Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four signings!  (Read 13336 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 13:47:35 »

Seems to be an impossible task, as yet I have not even heard any rumours of any of the dross leaving.

Lots out of contract in the summer so should be able to shift a few out then thanfully.
flammableBen

« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 13:48:36 »

Doesn't somebody normally end up doing a squad list with contract status around this time?

somebody?somebody?somebo...
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 13:49:18 »

Put them in the trade it - free to collector
Rich Pullen

« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 14:25:46 »

More to come hopefully...

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/Interview/0,,10341~1533439,00.html
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 14:28:40 »

Sorry rich what does it say cant open it mate.
flammableBen

« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 14:29:39 »

Town boss Danny Wilson has not ruled out making further additions to his squad despite bolstering his squad with four signings on Monday.

Gordon Greer and Hal Robson-Kanu linked up with the rest of the squad for the first time on Monday morning and both could be in contention for Tuesday night's visit of Walsall.

Wilson, speaking to the media on Monday lunchtime, offered his views on the new recruits.

"We are still looking to bring one or two more in," he said. "We had to be patient but I am delighted to have made the signings. If their arrival puts one or two noses out of joint in the rest of the squad then so be it, we need results.
Article continues
Advertisement

"The lads that have come from within England we know all about. Hal Kanu has come through the ranks at Reading and has a good pedigree. He did well at Southend and he will deliver into the strikers as we want him to.

"Gordon Greer has decent experience and is just what we have been after. He is Captain material if you like and will come into the reckoning for the Walsall game with Pat Kanyuka suspended.

Hamdi Razak, Gordon Greer and Hal Robson-Kanu

"The two French boys impressed on trial and we wanted to take them on. They came over, did well so we have given them an opportunity to come and develop their game here.

Wilson added: "The new signings we have brought here will bring a lot to the party and give the squad the spark that it needs."
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 14:34:46 »

Cheers ben
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:14:35 »

I am not being negative because i really want good things to happen...BUT for me i cant believe you can put two loan players straight in the team...are they really going to be fit,lets be honest they are coming to Swindon to get fit in all probability...i am extremely dissapointed that the new manager isnt being supported and a few bob found,we should be buying not loaning unfit gambles....we are in real danger of going down   and i dont agree with COLIN TODD about Morrison hes been one of our best players and he should be in the team,age dosnt come into it,hes probably fitter than all the rest.....Greer could be a good player...Kanu could be a good player but IMO could is a word we aint got time for.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:19:39 »

Over the years loan players have waltzed into Swindon sides at short notice. Some with success, some without. The window isn't closed yet, we shall see.

On the Lescinel front, I found some quotes stating he had a "controversial" spell at Falkirk... Turns out he went AWOL while playing for them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:21:25 »

but that would be the same with any player we sign. They could be good they might not be.

At least this way we are taking the gamble on players we can send back if they arent any good.

Plus any player that would come to us in a permenant basis probably would do so because he wasnt in the first team at his club, therefore wouldnt be 100% match fit anyway.

Just another reason why the transfer window is a big pile of fucking wank.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:33:35 »

I am not being negative because i really want good things to happen...BUT for me i cant believe you can put two loan players straight in the team...are they really going to be fit,lets be honest they are coming to Swindon to get fit in all probability...i am extremely dissapointed that the new manager isnt being supported and a few bob found,we should be buying not loaning unfit gambles....we are in real danger of going down   and i dont agree with COLIN TODD about Morrison hes been one of our best players and he should be in the team,age dosnt come into it,hes probably fitter than all the rest.....Greer could be a good player...Kanu could be a good player but IMO could is a word we aint got time for.

I dont see why you think Robson-Kanu is unfit. played 15 games for Southend and for readings reserves since then.

As for greer- no, he's not match fit. he cant be beacuse he hasnt played.  But how much would someone of his decent pedigree cost if they were playing regular 1st team football?   and would he want to join us?  not likley. As I said earlier, we're just outside the league 1 relegation zone, we are not an attractive proposition to experienced good quaility players right now.

To be honest if you are saying that your criteria for singing players right now is that they are match fit and in good form,  of good quality for league 1 AND are willing to join us permanantly on a sensible wage then I'd say you're living in dreamland.

As for Morrison: thats just short termism leefer. You can ruin young lads confidence and stunt his long term development by playing them in a losing team.  And I do agree with you Morrison has been decent most of the time when played.  I'd take a different view with a young talented striker- they can get by playing on instict and natural ability, Defending is more abouit learning and experience which is why most defenders peak later then attackers.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:36:23 by Colin Todd » Logged
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:37:29 »

If a player is good enough he should be playing regardless of age.
Unfortunately most of our players are not good enough hence the lack of departures.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:42:47 by overthehill » Logged

When you're smiling.........
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:41:17 »

Put them in the trade it - free to collector

Put them on EBay...2 for the price of 1
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:59:20 »

I dont see why you think Robson-Kanu is unfit. played 15 games for Southend and for readings reserves since then.

As for greer- no, he's not match fit. he cant be beacuse he hasnt played.  But how much would someone of his decent pedigree cost if they were playing regular 1st team football?   and would he want to join us?  not likley. As I said earlier, we're just outside the league 1 relegation zone, we are not an attractive proposition to experienced good quaility players right now.

To be honest if you are saying that your criteria for singing players right now is that they are match fit and in good form,  of good quality for league 1 AND are willing to join us permanantly on a sensible wage then I'd say you're living in dreamland.

As for Morrison: thats just short termism leefer. You can ruin young lads confidence and stunt his long term development by playing them in a losing team.  And I do agree with you Morrison has been decent most of the time when played.  I'd take a different view with a young talented striker- they can get by playing on instict and natural ability, Defending is more abouit learning and experience which is why most defenders peak later then attackers.

Respect your opinion TODDY,,,,but my view is that if you look at Huddersfield alot will think theyve taken a gamble...Lee Clarke as manager,theyve just gone out and spent nearly a million on players,,good players,personally i dont think its a gamble for them as i see them pushing on now,they got in a manager and have backed him,weve braught in a good manager so why arnt we backing him....Huddersfield are not loaded but they have gone for it,i know we probably couldnt spend a million but even a quarter of that would have provided us with some ammo.
We need players now not trialists and loanees...next season will be too late i think.
But its been done now and hopefully we can grab 3 points tomorow, ime just very disapointed.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:06:42 »

Huddersfield can spend more than us because they are a bigger club than us, pure and simple

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: