Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four signings!  (Read 13289 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:55:56 »

And this from a Donny fan on FF:

Great signing for Swindon that. He's a top player and if fit he'd have been close to our side for much of the past year. Big strong centre half and takes no crap. Been injured for over a year but he's a top bloke and quality centre half. When he did play last season he was very good and unlucky to be injured.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:58:30 »

My worry is that both loans are only one month deals. We have a lot of games in that month I suppose.

And loans can be extended, right?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:59:34 »

Hope he is....but i cant fathom what Morrison has done wrong,just begining to find his feet...then left totally in the cold...not great schooling for a youngster.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:05:16 »

Its like waiting for a bus.......

(STFC Dave will be pleased).
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:11:40 »

Hope he is....but i cant fathom what Morrison has done wrong,just begining to find his feet...then left totally in the cold...not great schooling for a youngster.

I disagree.  The worst possible schooling for a youngster is playing in a losing team with no confidence or leadership at all.  Paticually a team that concedes far too many goals when the younsgter in question is a centre back.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:12:32 »

any rumours who the championship defender and midfielder are?

-neither of whom have played in the Championship!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:12:59 »

-neither of whom have played in the Championship!

Its a fair point
Rich Pullen

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:13:10 »

Flippin' eck.

Well done Wilson. Promise kept.
fatbury

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:33:21 »

Greer sounds good in theory ... as long as hes fit he should be useful addition.

Robson-Kanu is very handy at this level .. hardworking winger

Still was hoping for central midfielder .. but I guess it means (hopefully) a run in the side for the Rock Smiley

1 month makes good sense in case they dont work out as well as we had hoped ... Danny never takes them for more than one month at a time usually --- the trialists are a bit different because they are moving here from abroad so need some stability for a few months ...

Onwards and upwards one hopes ... looking forward to Tuesday anyway Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:34:15 »

I disagree.  The worst possible schooling for a youngster is playing in a losing team with no confidence or leadership at all.  Paticually a team that concedes far too many goals when the younsgter in question is a centre back.

So when does he play?...if the team is flying he isnt going to get in is he!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:35:00 »

I'm sure I posted this maybe even months back but Morrisons sudden drop off the face of the earth is probably so he doesnt get injured so if bids come in we can sell him this month.

He was one of the better players for the reserves last tuesday so he may still start, who knows.

The signings look ok I suppose, not jump for joy good but then we were never going to get that.

I'd personally say Kanu is more likely to replace McNamee in the team than McGovern.

Dont think I've ever seen Greer play...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:46:29 »

Maybe mcnamee will play on the right
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:50:38 »

Morrison and Ifil together are terrible, its either one or the other with them as they both need an experienced head alongside them.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:51:58 »

Still was hoping for central midfielder .. but I guess it means (hopefully) a run in the side for the Rock

How anyone can bemoan the fact Wilson hasn't signed a central midfielder yet celebrate the possibility of Pook staying in the first team is beyond me!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:53:58 »

So when does he play?...if the team is flying he isnt going to get in is he!!

He might with injuries and supensions. He's only 17 we shouldnt be relying on him to play all season.  Theres no need to rush him. Assuming he signs a new contract we should be looking at his long term development
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: