Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 48652 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:40:43 »

I went last night and didn't enjoy it at all, it was great to see a few old mates in the griffin etc however we seem to have picked up a hell of a lot of fucking pricks in the last eighteen months. Yes I moved about the terrace to get away from fucking idiots shouting complete bollocks but they seemed everywhere. And to the bloke who wouldn't get out of my way when going to the toilet even after telling him I had just had a major operation you were lucky your mates saw sense and fucking moved you.
Was so excited this time yesterday on the train on the way up, now feel totally flat

Singing Chelsea songs and calling the ball boy big ears sums up some of our support.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:58:49 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:43:46 »

I'm pleased to say I've got no idea which songs are Chelsea's and which aren't.
kerry red

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:46:26 »

Jed did say that the embargo was in the hands of the clubs solicitors, and they never rush anything.

So the FL+solicitors=delays.

If that's the case, and the club are champing at the bit to sign some new players, would have thought they would be told to pull their fucking finger out
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:50:02 »

I'm pleased to say I've got no idea which songs are Chelsea's and which aren't.

They were literally just singing "Chelsea, Chelsea (repeat)" It was painful.

I'd guess 5 mins in the home end at Upton Park, Millwall or Leeds would be about long enough to give a bit of perspective on that.

Hence the 'most' in my post  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:04:11 »

If that's the case, and the club are champing at the bit to sign some new players, would have thought they would be told to pull their fucking finger out
Jed was interviewed pre game on Saturday and when asked about the transfer embargo he just said "its in the hand of the clubs solicitors" thats all he would say.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:08:29 »

I'm starting to wonder if the appearance of visible fitness issues in our squad is down not to a new training regime under K-Mac, so much as a side-effect of him inheriting a small squad he isn't able to add to, while Di Canio almost always had a large squad he would regularly rotate (and add to)?

Personally I think Macdonald has done as good a job as could be expected under the circumstances. The fact is he inherited:

-Huge expectations due to our position in the table
-A small squad still recovering from the loss of it's best player (something Di Canio didn't have to deal with very long before he gave up).
-A set of fans who offer fantastic support away but suck the life out of the legs of players at home (is it just a coincidence, the correlation between our relative success home and away and the support of our fans, or something more?).
-The job of a hugely charismatic manager who'd built up a cult of personality amongst the fans it would be impossible for any manager to replicate.
-The expectation of some of those fans nonetheless that he should be able to replicate it and if he doesn't he's an empty, passionless husk of a football manager.
-A time frame in which it is impossible to stamp any real authority on a team
-A transfer embargo.
-An incredibly tough run-in.

In the confusion of the last 3 months, I think some of our fans need to take all this back in and regain some perspective on what he's working with here. This is not the team Di Canio had at the turn of the year. However, relative to the standard of the division, it is still a decent team with a good chance of promotion. All we can do as fans is be united behind the team and give them the best chance possible.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:27:37 »

I'm starting to wonder if the appearance of visible fitness issues in our squad is down not to a new training regime under K-Mac, so much as a side-effect of him inheriting a small squad he isn't able to add to, while Di Canio almost always had a large squad he would regularly rotate (and add to)?

Personally I think Macdonald has done as good a job as could be expected under the circumstances. The fact is he inherited:

-Huge expectations due to our position in the table
-A small squad still recovering from the loss of it's best player (something Di Canio didn't have to deal with very long before he gave up).
-A set of fans who offer fantastic support away but suck the life out of the legs of players at home (is it just a coincidence, the correlation between our relative success home and away and the support of our fans, or something more?).
-The job of a hugely charismatic manager who'd built up a cult of personality amongst the fans it would be impossible for any manager to replicate.
-The expectation of some of those fans nonetheless that he should be able to replicate it and if he doesn't he's an empty, passionless husk of a football manager.
-A time frame in which it is impossible to stamp any real authority on a team
-A transfer embargo.
-An incredibly tough run-in.

In the confusion of the last 3 months, I think some of our fans need to take all this back in and regain some perspective on what he's working with here. This is not the team Di Canio had at the turn of the year. However, relative to the standard of the division, it is still a decent team with a good chance of promotion. All we can do as fans is be united behind the team and give them the best chance possible.

Good points. Easy to feel negative due to the manner of last nights defeat, but it's worth bearing in mind that with a few effective loan signings could reinvigorate the side and give us the lift we need.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:42:36 »

Good points. Easy to feel negative due to the manner of last nights defeat, but it's worth bearing in mind that with a few effective loan signings could reinvigorate the side and give us the lift we need.
That's the whole point though. By the time the embargo is lifted the loan window will be practically shut, thus reducing the quality of player available. We've known since PDC was still in charge that 2 or 3 quality loan additions would put us in with a big shout of automatic even with the loss of Ritchie, but here we are, 3 or 4 weeks down the line & we still can't sign anybody. Irrespective of who's fault it is it doesn't change the fact that from a fans perspective it's fucking frustrating.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 21:50:11 »

I heard a few of the texts read out on radio wilts last night. Why hodgets is reading out texts made at the start of the second half when the game is over i do not know. Likewise why they air the views of utter spastics makes my blood boil. Can't those fucking twats read it first?

Fans sounding off about the manager already,comaring him to Malpas and having no ambition etc. Fucking arseholes.
Still licking the arse of Di canio who fucked off as he wanted more players and could see we needed them. That is not the fault of Macdonald is it? He's inherited the squad that the former manager got upset about. He needs time and tools to do the job with.

whilst i agree with you that people are overreacting big time [as always].... KMac applied for the post, knowing what was known abt STFC, and thinking he could do a job.

Now if it turns out you cant do a job becos you're crap, you've basically fucked that football team/town over in yor misguided bigheadedness that led you to apply for the job.

So from that perspective, if he doesnt get it right, one can lay into him.

Eventually...

PDC is an almost impossible act to follow
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 21:52:44 »

Oh wow. So if you do badly in a job, any job at any level, you've fucked over your company and all your employers for being so arrogant enough to even think you could do the job in the first place.

That's a good one. I like that. I'm going to use that more often.

Things get better but they never get good
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 21:54:35 »

Don't disagree with any of that.  My earlier post was referring more to the underplaying of what PDC did do on the bench.  It doesn't need someone with "passion" arm waving at all.  What he did do though, was constantly relay "orders" onto the pitch, more so than any other manager I have witnessed.  To some extent he took away decision making from the players, left it basic - follow my instructions to the letter, and I'll shout at you if you forget or I think you need reminding again.  I can see how a player like Flint may struggle if that goes in the short term.

For all of our Managers, Ossie is the god for me.  How he managed to change the playing style so dramatically over one summer is beyond me - not just a change in formation or pattern that you could see, but transformed long ball chasers into silky passers as well.  I still don't understand how he did it, or how he couldn't then make a top career as a Manager from that start.

Yes it was incredible wasnt it ? What was the name of the 'right back' that he changed from a dodo into a swan ?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:31:51 »

Good old clayton sent off last night...two bookables the first for?......yes! Diving!

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:52:30 »

Where is Ardiles? Not seen him in a while.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:25:46 »

Probably on some beach in Argentina puffing on a camel....cigarette that is.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: