Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Birchall  (Read 45148 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 16:14:05 »

Bargas was obviously a twat and fair play for fucking him off when we had the chance. I fucking hate Argies. I remember Ossie playing for Blackburn the year before he signed for us and I can still hear the shit that was being said to him ad he got subbed off.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 16:15:49 by Ironside » Logged

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 16:17:10 »

You fucking hate everyone though, so that's hardly a major point.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 16:59:30 »

Nothing to do with PDC.

We're a bigger club, with a bigger budget and better facilities.

Think you may be misunderstanding how the football world works Ralphy....in order to show "We're a bigger club, with a bigger budget and better facilities." you have to pay for it. 

What we're offering and what AFC are offering may not be too much different, so other factors come into consideration. 
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:07:03 »

He'd probably have more chance of being in the first team at Wimbledon

Don't think so. He would start out as our main first choice striker. I'm sure of that.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:35:17 »

Think you may be misunderstanding how the football world works Ralphy....in order to show "We're a bigger club, with a bigger budget and better facilities." you have to pay for it. 

What we're offering and what AFC are offering may not be too much different, so other factors come into consideration. 

Exactly. And we will pay for it.

Wimbledon won't be able to match our wage offer surely.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:39:45 »

Exactly. And we will pay for it.

Wimbledon won't be able to match our wage offer surely.

Dosn't work like that Ralphy in the basement,we will have a strict wage structure at this level.
I mean even teams like Crawley are having a laugh at us at present.
Birchall may prove an astute signing and i am not knocking him but the fact he is looking like one of our big signings speak volumes surely?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:42:26 »

Don't think so. He would start out as our main first choice striker. I'm sure of that.

He will start by default at the moment!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:46:01 »

He will start by default at the moment!

Absolutely. Nonetheless, if we do sign him, it will be as one of the two main strikers unlike De Vita who was signed as a back up.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:47:05 »

Dosn't work like that Ralphy in the basement,we will have a strict wage structure at this level.
Birchall may prove an astute signing and i am not knocking him but the fact he is looking like one of our big signings speak volumes surely?

Can you expand on that?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:47:36 »

Crawley are on the fiddle big style and the bubble will burst
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 17:54:37 »

Absolutely.  Crawley are operating on a completely unsustainable basis.  They will not be around for long at this level.

Back to Birchall.  I suppose Maidstone (where he lives) to Kingston is just about commutable...but personally, I would not want to be making a trip along a busy stretch of the M25 like that every day.  If he decides he needs to move anyway, the distance argument weakens.

Frankly, if PDC is not able to persuade a Conference South player to move to us over a recently promoted side playing in front of much smaller crowds in what is essentially a Non League ground, I'd be very surprised.  Not knocking Wimbledon, who I have an enormous amount of respect for - but if he is ambitious, we have to be the more exciting prospect.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:01:28 »

Totally agree-would be suprised and disappointed if Wimbledon can better our wages
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #87 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:05:17 »

They are?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:05:43 »

Bas Savage has been on trial with the Wombles and is waiting to hear if they'll take him on. Birchall could end up partnering him. Maybe someone should let him know, as I'm sure he'd prefer to partner our Brazilian ... or somebody.

I do, of course, mean let Birchall know. Still, if he opts for AFC we could screw things up and steal Savage.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:10:22 by wheretherealredsare » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:05:56 »

Can you expand on that?

Well how about dicking us 2-0 at our place to set up money spinning biggies v Derby and Man Utd.
Surely they had a nice chuckle at that....in the meantime reaping in big money because of those ties which allows them leeway...bookies make them hotter favourites than us,maybe another little chuckle....snatching Matt Tubbs for a pittance from our friends down the road for £70,000 and who is now worth three times that much ,in the process scoring against us.....maybe another chuckle then.

That enough for starters?
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:07:43 by leefer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: