Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brezovan  (Read 13576 times)
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 08:55:51 »

If we had ambition we would not be selling him.

But hey we know the limit of the current regime- just staying in league 1
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 09:00:55 »

Quote from: "STFC Bart"

But hey we know the limit of the current regime- just staying in league 1

If you had one ounce of mystery to you you might be interesting.

But hey, we know your limit - only posting negative propoganda.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 09:09:03 »

Depends what they do with the money ...

If the takeover falls through and they pay the CVA with it, I'd say that's an ambition - an ambition to stay in business.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 09:45:57 »

Whoah people..........

He's gones for a trial thats all. He may not be signed, he may not impress. He's still a swindon player for now.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 09:46:47 »

And if he has ambition he won't be satisfied with being a benchwarmer in L1. Nor will Phil Smith. Whichever regime it was, any club at this level would struggle to hold onto two 1st choice keepers with clubs higher up the food chain sniffing around them. There are many and various things the current (old?) board can and should be blamed for (and if Brez goes on the cheap fire-sale style just to meet wages etc that I would blame them for) but a good keeper wanting to try his hand at a Prem side is not one of them.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 10:19:58 »

Quote from: "pauld"

And if he has ambition he won't be satisfied with being a benchwarmer in L1. Nor will Phil Smith. Whichever regime it was, any club at this level would struggle to hold onto two 1st choice keepers with clubs higher up the food chain sniffing around them. There are many and various things the current (old?) board can and should be blamed for (and if Brez goes on the cheap fire-sale style just to meet wages etc that I would blame them for) but a good keeper wanting to try his hand at a Prem side is not one of them.

He's under contract and would have to lump it until that contracts up.Unless of course he has a release clause.

/
W56196272
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 10:27:12 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

He's under contract and would have to lump it until that contracts up.Unless of course he has a release clause.

If a Prem Club comes in for him and we say no because he has a contract in place, it's unlikely that he's going to be playing at his best though is it? What would you do - keep him warming the bench or take the money and run. I know what I'd do.

I jump down the throats of the current board at every chance but can't see that they are doing any wrong in this instance. Not saying that any fee going into back-pockets is OK - that's another story altogether - but in terms of a bigger club coming in for one of our players, I can't see much wrong with that. It's what has happened since the year dot anyway so this is no different.

The contract in place in this instance simply means that we'll get a fee for him.
McLovin

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 10:35:07 »

Remember when Bryan Smith and Alan Young had a trial with Celtic? That was amusing...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 10:42:07 »

Quote from: "WorcesterRed"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

If a Prem Club comes in for him and we say no because he has a contract in place, it's unlikely that he's going to be playing at his best though is it? What would you do - keep him warming the bench or take the money and run. I know what I'd do.

I jump down the throats of the current board at every chance but can't see that they are doing any wrong in this instance. Not saying that any fee going into back-pockets is OK - that's another story altogether - but in terms of a bigger club coming in for one of our players, I can't see much wrong with that. It's what has happened since the year dot anyway so this is no different.

The contract in place in this instance simply means that we'll get a fee for him.

I cant see why it would make any difference to him.Hes out of contract next year anyway isnt he,if hes good enough now he'll be good enough then.I dont  care about any fee,my job isnt to balance the books,my job is to want as strong a team as possible.

/
W56196272
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 10:53:58 »

I thought he had the rest of this season and then next season on his contract ?

This being the case I would wait for Smithy to slip up, stick him in and then we should be able to achieve more money for him next summer......

Plus we get 2 good keepers for the rest of the season......

Wise men say........
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 11:23:25 »

Well can anyone blame Brez for going to a Prem team when he isn't even making it into the starting 11 here? I can't.
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 12:02:43 »

Just one point that was made early in this thread...Smith is our number one and therefore supposedly better than our number two. Why should a prem club sniff at our number two but no-one be interested in our number one?
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 12:16:38 »

Quote from: "rogerhubbard"
Just one point that was made early in this thread...Smith is our number one and therefore supposedly better than our number two. Why should a prem club sniff at our number two but no-one be interested in our number one?

I'm concerned any player is being sniffed. What a bizarre thing to do.
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 12:19:01 »

I believe we're making a mistake using smith over brezovan. Perhaps its being done becuase Brezovan was going to be sold all along? Im not being negative, just trying to point out some realistic business sence.

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
sonic youth

« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, September 25, 2007, 12:23:05 »

Quote from: "Blackcurrant"
Remember when Bryan Smith and Alan Young had a trial with Celtic? That was amusing...

did you dream this or did it really happen
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: