Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie Austin  (Read 96921 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:02:57 »

Even though you have to be pretty naïve to have thought a move to a higher division wasn’t tempting him, it still makes my heart sink when for the first time I see him saying he wants to go
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:07:41 »

I take that story with a pinch of salt. Charlie is merely saying he wants to play at a higher level. He also says how much he enjoys being at the club in the meantime. So nothing new there then.
Mind you when you hear of that kid at Southampton being talked about in terms of 10 million, why would we be happy with 2 million for the leagues top scorer. I'd rather have CA in my team on a saturday thankyou. If we have to sell him, & I know we will have to sooner or later lets get the maximum we can.

From the Dark Side
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:09:40 »

Yep, the figures being talked about for Oxlade-Chamberlain are absolutely mental. The sad thing is it seems likely Liverpool will pay it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:16:17 »

SkySports.com is the sports news equivalent of 100 monkeys at a typewriter, throw enough shit transfer stories around and one of them will turn out right eventually. But most of it is unremitting bullshit. We're in the same place we were before - if someone offers enough money (and hopefully "enough" = "frankly ludicrous"), and the offer's right for him, he'll be off. If not, we'll keep him till the summer and then he'll be off. Everything else is just spin and bullshit. Especially if it's on Sky or in the tabs
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:18:32 »

I can be when I want to.  (And thanks!  Winston's always been my favourite.)

I had forgotten his name!

Still Game is brilliant but few people outside of Scotland will have seen it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:21:56 »

I take that story with a pinch of salt. Charlie is merely saying he wants to play at a higher level.

He is saying a lot more than that, i.e. disappointment at not having the chance to play for Hull.  I hate to think what his reaction would be if an offer from a more geographically friendly team gets turned down, i.e. QPR, etc.

Nothing positive comes from a player wishing he was somewhere else.

I’m in a negative mood generally today.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:25:05 »

You're assuming of course that he actually said that as opposed to SkySports made up some quotes on the back of a brief chat with his agent who's actually the one putting the story out there to try to stir some more interest.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:54:19 »

You're assuming of course that he actually said that as opposed to SkySports made up some quotes on the back of a brief chat with his agent who's actually the one putting the story out there to try to stir some more interest. I also love blowing goats.

I'm pretty sure you can't alter quotes and pass them off as somebody elses for your own amusement. That could get you in trouble, a source close to Batch said.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:59:52 »

It just sounds like he's putting himself in a bigger shop window to get interest from bigger clubs than Hull. It's what footballers do. It also has a good knock on effect for the club. Charlie is looking for a higher level of football and what comes with it...more money for his services.

All in all a pointless article!!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 12:00:25 »

By the looks of things, he said those comments directly to a sky sports reporter:

@SkySportsbucko: Swindon Town hot-shot Charlie Austin has spoken to skysports.com's @skysportspeteo about speculation surrounding his future. Austin is disappointed Swindon rejected an offer from Hull and he would be open to the prospect of discussing a move to a higher level.

Thats from the 'transfer clockwatch' on the sky sports website.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 12:10:10 »

He's evidently never spent time on Humberside...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #281 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 12:18:09 »

He's evidently never spent time on Humberside...

You're right, Hull has to be probably the 2nd worst place to live in England behind Middlesbrough.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 12:45:24 »

You're right, Hull has to be probably the 2nd worst place to live in England behind Middlesbrough.

Sppoky, I said to the the Mrs (who lived in Hull for a year) that Austin wasn't going to go to the biggest hellhole in Britain. She could only come up with Middlesborough as a worse place too.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 13:16:40 »

Unrelated but sky are saying reading are in for morrison too

Plastic cunts
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 13:23:44 »

Tweeted the new guy at the Adver, forget his name, for his thoughts on the story.

Apparently the interview took place a week ago and although the story is a bit exaggerated the quotes are genuine but nothing wrong with showing any ambition, there are still plenty of clubs enquiring about him however.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: