Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon - Night Out  (Read 9980 times)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 14:04:27 »

but its not a nite club any more is it? didnt someone get raped and they lost there licence??
Where do people go now? The Navy Tavern?? MING!!!
Could always go to Nam buds!!
Yeah it's still a nightclub, but a bar during the week. Someone did get raped which is why they had to give it a new name (Buds Bar) etc
The Tavern has also just had a re-vamp, opened again yesterday, and so coincidently has Chippenham Buds.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 14:10:57 »

Oh yeah cause downstairs in Nam has been shut for yonks (not that I go there or anything-  Embarrassed whoopsee!!)

God I remember in the Navy Tavern once (god I sound like Reg!) and this horrid girl pulled a mooney and she had a full on anal beard - that vision has stayed with me for ever  Puke
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 14:12:13 »

Rouge is no more.

Foxys then?
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 17:09:34 »

Does anyone remmber D & D. Fuck me that place was flithy!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 17:40:32 »

Oh yeah cause downstairs in Nam has been shut for yonks (not that I go there or anything-  Embarrassed whoopsee!!)

God I remember in the Navy Tavern once (god I sound like Reg!) and this horrid girl pulled a mooney and she had a full on anal beard - that vision has stayed with me for ever  Puke

Are you sure you weren't looking at her front bottom JFW....or perhaps she was a he?

In a rich and varied life, which has contained encounters with some birds who might be described as hirsute, I've yet to meet one with a fully hairy arse.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 17:47:33 »

Does anyone remmber D & D. Fuck me that place was flithy!

Yes got stuck to the floor but £12.00 all you can drink Wednesdays were ace!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 19:29:37 »

I can never beat Wheatsheaf/Donkey/Vic for a top Friday/Saturday night out.

I hate places with dress codes.

That takes me back (about 10 years).  I used to love all those places.  The Roaring Donkey is possibly the smallest pub I've ever been to with a pool table.

Going back a little further, I remember going out in Old Town when I first started drinking.  I was 16 or 17, so this would have been about 1989, 1990.  Back then, there wasn't much of a town centre drinking option.  The town centre was dead.  Old Town was pretty much all there was.

But the clubs were mostly in the town centre, so I remember many evenings where we would start off in the Steam Railway or the Wheatsheaf and then walk down the hill at around 10pm to Hardings or the Brunel Rooms...and Victoria Road was packed.  There would be hundreds of other people all doing the same thing.

The other thing I remember (and I'm fairly sure that my memory isn't playing tricks with me here) was that the bloke dress code for the clubs was often a shirt and tie.  Seriously, am I remembering this correctly?  Because I honestly seem to remember most of the Victoria Hill exodus wearing shirts and ties.  Maybe I was hallucinating.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 20:14:53 »

See this post

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,31629.0.html

"If you are underage or 18-19 or a chav, want to get glassed, or get in a fight or are looking for an easy sh*g then the bottom of Town is the best bet.

If you are over 19 and don't fancy a ruck or getting glassed, and want to see better looking girls (although you won't see their heads as they are so far up their own arse) then Old Town is the best place to go."

Sorry but that's bollocks........But i'm sure you're fishing for a bite.....

Like has been said, Sir Dans is a great place to start the night. Cheap drinks, nice venue, cheesy music, but that's all good on a night out. Then Walkabout is just a few yards down the 'road' so headin there for a few is always worthwhile. Otherwise, the places stated by FB, are a good shout

Have a gooden buddy!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 20:17:44 »

Studio is also closed, which is a good thing so I'm told. I've never been there, well not since it changed from Mission anyway.
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 21:09:45 »

Just tear it up in Liquid. It's your 18th ffs, don't listen to these buggers trying to send you elsewhere. Get off your tits in the Sir Danny Arms, a few Jager-bombs in the Walkabout opposite then stumble into a proper nightclub i.e. Liquid.

Shirt and shoes at weekends.

What he said .....  I don't think that Old Town in the best place to go for your 18th as it can be expensive in places.
DMR

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 21:24:07 »

I wouldn't worry about "expensive" on your 18th. Think I did about 350 quid for the day.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 22:36:38 »

That takes me back (about 10 years).  I used to love all those places.  The Roaring Donkey is possibly the smallest pub I've ever been to with a pool table.

Going back a little further, I remember going out in Old Town when I first started drinking.  I was 16 or 17, so this would have been about 1989, 1990.  Back then, there wasn't much of a town centre drinking option.  The town centre was dead.  Old Town was pretty much all there was.

But the clubs were mostly in the town centre, so I remember many evenings where we would start off in the Steam Railway or the Wheatsheaf and then walk down the hill at around 10pm to Hardings or the Brunel Rooms...and Victoria Road was packed.  There would be hundreds of other people all doing the same thing.

The other thing I remember (and I'm fairly sure that my memory isn't playing tricks with me here) was that the bloke dress code for the clubs was often a shirt and tie.  Seriously, am I remembering this correctly?  Because I honestly seem to remember most of the Victoria Hill exodus wearing shirts and ties.  Maybe I was hallucinating.

Thats pretty much all spot on ardiles. shirt and tie was a must, thats why we always went to level 3. i remember vic hill always being packed, i think im still barred from rudis.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 22:52:30 »

It's just that The Tavern now, The Navy bit must have gone years ago cause I dont remember it Cheesy
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 20:44:33 »

Are there any strip clubs in Swindon any more?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 28, 2008, 20:45:25 »

Foxes and Rouge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: