Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Birchall  (Read 45035 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:12:43 »

Starter I would say. Not much development needed. Look at the above ^^^^^^

I've seen a lot of Conference South football and it is a very, very tough league with a lot of former FL players. To score that many goals at that level is no fluke. You have to be good. He will score and contribute for us. No doubt about it. Just sign on that dotted line Adam...
Ta. I know nothing about the standard of Conference South, hence the question.

Sounds like a give 100%er, which is a goof start.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:17:05 »

I was at the Conference South play off final this year between Farnborough and Ebbsfleet...and must admit I thought the standard was pretty poor.  A lot of the locals said the same, mind, so maybe not a representative game.  Either way, it is a fair step up...but Charlie A's step up was bigger still.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:28:54 »

I was at the Conference South play off final this year between Farnborough and Ebbsfleet...and must admit I thought the standard was pretty poor.  A lot of the locals said the same, mind, so maybe not a representative game.  Either way, it is a fair step up...but Charlie A's step up was bigger still.
Not every game is a classic, that's for sure. It's a hard league though. You don't get any time on the ball and you have to be able to look after yourself. As I said, 40+ goals at that level is exceptional.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:31:55 »

If true, I guess that means that Wycombe would cancel the loan arrangement and we pick up his wages?

Fucking hell, how much of a hypchondriac are you?  Broken hand would only rule out a proper bloke for a few weeks, surely?
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:37:10 »

Benyon is small and gets knocked off the ball easy, this Birchall seems a stronger chap.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:38:43 »

I was at the Conference South play off final this year between Farnborough and Ebbsfleet...and must admit I thought the standard was pretty poor.

Play off finals can be hit or miss.  Lets face it, we were pretty shite in our's.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:39:37 »

Benyon is small and gets knocked off the ball easy, this Birchall seems a stronger chap.

Yep, spot on.  Looks like it takes a lot to knock him off the ball.  Looks like he'd get more from outside the box than Benyon too.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:47:18 »

Don't all stab me at once, but he reminds me a bit of Cureton, you know, when he was trying for a bit, not th Yeovil miss obviously.  Short but made of decent stuff and able to hold of players, low centre of gravity meaning he can turn defenders and get on the wrong side of them.  Certainly knows where the goal is and the Arsenal upbringing must mean a decent touch and skill level.  Seems like he thought it would all just come to him at one point, hence his decline.  Good to se he has worked his socks off to get back up the leagues.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, July 9, 2011, 17:56:37 »

Don't all stab me at once, but he reminds me a bit of Cureton, you know, when he was trying for a bit, not th Yeovil miss obviously.  Short but made of decent stuff and able to hold of players, low centre of gravity meaning he can turn defenders and get on the wrong side of them.  Certainly knows where the goal is and the Arsenal upbringing must mean a decent touch and skill level.  Seems like he thought it would all just come to him at one point, hence his decline.  Good to se he has worked his socks off to get back up the leagues.

Nah stabbings was Ashokodi not Cureton  Cheesy
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 00:04:25 »

Gotta say... DEAD CHUFFED. Sounds like his attitude is A1 and having been in the FL before and dropped out he'll have a positive chip on his shoulder too ala Charlie. Hopefully it's welcome to the CG, Adam. Best of luck wee man.

So much for Wimbledon's assertions that PDC wouldn't be able to find his way around the lower leagues.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 00:06:33 by Mark Hanrahan » Logged

"Great save, Digby."
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 08:00:15 »

According to the Mongs on thisis there's been a late bid from Gillingham. Hopefully the fact our bid is cash up front should swing it our way (if true).
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 08:24:19 »

He would rather play for us methinks.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 08:47:30 »

Yeah i think that they dont really want to sell to Gillingham plus we can offer more money you would think. When you look at his FL record it isnt great but having said that James Constable was a similar situation when he joined the scum and he has done well for them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 08:54:31 »

Late bid from Gillingham?  Would imagine he appreciates his prospects would be better with us...but could be tempted by their offer if he wants to stay put in the area.  Hope I didn't jinx things with my first post.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 08:58:44 »

He's from Kent and has been managed by Hessenthaler so there's plenty of reasons why Birchall could choose Gillingham over Town (if indeed they've actually bid for him).

However, I'm more than sure that Dover will be happy to tell their friends at Priestfield to bugger off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: