Pages: 1 ... 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226117 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #9075 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 14:30:03 »

Scotland have just announced no spectators at football from Boxing Day.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9076 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 14:43:40 »

Its complete nonsense isn't it. Scotland now following with no spectators at sports events for 3 weeks from Boxing day. Sure we will do similar post xmas. What was the point in getting double jabbed and having the booster? Surely the answer is to let fans attend as long as they have had the vaccines.
It’s just a constant changing of goalposts and it’s beyond frustrating now, we were told hospitalisations and deaths would be the measure and despite both being at their lowest levels for months we are still getting all this nonsense coming in. They openly admit they don’t know how it will effect a heavily vaccinated population so in the absence of info the assumption seems to be just assume the worst and pedal doom and gloom.  It’s starting to feel like we serve the NHS rather than it serving the population as it seems to be prioritise that and to hell with everything else.

I’ll openly admit I’ll defy any mixing restrictions and still see friends and family including in their houses and significant portion of population will do the same and government surely know that. My football team have said we’ll carry on training regardless as some of the older players have really struggled to get back into it and get their match fitness back and they don’t want to be back in that position again.

This time with such high levels of vaccinations and what not the benefit of restrictions is much less but the cost is still the same and they will basically just be punishing people and business for minimal benefit IMO. Other than a few more people getting boosters what’s actually going to change in the next few weeks? Once under tighter restrictions what’s actually going to change in the near term to allow them to be relaxed?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9077 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 15:09:19 »

Either do a full bastard lockdown or do nothing. I hate the half measures, where groups are discouraged in some situations but not others.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9078 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 15:54:51 »

It’s just a constant changing of goalposts and it’s beyond frustrating now,

Agree there, though obviously new variants take time to work out.

we were told hospitalisations and deaths would be the measure and despite both being at their lowest levels for months we are still getting all this nonsense coming in]

The worry isn't about now, its about 2-4 weeks time. If you act then you are too late by a mile.
I'm not saying their modelling or approach is right though.

They openly admit they don’t know how it will effect a heavily vaccinated population so in the absence of info the assumption seems to be just assume the worst and pedal doom and gloom.
I thought they a booster + 2 jabs was extremely effective?

It’s starting to feel like we serve the NHS rather than it serving the population as it seems to be prioritise that and to hell with everything else.
But what's the alternative? Just let people suffer at home because the beds are full?

I’ll openly admit I’ll defy any mixing restrictions and still see friends and family including in their houses and significant portion of population will do the same and government surely know that.
Ditto!

This time with such high levels of vaccinations and what not the benefit of restrictions is much less but the cost is still the same and they will basically just be punishing people and business for minimal benefit IMO. Other than a few more people getting boosters what’s actually going to change in the next few weeks? Once under tighter restrictions what’s actually going to change in the near term to allow them to be relaxed?
Good questions.

On the boosters, it takes 2 weeks to become maximum strength - so I can see why they are trying to buy time. But at what point do we say 'we can do no more'.

We are all pissed off with things.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9079 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 16:00:57 »

But what's the alternative? Just let people suffer at home because the beds are full?

Just a small thing, beds aren't the problem, if they were the nightingale hospitals would have worked instead of being a massive money wasting PR effort! Its vacancies which are buggering up the NHS, there are now getting on for 100k vacancies in the NHS, added to which they are dropping like flies (like everyone else is) with Omicron.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9080 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 16:08:50 »

well yes ok, attended beds
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #9081 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 06:35:48 »

Just read on BBC news that the elderly and vulnerable will be offended a 4th jab. Wonder once we’ve had 6 jabs we get a free hot drink like Greggs do?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9082 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 06:42:12 »

So it’s at least 6 weeks since Omicron and hospitalisations in London - with by far the highest Omicron rate - have remained the same at around 700.

Those who have been infected have reported symptoms as a croaky cough and a runny nose. That’s a fucking cold!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9083 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 08:31:27 »

Its looking cautiously optimistic at the moment.

Bi early to say "Phew" and carry on though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9084 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 08:54:28 »

So it’s at least 6 weeks since Omicron and hospitalisations in London - with by far the highest Omicron rate - have remained the same at around 700.

Those who have been infected have reported symptoms as a croaky cough and a runny nose. That’s a fucking cold!

Which if true, and again I'm not speaking with a scientific or medical background suggests that whilst the virus is far more transmissible, it sounds like it could be weakening given the latest variant in theory sounds far less deadly than Delta?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9085 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:23:56 »

Dropping isolation period from 10 days down to 7 whilst all this time they've told us were contagious for up to 10 days. 

So, give no fucks
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #9086 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:25:16 »

Just a small thing, beds aren't the problem, if they were the nightingale hospitals would have worked instead of being a massive money wasting PR effort! Its vacancies which are buggering up the NHS, there are now getting on for 100k vacancies in the NHS, added to which they are dropping like flies (like everyone else is) with Omicron.

Well they could be. For example GWH had 80 patients bed blocking in the last few weeks, ready to go home but nowhere to send them as no care package could be arrange as no capacity/staff/care homes . That's the issue that always affects the NHS
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9087 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:27:49 »

Well, given that the Common Cold is a Coronavirus, that wouldn't be an unexpected path for this to eventually take.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9088 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:34:13 »

I see France have said they aren’t going to bother to try and slow the pace of the spread as they say it is too contagious for any major restrictions to make a difference, they are just focusing on their own booster programme. Hopefully we continue to pursue that path.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #9089 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:54:28 »

Dropping isolation period from 10 days down to 7 whilst all this time they've told us were contagious for up to 10 days. 

You should be more worried about STI’s than Covid with your antics.
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: