Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Four signings!  (Read 13055 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:22:03 »

Should all be eligible to play tomorrow, will be interesting to see if any of them will.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:22:38 »

I think Greer will, due to the lack of other options
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:22:54 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Greer

Was fairly good...isnt no more,but hope ime wrong,its easy to slag so ile just wait and hope!
I dont like loan signings full stop.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:24:01 »

Totally underwhelmed and uninspired.I see that Greer fits the pattern with many of our signings...injury prone.

Now come on - you're being negative.

Just because he hasn't played a first team match in over a year !!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:25:54 »

Is Greer the first player to play for us who's scored against Barcelona?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:26:30 »

Not yet!
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:29:34 »

Is Greer the first player to play for us who's scored against Barcelona?

Jusr a guess but maybe Hoddle or McMahon did.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:32:04 »

I will try to be positive for once and reserve judgement until I have seen both the loanees play tomorrow.
Shame though as I was hoping for a tough midfielder which has been desperately needed for a long time.

When you're smiling.........
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:32:57 »

Where you expecting anything more?  We're out of the relegation zone in L1 on goal difference . We've won once in 13 games.  We're not exactly an attractive proposition right now are we?

I don't set my expectations high,but was hoping that Wilson might have pulled a few strings.I'll pose one question for
you,Robson-Kanu is here for 1 month,can you see him displacing JPM? If he's here for 3 months,like he was at Southend,
i'd be pleased.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:33:13 »

Robson-Kanu in my opinion is a great signing. Will reserve Judgement about Greer but it shakes things up a bit so happy enough.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:38:54 »

I don't set my expectations high,but was hoping that Wilson might have pulled a few strings.I'll pose one question for
you,Robson-Kanu is here for 1 month,can you see him displacing JPM? If he's here for 3 months,like he was at Southend,
i'd be pleased.

If he does well and enjoys himself here then I'm sure the option to extend the loan has been discussed. 

Will he dispalce McGovern?   who knows.   Depends how they both play dosnt it.   Maybe he's planning to play McGovern Centrally, although hopefully not.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:40:17 »

Isn't Readings loan policy that if the player plays for the first team then Reading pick up the wage bill? If so it's likely Kanu will be playing tomorrow...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:44:24 »

I've never even heard of Greer before so I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play. As for Robson-Kanu, he was mint for Southend earlier in the season and think he'll do very well for us.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:49:11 »

I've just checked the Reading site and it seems that Robson-Kanu can play on both wings.
Southend used him primarily on the right.Fair enough guys,i'm warming to the idea as he gives
us options and he seems to have a goal threat about him.

My worry about Greer is about injuries and the lack of game time in the last 2 seasons.If he's
vocal and a hard bastard scottish centre half,then that'll be good.

A tough tackling central midfielder would have been good,but then i'm hard to please.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:51:13 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 10:49:51 »

From what I have gathered from the net about Greer, he is basically a big no frills stopper who is good in the air and reads the game well. Him along side the more pacey Ifil could be a good combo.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: