Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50620 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:45:06 »

I've heard it from somebody else that is usually on the money. They just put it down to rumour, but it seems that rumour is/was doing the rounds in circles close to the club.
What is the rumour? Is it that the board might possibly not be here at the end of the season because that could mean any number of things.
Flashheart

« Reply #421 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:50:04 »

There's been no confirmation or evidence that he actually is/intends to and I still think it's very unlikely.

The allegations were made very public. I can think of no reason why PDC or anybody would choose not to deny them. It does not make one iota of sense that he would choose to ignore them, he even threw a hissy fit when Watkins mentioned his hand grenade management.

It is easy and costless for him to say he has/had no intention of suing the club. So why hasn't he?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:53:42 »

The allegations were made very public. I can think of no reason why PDC or anybody would choose not to deny them. It does not make one iota of sense that he would choose to ignore them, he even threw a hissy fit when Watkins mentioned his hand grenade management.

It is easy and costless for him to say he has/had no intention of suing the club. So why hasn't he?
Would a PL club have employed him if he was involved in a legal case against his former club? I don't know but it could be that  any legal threat has been dropped since he got the job.
Flashheart

« Reply #423 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:54:07 »

What is the rumour? Is it that the board might possibly not be here at the end of the season because that could mean any number of things.

That somebody is interested in buying, possibly one of the other consortia that were interested before. There was no suggestion that the current lot are trying to get out per say, just that another party wants to buy them out.

As I said this came from somebody other than Banbury and somebody that tends to know stuff. They didn't seem to take it too seriously though.

Flashheart

« Reply #424 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 12:57:50 »

Would a PL club have employed him if he was involved in a legal case against his former club? I don't know but it could be that  any legal threat has been dropped since he got the job.

I would not consider employing somebody considering suing their previous employee and I expect many, many other people wouldn't either. Which again makes me think that he would have denied the allegations if they were not true, immediately, so as to not potentially harm his job prospects. Perhaps Sunderland thought it was worth the risk or simply disregarded it. Dunno.
Flashheart

« Reply #425 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 13:02:15 »

That somebody is interested in buying, possibly one of the other consortia that were interested before. There was no suggestion that the current lot are trying to get out per say, just that another party wants to buy them out.

As I said this came from somebody other than Banbury and somebody that tends to know stuff. They didn't seem to take it too seriously though.

Actually I think I just made up that bit in bold. I didn't hear that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #426 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 13:21:59 »

Incidentally the holding co have just filed docs at Companies House. There was a special resolution at a shareholders meeting to dis-apply pre-emption rights and to split the shares. Not sure of the significance in that (if any), maybe someone else might be able to comment.

Shares being offered to someone other than Jed. Could be one of the other directors, the mystery money man/men, or a new investor.
Shawnclose number1forward

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 13:24:17 »

Jed McCrory (24.75%)
 Steve Murrall (24.75%)
 Gary Hooper (24.75%)
 Callum Rice (24.75%)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 15:16:18 »

Duke of Banbury is making shit up to get a reaction.

There, I said it. You're all thinking it.

The Duke tends to have his finger on the pulse where these matters are concerned. If he's wrong, it would more than likely be the result of incorrect information than a case of shit-stirring. In my view something is clearly not right...the takeover doesn't pass the "smell-test", for what reasons we largely currently know not

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 15:23:13 »

Actually I think I just made up that bit in bold. I didn't hear that.

I would imagine it's quite probable though?  As has been mentioned previously, the only reason we were landed with Jed and Co, were because they were the only interested party who could meet Black's timescales.  Personally I think the whole thing started off as a bit of a laugh for them and suddenly they found themselves as owners of a football club and totally out of their depth.

We've heard absolutely nothing from them to put anyone's mind at rest, which you would have thought they'd have been keen to do.
Flashheart

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 15:29:59 »

I would imagine it's quite probable though?

Yep.

Which is probably why I ended up inadvertently making it up.

Of course though it's just rumour, for now at least.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 16:06:09 »

As i said a few weeks back he never had any intention of suing the club....in my opinion.

Just because he didn't deny it means zilch.

And if there was chance he was going to then i doubt the embargo would have been lifted.
Flashheart

« Reply #432 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 16:22:37 »

Just because he didn't deny it means zilch.

It means everything. The accusation is out there and he has not denied it.

What's more is that anybody would have to be extraordinarily stupid to create such a fallacy when it could so easily be denied. They would know that all PDC would have to do is deny the accusation and they are left looking like a bunch of lying cunts. If they did want to make something up, they'd find something else.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 16:37:36 »

Has Mr Venkman changed his username?   Hmmm

Was this aimed at me?  If so, what about my posts did you not understand/disagree with?  Rather than coming out with schoolboy shit like you have done with PV in the past try giving me some substance to respond to.

You can change the name, but it doesn't change the person behind the keyboard.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 17:03:10 »

How long before the crowd turns on Macdonald do we think ? A defeat to Crewe ?
Well if the guy behind me calling him a cunt at the top of his voice non stop at the end is anything to go on,not long
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: