Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four signings!  (Read 13034 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:58:44 »

No i dont...so explain why they are bigger than us today...

We're a small club. It's time you accepted that.

Huddersfield are getting 13, 14 thousand every home game because they go out and support their team. Too many of our supporters would rather look for excuses to stay away then get behind the team. Until that changes we will not have any success nor we do deserve any.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:02:59 »

Had anyone heard of Sam Parkin before he came here? His record at both Wycombe and Northampton were poor, so what works for some players clubs might not work at others. Had you heard of Simon Cox? Michael Reddy? Diagorouga? Jerel Ifil?

No, and they turned out alright. Give these lads a chance, they might do something. Wilson isn;t going to sign any old sh*t, knowing he doesn;t have much money to play with.

Ignoring the whole we're bigger than Huddersfield debate, some good points made.

1. I'm getting bored of people saying we need to to give wilson some money. We don't have any! If you want to do what Huddersfield have done then prepare for another 15 years of shite like the last 15. Short-termism nonsense.

2. The window's not shut yet, so there still might be the more experienced player to come, especially given what DW said about being patient.

3. I don't get the problem with loan players? We've had some very good high-impact loan players, and just because they're here for a month doesn;t mean we can;t extend it or sign them permanently. I think it's a sensible approach.

4. what do people expect? We are at the bottom of league one and have a history of financial problems, why would anyone playing well in the cham[pionship/league one come and join us? We have to build steadily. Kanu sounds like he has a good pedigree, similar to cox's, wilson seems to like greer, which is good enough for me, and one of the other two scored a hat-trick last week - so what's the harm in seeing what he's got?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:07:19 »

I'm fairly chuffed with the signings, obviously done on a tight budget, looking forward to seeing a couple of them perform tomorrow night.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:16:25 »

you basically said what I did but in about seven words. good work!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:22:41 »

you basically said what I did but in about seven words. good work!

That's what makes you a journo.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:25:28 »

spouting sh*t? Pretty much.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:27:37 »

spouting sh*t? Pretty much.

I didn't like to say... Wink
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:01:05 »

i'm confused how anyone thinks getting another defender so that kanyuka doesn't play is a bad thing?
or how robson-kanu will give us a bit of balance to mcnamee on the right?

it's tragic

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Spencer_White

« Reply #98 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:42:00 »

Just good to inject some new faces. Hope at least 1 of the 4 goes on to be 1st XI.

We havnt had a new first team player since Timlin, and even he wasnt very exciting because we'd had him on loan before.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #99 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:42:54 »

i'm confused how anyone thinks getting another defender so that kanyuka doesn't play is a bad thing?
or how robson-kanu will give us a bit of balance to mcnamee on the right?

it's tragic

Easy now bennett.

You used to much logic in that post.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #100 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:56:09 »

No one said balance i would have macca out wide simply because imo jpm is utter shit. We always have two men marking mcmanamee and do not exploit the spare man and the main reasons for that is no pace . We need players who will make other teams think twice about bombing forward.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #101 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:01:31 »

No one said balance i would have macca out wide simply because imo jpm is utter shit. We always have two men marking mcmanamee and do not exploit the spare man and the main reasons for that is no pace . We need players who will make other teams think twice about bombing forward.

Which would equate to balance?
nochee

« Reply #102 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 20:37:23 »

Brilliant fun reading all this. Ive just found out about the new signings/loan players (whatever you want to call them) and im excited about it all. Maybe this will put noses out of joint in the home camp like DW said, lets hope it does and it raises everyones game. Lets face it the competition between the usual crowd is hardly anything ruthless. They all know that they will play again eventually as someone is bound to fuck up.

Like i said im excited with the new faces and cant wait fro tomorrow nights game on the radio. Lets hope Greer tightens the back up, inspires confidence and who knows, maybe commands the rest of our lot into playing to their expected level.

Im going for a 2-0 win.
Im feeling optimistic
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #103 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 20:58:10 »

Suppose itdoes bangkok
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #104 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:28:53 »

On the Lescinel front, I found some quotes stating he had a "controversial" spell at Falkirk... Turns out he went AWOL while playing for them.
Well he should fit right in with our defence or midfield then as they've been AWOL all season.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: