Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96927 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 19:45:25 »

Austin will go and will be replaced by Barry Hayles

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 20:42:48 »

If we could then go out and buy Micky Nelson or Adam Barrett for half the fee then I'd do it tomorrow, but without a proper replacement lined up this shouldn't happen.

But we'd never sell a player without an adequate replacement lined up... Roll Eyes
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:15:28 »

I'd take even half of that - he would get destroyed in the Championship.

One thing I am guilty of is forgetting the lad only just turned 20. We'd be selling with a fee based on the potential rather than the current performance level.

He may never reach that potential, or may exceed it. who knows. But good luck to him if it turned out to be true.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:34:42 »

I was one of the hopeful fans who thought he'd sign a new contract and stay on until the end of the season, however i had a conversation at the weekend with someone who knows him personally and unfortunately he is looking to leave. Whats more i think the club aren't overly upset by this, as long as the money is good they're happy as he is turning out to be..... I'll say high maintenance to be polite. There have been one or two unreported off the field indiscretions, which have dogged him throughout his career, even at non-league level.
Cue the abuse, but this is fact i'm afraid, here's hoping that no decent bid comes in, at least until the summer anyway.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:43:04 »

He does give it the big 'I am'. If he was an opposing player I'd fucking hate him. A bit like Steve Claridge. Hate the fucker but would love him on your side.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:44:23 »

Yeah, the day he scores against us is the day I hate him. Because I can only imagine he WILL cup his ear or something...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Leroys mate

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:56:41 »

I'm a regular lurker and don't often feel the need to post comments, but fuck me are people really starting to moan about CA??? Can you blame the bloke for wanting to move on and better himself??  This bollocks about ego and high maintenance, i can't remember a player who put in as much effort or showed as much desire to play for STFC for years. Not to mention the fact that we would be fucked without his goals.
Some people have short memories.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:58:26 »

I'm a regular lurker and don't often feel the need to post comments, but fuck me are people really starting to moan about CA??? Can you blame the bloke for wanting to move on and better himself??  This bollocks about ego and high maintenance, i can't remember a player who put in as much effort or showed as much desire to play for STFC for years. Not to mention the fact that we would be fucked without his goals.
Some people have short memories.

No one on here is moaning?
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:58:55 »

agree, charlie's a gun
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 21:59:32 »

Yeah... I think we're all well aware where we'd be without him at the moment...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
gasha2

« Reply #310 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 22:20:02 »

Sounds to me like Charlie's been tapped up.

If you have a club who are reluctant to sell a player, you sneakily let him know via his agent what he could be earning
elsewhere. The player becomes "unsettled" and the club is pretty much forced to sell, because as we all know
"unsettled" players don't usually perform very well.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #311 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 22:20:38 »

I was one of the hopeful fans who thought he'd sign a new contract and stay on until the end of the season, however i had a conversation at the weekend with someone who knows him personally and unfortunately he is looking to leave. Whats more i think the club aren't overly upset by this, as long as the money is good they're happy as he is turning out to be..... I'll say high maintenance to be polite. There have been one or two unreported off the field indiscretions, which have dogged him throughout his career, even at non-league level.
Cue the abuse, but this is fact i'm afraid, here's hoping that no decent bid comes in, at least until the summer anyway.
It isn't fact at all though is it? It is bullshit rumours that maybe the club have heard of but it all stems from bullshit rumours.He want's to leave no doubt because every fucker thinks they know him or have some nice juicy gossip abouit him.

In the last 3 months some of the rumours have been nothing short of disgusting. I don't care if someone wants to remove this but let's look at some of the bollocks our so called fans have said.

He battered his missus
He caused her lose her baby
He takes drugs
He is a dealer
He is the most arrogant cunt ever,everyone i know who has met him disagrees.

The second one alone is enough to make anyone think about where they are playing.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 22:24:55 »

I fully agree, we would be in serious trouble without his goals and he simply cannot be faulted for his on the field performances, they have been nothing short of superb. The high maintenance thing, it really isn't some bollocks i've made up to put a slight on his name for some bizarre reason, no one could gain anything from something as pathetic as that! However he now has to have someone with him when goes out, to put fires out before they start as such. If you still don't believe what i'm saying then do some homework on the guy at previous clubs. I wasn't trying to start an argument, although everyone will have an opinion and rightfully so, i was told this information and thought i would share it.
gasha2

« Reply #313 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 22:26:56 »

I fully agree, we would be in serious trouble without his goals and he simply cannot be faulted for his on the field performances, they have been nothing short of superb. The high maintenance thing, it really isn't some bollocks i've made up to put a slight on his name for some bizarre reason, no one could gain anything from something as pathetic as that! However he now has to have someone with him when goes out, to put fires out before they start as such. If you still don't believe what i'm saying then do some homework on the guy at previous clubs. I wasn't trying to start an argument, although everyone will have an opinion and rightfully so, i was told this information and thought i would share it.

They say Andy Carroll is "high maintenance" at Newcastle. Doesn't mean they will offload him anymore than we will Charlie.

Let's face it, your average footballer is a mutant bell-end turd on a string. That's life.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 22:28:33 by gasha2 » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 22:28:21 »

who cares what he's like off the field (and training pitch)? this is football not some popularity contest
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: