Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226115 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3270 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:10:06 »

Why I agree that it was playing with numbers, that was the agreed approach. They do decide the approach but it was set out from the start. 

So I'm not quite sure "fakery" is really the right way to define it.

If you have a target set for something to be done by the 30th, and in all your releases up to the 29th you are counting one thing, and then you change what you are counting on the 30th, that's just fucking faking bullshit.

The mental gymnatics to be a fucking Tory apolagist is amazing at the best of fucking times. Right now though, I applaud your top level brain yoga.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3271 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:20:17 »

If you have a target set for something to be done by the 30th, and in all your releases up to the 29th you are counting one thing, and then you change what you are counting on the 30th, that's just fucking faking bullshit.

The mental gymnatics to be a fucking Tory apolagist is amazing at the best of fucking times. Right now though, I applaud your top level brain yoga.

Did you actually read what I wrote? Can you please show me that it actually happened that way?

I didn't actually vote Tory at the last election... 

Your government bashing along with the loony left on here is quite something. 
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3272 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:22:35 »

Are you including PaulD as loony left? I reckon that puts you somewhere right of the BNP. He's 'sensible' centerist dad guardian reading cunt at best. Personally? I'd send you straight to a fucking gulag.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3273 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:27:28 »

Are you including PaulD as loony left? I reckon that puts you somewhere right of the BNP. He's 'sensible' centerist dad guardian reading cunt at best. Personally? I'd send you straight to a fucking gulag.

Haha

Ignore
« Reply #3274 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:32:20 »

I'm jumping the gun here but if the public's interpretation of 'stay alert' is as bad as 'stay at home' has been then this isn't going to go too well. This weekend has been quite an eye opener to the selfishness and stupidity of a sizeable amount of the British public. Trusting them to do the right thing just isn't going to happen I fear.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3275 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:35:32 »

If you swapped England with East Berlin, our window twitchers would make the Stasi look like fucking amatuers.
Valid Pint

« Reply #3276 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:37:58 »

I'm jumping the gun here but if the public's interpretation of 'stay alert' is as bad as 'stay at home' has been then this isn't going to go too well. This weekend has been quite an eye opener to the selfishness and stupidity of a sizeable amount of the British public. Trusting them to do the right thing just isn't going to happen I fear.
Maybe those under 70, without existing health conditions, in areas with low numbers of cases looked at & considered the statistics and made a call on that.

Ignore
« Reply #3277 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:42:31 »

Maybe those under 70, without existing health conditions, in areas with low numbers of cases looked at & considered the statistics and made a call on that.
In doing so highlights how stupid and selfish they are.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #3278 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:47:45 »

In doing so highlights how stupid and selfish they are.

Agreed just look at South Korea at how its spreading so easy.

The resurgence followed a small but growing coronavirus outbreak centred around a handful of Seoul nightclubs, which a man in his late 20s had visited before testing positive for the virus.

At least 15 people were traced to that man as of Friday, and 14 of the 26 cases were reported from Seoul on Sunday, although the KCDC did not specify how many were linked.

If these people then visit over 70's or people with existing health problems...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3279 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:49:49 »

After 7 weeks and with other countries coming out of the lockdown it was inevitable that people would flout it the moment they had nice weather and an excuse. Short of getting the army roaming the streets aka Martial Law which is the worst possible idea there’s not much else that can be done. A slow phased exit plan that keeps the public on side is the only real option now.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3280 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:54:12 »

After 7 weeks and with other countries coming out of the lockdown it was inevitable that people would flout it the moment they had nice weather and an excuse. Short of getting the army roaming the streets aka Martial Law which is the worst possible idea there’s not much else that can be done. A slow phased exit plan that keeps the public on side is the only real option now.

Just look at the state of the media over the last week. Lock down's going to be eased on Monday! Lock down is going to last until June!

It's a deliberate plan to push the blame away from the government's terrible handling.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3281 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 12:56:12 »

Just look at the state of the media over the last week. Lock down's going to be eased on Monday! Lock down is going to last until June!

It's a deliberate plan to push the blame away from the government's terrible handling.
I think the media have shown themselves more than capable of doing that themselves & would do anything to sell stories over the last couple of months.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3282 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 13:33:47 »

Agree to some extent, but it's far too early to start exiting lockdown. Lockdown is working, we may have passed the peak in deaths, but new cases are not decreasing, they are plateaued at c5000 new cases a day. We are very far from having it under control. We were far too slow to enter lockdown and we have paid the price with the worst death toll in Europe. If we leave too quickly, the results will be just as disastrous
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3283 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 13:52:18 »

This new slogan and the countries general dimness mixing together can only end one way i reckon
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #3284 on: Sunday, May 10, 2020, 13:59:25 »

Agree to some extent, but it's far too early to start exiting lockdown. Lockdown is working, we may have passed the peak in deaths, but new cases are not decreasing, they are plateaued at c5000 new cases a day. We are very far from having it under control. We were far too slow to enter lockdown and we have paid the price with the worst death toll in Europe. If we leave too quickly, the results will be just as disastrous
The problem is short of getting the army roaming the streets how to we keep the lockdown going as it was with many now flouting it. The army on the streets would mean compliance by fear and end in disaster IMO.
So the alternative is a very slowly phased exit to try and keep the general public on board.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: