Obvious loss is obvious.

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 23:07:15 »

Fantastic right up Shaw Rosso. You have got a real talent for this.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 23:22:47 »

Not making the journey myself after going Tuesday night, but I hope we put on a good performance. Head says I think we'll get beat, 3-1, with 1300 Town fans making the trip!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Friday, April 12, 2013, 23:38:53 »

2-1 win. COME ON!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 00:20:36 »

They are poor, we are poorer. 2-0 win to them. I'm banking all on our last 3 games.
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 00:50:55 »

0-0 banker
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 03:44:20 »

Hopefully we actually turn up. Would be happy with a draw.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 05:32:49 »

Blades 3-0 Town

Two from corners. Town with half an effort on goal in another try-not-to-lose debacle.

Blades fans will wonder what all the worry was about.
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 05:36:43 »

Two sides in shit form, just hope we go there and have a go at actually winning from the off!

COYR
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 06:33:11 »

0-0 bore draw. The day out will still be a laugh.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 06:42:57 »

Its nice and sunny oop north this morning, and I am going for a 1-0 to the Town, courtesy of an og

slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 06:58:15 »

I've got a good feeling about this 2-1 Swindon COYR

O, and I'm going so we best had better fucking win.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 07:11:19 »

Feeling positive!

All going to come good today!

Gonna be a mahoosive win!

Wouldn't be surprised at a 1-4 scoreline.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 07:23:04 »

a painful 0-0
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: