Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 109527 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #435 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 10:27:01 »

Another gem from our 'hero'!   Cheesy

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/sport/13618409.Stewart_to_finally_get_his_move_to_Town/

He has mostly just copied another journo's article but this bit is priceless:

"The Glentoran forward has been literally back and forth between Belfast and Swindon, with deal swinging from on to off and back to on again all week."

Just how many trips has Stewart actually made, Tom?  I'm guessing one single trip so far.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 10:30:41 »

Another gem from our 'hero'!   Cheesy

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/sport/13618409.Stewart_to_finally_get_his_move_to_Town/

He has mostly just copied another journo's article but this bit is priceless:

"The Glentoran forward has been literally back and forth between Belfast and Swindon, with deal swinging from on to off and back to on again all week."

Just how many trips has Stewart actually made, Tom?  I'm guessing one single trip so far.

YOu can almost play spot the difference...

The original
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football-news/jordan-stewart-ready-to-realise-lifelong-dream-by-signing-for-swindon-town-on-friday-morning-1-6916560

The Adver
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 10:43:12 »

He's on that plane hourly.. the fucking lunatic.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #438 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 10:43:45 »

I've done a fair bit of proof-reading/editing for SEO copy companies, and Bassam is about the standard I'd expect from a Filipino earning $5/hour. Perhaps not even that.
DRS

« Reply #439 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 10:45:42 »

The sad fact is it will be people like Sam who bare the brunt of Tom Bassam acting the total cunt
Barry Scott

« Reply #440 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 11:01:41 »

What a shit stirring bellend. Power must be itching to share info with children like him.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 11:30:24 »

When did the TEF get this precious? You all seem to be queuing up to give the Adver a spanking because they dare to criticise our great leader, and to get all Lynne Truss about a couple of small typos that could have been found in any Adver article since the birth of the internet.

Our great leader was clearly readier than you lot to accept some negative press coverage. Bring it on I say. A lot more interesting than the usual bland fodder a loyal local press has to churn out.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 11:32:35 »

I've done a fair bit of proof-reading/editing for SEO copy companies, and Bassam is about the standard I'd expect from a Filipino earning $5/hour. Perhaps not even that.

He is particularly poor but, to be fair, the Adver don't pay much more..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 11:38:05 »

When did the TEF get this precious? You all seem to be queuing up to give the Adver a spanking because they dare to criticise our great leader, and to get all Lynne Truss about a couple of small typos that could have been found in any Adver article since the birth of the internet.

Our great leader was clearly readier than you lot to accept some negative press coverage. Bring it on I say. A lot more interesting than the usual bland fodder a loyal local press has to churn out.

They would be taken more seriously if they could spell, or construct a sentence. If that's sloppy, how are people meant to take articles seriously? Get the small things right, and gain some credibility. Easy to do.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 11:55:04 »

They would be taken more seriously if they could spell, or construct a sentence. If that's sloppy, how are people meant to take articles seriously? Get the small things right, and gain some credibility. Easy to do.

Didn't have you down as such a stickler Sutton. I saw nothing more than a couple of very minor typos, just like I've seen in articles by Sam, Gary Rose or any other local journo over the years. Not to mention daily on the largest national news sites. Looks to me like people scrabbling around to bash the Adver for any reason they can find. I don't really get what they've done to upset people this much.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #445 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 11:58:29 »

For me, being involved in the industry, I just can't get my head round poorly constructed stories, bad grammar and just all round poor writing. I'm no wordsmith on here and make typos all the time, but to publish stories in the state some of the Adver's (and ASD's for that matter) is shoddy, no question.

Genuinely can't remember the last time I checked the Adver's site and found a good, original story well written.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 12:13:13 »

Didn't have you down as such a stickler Sutton. I saw nothing more than a couple of very minor typos, just like I've seen in articles by Sam, Gary Rose or any other local journo over the years. Not to mention daily on the largest national news sites. Looks to me like people scrabbling around to bash the Adver for any reason they can find. I don't really get what they've done to upset people this much.

Minor typo's... parts of it doesn't even make sense - I assume he just cannot be bothered to proof his work before he presses go - which immediately makes one wonder if he approaches all his work in such a considered and thorough manner?

FWIW there is blame on both sides in this ongoing spat, but Bassam has managed to wring quite a bit of coverage in the national media out of it and may yet get his move to the big time on the back of being the spirited journalist of Wiltshire fighting against the oppression of the free media (perhaps the pain of fighting this battle explains why he hasn't the time to do such basic things as proof reading!) - but when he blatantly just doesn't give a shit about what he publishes why should we take it any more seriously.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 12:17:07 »

I can be, write it in Klingon I wouldn't bat an eyelid, and it doesn't bother me on here with it. But I expect a pro to be a pro if you see what I mean.
Flashheart

« Reply #448 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 12:37:46 »

Anti-adver sentiment was growing even when Fitton was here, it is by no means a new development that started long before 'our dear leader' was on the scene. I remember Sam coming into rather a lot of stick when he was there, partly because of misleading headlines that he was not responsible for. Any accusations that current sentiments is purely in defence of Power is demonstrably bullshit. They seem to have taken a turn somewhere toward being more tabloid-esque and many have noticed it. It's not just the sports section either, I often notice 'what is the world coming to' type pieces on their FB page. A few of their people have been leaving recently also. That could just be coincidence, or it could suggest that things are not all well at Adver towers.

Sam's a good Journo and now they've lost him, they've replaced him with Bassam who seems to be lazy and/or incompetent. I get the impression that he just goes to the office and waits for somebody to give him a story. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get. That could explain why he is kicking off the loudest about this press ban* kerfuffle whereas others like Sam have voiced their disapproval, yet employed a 'let's get on with it' attitude. (*even Morshead agrees that the term 'press ban' is misleading.)

I'm baffled at the defence of the consistently piss-poor spelling and grammar. It's a core aspect of their job, spelling and grammar is a large part of what they are paid to do. It's their fucking job for crying out loud. What's more is that people have been complaining about it for some time yet still it continues. Do they not follow up on what their customers think? Do they just not care? Or are they just too incompetent to do anything about it? It should be majorly embarrassing for them that they can't even get the basics right yet I get the impression that they just could not give a flying one.

Fuck them. There are far better options out there.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 13:18:25 »

Flashheart really hits the nail on the head!!  The paper is very poor now, glaring errors - like putting last weeks television programmes in three times before they even notice - and are now taking to making stories out of adverts that appear occasionally for solicitors appealing for info for deceased people to wind up their estates.  Another thing that really pisses me off is that they will find out that "Downtown Mother Union" is meeting in mid-October and repeat the story about six times before the end of August.  Cheap and poor journalism at it's worst in my opinion.  Bassam is a donkey but no worse than some of the other journos working up Vic Hill!!  And that's not even considering the glaring typos and grammar mistakes they make on a daily basis - perhaps we should start a thread to highlight every one we see!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: