Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96923 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:05:18 »

This Elliot Benyon fella, why would he want to play for Swindon Town ?

His name keeps being mentioned but surely other clubs must be looking?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:07:48 »

Well if Morrisson - the Millwall version - is valued at £4m, then Charlie has got to be in the £2m bracket.  But if anybody was watching him at Oldham or on Saturday they want to revise that down pretty sharpish.  Oh, and the rumour we were told on Saturday was Birmingham in the summer.

I wouldn't be opposed to that if i'm being honest. In the summer would give us enough time to get a decent replacement.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:10:24 »

Long as we get a decent amount...around 2million in my view i dont care when he goes.

Been great for the club....its time he moved on now..he aint happy.
nochee

« Reply #573 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:10:26 »

Im starting to believe that he he will stay till the end of the season.

Im retracting this statement  Bye
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #574 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:10:43 »

I gotta feeling he may wait until the summer aswell. Qpr and Saints are both interested so would imagine he will wait and see what leagues they are in unless the board accept before then from someone else.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:15:13 »

This topic is getting a large amount of guests looking at it. Would assume half the fans of clubs in The Championship are scanning or any inside gossip?

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:19:18 »

This Elliot Benyon fella, why would he want to play for Swindon Town ?

His name keeps being mentioned but surely other clubs must be looking?

Because we are financially stable, ambitious, high profile for a middle ranked L1 club, and probably have a new ground on the way. The only downside is we are a bit shit at the moment, but I'm confident that is temporary, and most ambitious up and coming players would see that, or at least have decent advisors to point that out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:20:22 »

This topic is getting a large amount of guests looking at it. Would assume half the fans of clubs in The Championship are scanning or any inside gossip?
In which case, I hope they all realise that it's well known round here that Charlie is a broken man since the secret of his weekends in Hungerford indulging in pre-op cross-dressing came out and has been heard to say he'll never be the same player again. So they may as well stop coveting him. Ta.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #578 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:20:45 »

Long as we get a decent amount...around 2million in my view i dont care when he goes.

With my old fashioned morals, bit ungrateful I call it
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:28:17 »

Me or Charlie Hmmm
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:30:39 »

Agree with you Leefer.  I was desperate for him to stay, but once a player's made their mind up and it certainly looks like he has, they need to be let go asap.  As much as it pains me to say it I do think all the attention has got to him a bit and he believes he's outgrown Swindon Town FC now.  Can't blame him when we're doing so poorly tbh, but still disappointing that he clearly seems to have lost interest.  

We'd have had a better chance of keeping hold of him until the summer if we were chasing something this season. It would have been far more difficult for him to turn his back on the possible glory of being in a promotion winning side than to walk away from the current situation we're in.  

My other concern is the distress my 7 year old is currently experiencing.  His favourite two players are/were Super Charlie Austin and Big Sean Morrison.  Bad times  Sad
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #581 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:31:37 »

You know what Dave i been thinking about this.At first i was really pissed off with him but now when i think about it this has to be both ways. The club have said numerous times that if the right bid comes along then they will sell.Sort of made me think its just about money from both sides really.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:35:06 »

Because we are financially stable, ambitious, high profile for a middle ranked L1 club, and probably have a new ground on the way. The only downside is we are a bit shit at the moment, but I'm confident that is temporary, and most ambitious up and coming players would see that, or at least have decent advisors to point that out.

I'll give you financially stable but are we ambitious? Really ?

Sorry i'm feeling very pessimistic tonight ! It's all this talk of Charlie leaving, Morrison leaving, division 4 football next season and we still don't have a chef for fucks sake !
nochee

« Reply #583 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:35:10 »

Does anybody on here know somebody who works for the adver? Apparently they have a CA story to release tomorrow. Could be worth a call.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 21:35:54 »

Agree with you Leefer.  I was desperate for him to stay, but once a player's made their mind up and it certainly looks like he has, they need to be let go asap.  As much as it pains me to say it I do think all the attention has got to him a bit and he believes he's outgrown Swindon Town FC now.  Can't blame him when we're doing so poorly tbh, but still disappointing that he clearly seems to have lost interest.  

We'd have had a better chance of keeping hold of him until the summer if we were chasing something this season. It would have been far more difficult for him to turn his back on the possible glory of being in a promotion winning side than to walk away from the current situation we're in.  

My other concern is the distress my 7 year old is currently experiencing.  His favourite two players are/were Super Charlie Austin and Big Sean Morrison.  Bad times  Sad

Think the dressing down Fitton gave him(according to the Adver) wouldn't have helped.
I read the article and i thought it was ok....was just honest.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: