Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108174 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Friday, August 7, 2015, 18:57:06 »

Did he get his words mixed up?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Friday, August 7, 2015, 22:32:32 »

Did he get his words mixed up?
Is anyone else starting to get really tired of all the moaning and the hard done by act from all the local journalists on Twitter about the lack of pre-match interviews..... Let's be honest that's all it is, it's not a press ban.
I've had to unfollow Moreshead and Bassam on Twitter as they are acting like a bunch of spoilt school kids on there constantly having a dig at the club. I'd say they are actually starting to embarrass themselves now and it's hardly likely to improve relations is it?!
I look forward to the season starting tomorrow and solely being concerned about the on the pitch stuff for a while!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Friday, August 7, 2015, 23:30:22 »

I can see why Sam is pissed, he's a fan and done lots of donkey work over the years, but I tend to agree, time to get the game upped and stop moaning, and prove the club wrong, and get those stories out, by whatever it takes. Losing a pre match interview doesn't matter in the long run.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 00:28:49 »

Having read Bassam's ill-timed and ill-judged article this morning, i definitely agree and will be removing the Advertiser from my 'favourites' list. It is pathetic, whatever the rights or wrongs of Power's actions.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 07:49:39 »

I can see why Sam is pissed off, he's a fan and done lots of donkey work over the years, but I tend to agree, time to get the game upped and stop moaning, and prove the club wrong, and get those stories out, by whatever it takes. Losing a pre match interview doesn't matter in the long run.

Sorry Sutton.  But every time I see this, I will correct you.

Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 07:50:36 »

That Tanswell character does it too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 08:11:29 »

Is anyone else starting to get really tired of all the moaning and the hard done by act from all the local journalists on Twitter

nope
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 08:15:42 »

Sorry Sutton.  But every time I see this, I will correct you.

Smiley

That's not funny, Sam probably is pissed. What else is there to do now he can't get interviews?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 08:34:34 »

I can see why Sam is pissed, he's a fan and done lots of donkey work over the years, but I tend to agree, time to get the game upped and stop moaning, and prove the club wrong, and get those stories out, by whatever it takes. Losing a pre match interview doesn't matter in the long run.
Exactly but it is easier and cheaper for the Advertiser to just play the spurned party, bleat about press freedom and save sending anyone from Oxford.

It's like the nationals and the present gagging order regarding the sportsman and the celeb, it's all over the Internet but that's not stopping the press running multiple stories about press freedom.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 09:05:56 »

That Tanswell character does it too.

Eh?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 09:28:27 »

That's not funny, Sam probably is pissed. What else is there to do now he can't get interviews?
At the time he wrote it last night, he was probably right.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, August 8, 2015, 09:51:30 »

I certainly was Smiley
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 11:31:20 »

A mention of ban on Spotsweek with Garry Richardson on Radio 5 this morning. Apparently he used to report on Swindon in the 70's and would go and have a cuppa with Danny Williams.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, August 9, 2015, 12:10:29 »

Is anyone else starting to get really tired of all the moaning and the hard done by act from all the local journalists on Twitter about the lack of pre-match interviews..... Let's be honest that's all it is, it's not a press ban.
I've had to unfollow Moreshead and Bassam on Twitter as they are acting like a bunch of spoilt school kids on there constantly having a dig at the club. I'd say they are actually starting to embarrass themselves now and it's hardly likely to improve relations is it?!
I look forward to the season starting tomorrow and solely being concerned about the on the pitch stuff for a while!

Nope. You might have to get used to some negative press, and I think you're misplacing the blame.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2015, 12:01:09 »

It's a shame on this press ban, usually the press would have had news on the new directors, not having to read it in the programme to report it, they would know about players signing new contracts, they would know about new players on trial  joining.....such a shame

Interesting quote I read from Sam the last few weeks in that he put in a request to stfc about a lead he had picked up about interest in a player if memory serves correct, and not hearing anything back, then a few hours later found that all of a sudden it had been leaked to BBRS.

Does make you wonder if there is an agenda at the club against the written press but htye are happy with the radio as Shaun does not ask any awkward questions he's happy to take their line.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: