Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108125 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #480 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:18:27 »

Is anyone else on here sufficiently angry to want to do something about this?

No.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:29:43 »

Three local media outlets are creating daily content on the club.  What exactly is the fucking problem?  And any fan (clout or no clout, and who has clout and over who?) contacted by a friend of a friend of Power can tell them where to go if they like, no words can prevent them from expressing an opinion unless they were making comments close to libel.

And no, not even remotely irritated.  If people didn't keep making an issue I wouldn't even have noticed if I am being honest.
REDBUCK

« Reply #482 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:52:51 »

This, this and more this
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:53:30 »

Three local media outlets are creating daily content on the club.  What exactly is the fucking problem?  And any fan (clout or no clout, and who has clout and over who?) contacted by a friend of a friend of Power can tell them where to go if they like, no words can prevent them from expressing an opinion unless they were making comments close to libel.

And no, not even remotely irritated.  If people didn't keep making an issue I wouldn't even have noticed if I am being honest.

Is clout something you earn by buying tickets via the online ticket office?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 11:31:59 »

No.

OK just me that's bothered enough to think this is damaging the club and wants to do something about it then. See if you feel the same if attendances continue to struggle around the 7k mark or less, in part because of the reduced positive media coverage. But maybe those most affected are only "plastics" anyway.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 11:49:54 »

I'm astonished people can't see why this is dangerous. Let's put it in a context then. When we were all (or most of us) engaged in the Trust protests/orange hat stuff against Diamandis, that didn't just happen overnight. It started out as a few people expressing a bit of disquiet, then more loudly why Diamandis was worrying, then grew into some public meetings, then the orange hat thing and mushroomed from there. I was always quite astonished that Diamandis and co didn't just ban me, Tony, Andy and a few others from the ground and revoke our season tickets right from the outset. Because even if it hadn't stopped us, it would have discouraged a lot of other people from joining in and we'd never have gained the momentum we did. And that's the path Power's headed down.

Now, hopefully Power's no Diamandis. But we don't know that do we? There was no indication of the rot below the surface when Diamandis' consortium were first in charge, most people found Bob Holt likeable, approachable and convincing. Me included. It was only when he'd been around a few years and thanks to the persistent digging of the likes of Tony and Andy that the reality started to emerge. And, as a fanbase, we were able to do something about it. Will we be able to if Power takes a nasty turn? Or, given the persistent "Oh, well, fuck it, doesn't affect me" attitude that's characterised much of the comment on this issue, would we even bother?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 11:55:18 »

What an arrogant tool.

Sorry if I gave that impression. I didn't mean I was a more proper fan at all. Less of one, if anything.

What I meant was that I think it's the occasional fans that risk turning up less often as an effect of the club's press policy.

Don't think the personal abuse is necessary. Reminds me of the last time you used it against me, when we disagreed over di Canio. Can we just agree to differ without the name-calling?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 11:57:41 »

If attendances continue to struggle around the 7k mark or less
Whatever happened our attendance are going to be around 7k this season regardless due to a northern division and poor away followings. It's only really the odd bumper crowd that's increased our average in previous seasons.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 11:59:10 »

OK just me that's bothered enough to think this is damaging the club and wants to do something about it then. See if you feel the same if attendances continue to struggle around the 7k mark or less, in part because of the reduced positive media coverage. But maybe those most affected are only "plastics" anyway.
We've played two games so far including a Tuesday night match versus Port Vale and are averaging 7558 so hardly hovering around the 7000 or less. Power has already stated that season ticket sales are up slightly and seems very happy to talk to Wiltshire radio. These comments are then used by the Adver and Totalsport in their articles. I'm more than happy with that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #489 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 12:00:35 »

It's nigh impossible for anyone to comment without knowing what was said on social media or in response by the club - its little more than heresay at the moment. It's also a little odd that this hasn't come out on social media previously?
Flashheart

« Reply #490 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 12:01:30 »

Sorry if I gave that impression. I didn't mean I was a more proper fan at all. Less of one, if anything.

What I meant was that I think it's the occasional fans that risk turning up less often as an effect of the club's press policy.

Don't think the personal abuse is necessary. Reminds me of the last time you used it against me, when we disagreed over di Canio. Can we just agree to differ without the name-calling?

I don't know why you feel the need to go back to a comment I deleted some 20 minutes or so ago. I misread what you wrote, it happens when one has a 2 year old playing up.
Amir

« Reply #491 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 12:07:32 »

I'm astonished people can't see why this is dangerous. Let's put it in a context then. When we were all (or most of us) engaged in the Trust protests/orange hat stuff against Diamandis, that didn't just happen overnight. It started out as a few people expressing a bit of disquiet, then more loudly why Diamandis was worrying, then grew into some public meetings, then the orange hat thing and mushroomed from there. I was always quite astonished that Diamandis and co didn't just ban me, Tony, Andy and a few others from the ground and revoke our season tickets right from the outset. Because even if it hadn't stopped us, it would have discouraged a lot of other people from joining in and we'd never have gained the momentum we did. And that's the path Power's headed down.

Now, hopefully Power's no Diamandis. But we don't know that do we? There was no indication of the rot below the surface when Diamandis' consortium were first in charge, most people found Bob Holt likeable, approachable and convincing. Me included. It was only when he'd been around a few years and thanks to the persistent digging of the likes of Tony and Andy that the reality started to emerge. And, as a fanbase, we were able to do something about it. Will we be able to if Power takes a nasty turn? Or, given the persistent "Oh, well, fuck it, doesn't affect me" attitude that's characterised much of the comment on this issue, would we even bother?

I would have thought most can see it might be indicative of something worse, while in and of itself being a bit of a non-issue(for them).

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #492 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 12:40:45 »

But reading the Total Sport piece again this morning it still tries to play the 'media freedom' angle again. It is rather a tenuous link to get from the club stopping drip feeding stories to the local media to this being some manner of attack on the free media, Thus we have the club not playing ball and media outlets spinning this into an entirely different story?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 14:24:56 »

I made a similar point earlier on in this thread quite a while back and got shouted down so decided to bow out.  It seems that the more vociferous posters are happy with the current situation with regards to the PR stance at the club, so I moved on, not worth the energy.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 14:34:20 »

I made a similar point earlier on in this thread quite a while back and got shouted down so decided to bow out.  It seems that the more vociferous posters are happy with the current situation with regards to the PR stance at the club, so I moved on, not worth the energy.

Seems to be the case.

10 years ago this PR stance would have caused a shitstorm.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: